Senate Republicans just "blinked" on voting for their HC bill....

Democrats lost almost every important election in the last eight years including the heavily funded Georgia special election. Radicalized democrats even tried to kill republican congresspeople. If republicans "blinked" over the health care bill Trump still has 3 1/2 years left.

I didn't know that Gabby Giffords was republican....

That is all both parties do, play politics. They know what butters their bread and how they get elected.

Well, they are political parties. But both sides know that corporate and wealthy donors are who butter their bread. After all, they spend 80-90% of their time around wealthy people and lobbyists. Sure wish we could get money out of politics...

That's like trying to remove the smell from dead fish, it's part of the fabric of politics. They are all for sale, and they all sell out at some level. Politicians are not subject to any standard of performance to keep their job. Congress as a whole has a very unfavorable public rating, but the individuals in congress only have to win a state wide or congressional district to keep their job.

Warren Buffet had a pretty good idea-

I could end the deficit in five minutes. You just pass a law that says that any time there's a deficit of more than three percent of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election. Yeah, yeah, now you've got the incentives in the right place, right? (Laughs)

Oh, that would be clever. Not only would we have Trump, who can't get anything done due to inexperience, but an entire congress of amateurs, equally clueless.

That's genius...NOT. I hear that silly ass argument from slow thinkers all the time. " we can't vote in a whole new congress, they will be horrible with so little experience".
Fact 1- they are horrible now, and are recognized by the populations as such-
Congress Approval Drops to 20% After February High
mxcj5p5b8kuwghuh-t4gng.png

by Jim Norman

Fact 2- Only 1/3 of the senate would be replaced, and the members of the house will likely be filled from states' governments. They wouldn't be a bunch of hicks and hillbillies with no clue on how things work.

Forum List

Back