Senate-Passed Deal Means Higher Tax on 77% of Households

I guess the label matters to some, but less income to spend is going to be an issue for everyone in the economy.

I have less to spend so I'll spend less. A lot less. Consume as little as possible and squeak by until sanity come back to town.

This is a Senate bill that has become law. The Senate, led by DEMOCRATS, raised taxes on all income earners. The bill became law when Obama signed it. The same President who swore he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class. Well???

This is a Senate bill that has become law. The Senate, led by DEMOCRATS, raised taxes on all income earners. The bill became law when Obama signed it. The same President who swore he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class. Well???

:eusa_shhh:
they are all trying to IGNORE that..

The payroll tax is no higher than it was when Obama took off 4 years ago.

Therefore, he did not raise the payroll tax. You got a payroll tax CUT for 2 years. You paid less in payroll taxes for the last 4 years than if he had done nothing.

Why do you trolls insist on denying that? For your own enjoyment, in your echo chamber?

He meant income taxes. The payroll tax hiatus was always meant to be temporary. And a damn pain in the butt, accounting wise.

But now we have the rightwingloons claiming payroll taxes ARE income taxes after all.

The hypocrisy is delicious.

Pretty simple to see who won. Look at Wall Street this morning. As for the rest of us, pay more with no real spending cuts for the government. The economy just fell back into recession today.

OK. Let's see how this prediction compares to the ones made prior to the election on this board. I suppose if this year turns out to be a good one for the economy and employment goes up, you are going to blame those damned investors for skewing the polls.

So I understand you right wingers don't want to fund Social Security at 2010 levels?
So how do YOU propose we balance the S.S. books???

Reverting to 2010 funding levels isn't going to bridge the gap. We need more reform.

So what are you putting on the table (other than personal insults and vulgarities?)

LOL.....poor Carb, still splitting hairs...must suck to be you.

For those of you trying to pass this off as an Obama tax increase, try to use your brain for 2 minutes -

If the payroll tax had never been touched in the last 4 years, you could not have said Obama raised the payroll tax, and yet,

you would have paid MORE in payroll taxes.

You did in fact pay LESS in payroll taxes in the past 4 years, and yet you want to call this an Obama tax increase.

That is idiocy.

I'm not the one who had to sneak back onto the board under a new name after losing an election bet, as far as who sucks to be who goes.

But on topic, how is a tax cut a tax increase?

The pending bill doesn't raise the payroll tax. The previous bill already had that raise in it.

The payroll tax is no higher than it was when Obama took off 4 years ago.

Therefore, he did not raise the payroll tax. You got a payroll tax CUT for 2 years. You paid less in payroll taxes for the last 4 years than if he had done nothing.

Why do you trolls insist on denying that? For your own enjoyment, in your echo chamber?

BMI-Obamalism20130102041636.jpg

He meant income taxes. The payroll tax hiatus was always meant to be temporary. And a damn pain in the butt, accounting wise.

But now we have the rightwingloons claiming payroll taxes ARE income taxes after all.

I suppose payroll taxes could be based on the number donuts the city police eat on Thursdays, but near as I can tell its a scale based on one's income. Payroll taxes have limits, after which the tax is not collected. If it were an income tax, there would be no limit. I would be for payroll taxes to be based on all one's income.

I do my payroll Ravi, I'm aware of how "fun" these things are. Michigan changed the state income tax rate part way through a year too recently.

the bush cuts with the craven media parroting the Democrats, spent 7 years telling us where for the rich only, but now Obama and the rest discover that if they expire, it will devastate the middle class......:lol: and hey, the bush cuts were supposed to be temporary too, all of them, right?

yes the hypocrisy is delicious:rolleyes:

the bush cuts with the craven media parroting the Democrats, spent 7 years telling us where for the rich only, but now Obama and the rest discover that if they expire, it will devastate the middle class......:lol: and hey, the bush cuts were supposed to be temporary too, all of them, right?

it is rich to see them do a about face, but that is the two faced hypocrisy of the Democrat party and their sheep

I suppose payroll taxes could be based on the number donuts the city police eat on Thursdays, but near as I can tell its a scale based on one's income. Payroll taxes have limits, after which the tax is not collected. If it were an income tax, there would be no limit. I would be for payroll taxes to be based on all one's income.

I do my payroll Ravi, I'm aware of how "fun" these things are. Michigan changed the state income tax rate part way through a year too recently.
They have raised the ceiling on the medicare portion I believe. Either that or dividends and capital gains will now be subject to medicare tax.

I never argued that payroll taxes weren't income taxes. That was the nutters. How soon you forget Romney sneering at the 47% that (in his opinion) PAY NO TAXES.

I think they should have let all the Bush tax cuts expire as they were "designed" to do.

Forum List

Back