Senate-Passed Deal Means Higher Tax on 77% of Households

This is a win-win for progressives..................

Higher taxes on the American people, and even more reckless spending from their corrupt comrades in congress............

It's pretty clear to me there are people in this topic who have no idea what the payroll tax cut was to begin with, and that it was a temporary measure enacted during the recession.

I swear, this shit is right out of Orwell.

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Last edited:
I thought you were all worried about the deficit?

your memes keep bumping into each other huh

Hiking payroll tax will not address the deficit.

Besides all you people who think Social Security is a good thing should be happy to pay more into it shouldn't you?

This is a win-win for progressives..................

Higher taxes on the American people, and even more reckless spending from their corrupt comrades in congress............

The libs are going to lap it all up. Their party won, again. Not that it's good for the country, but it was good for the party. They beat the repubs....that's the end game for them, they're up an astounding 2-0 in the last three months.

I think they just like to bitch and moan over anything.

well fer sure we people should just sit back and shut up while this government taxes the SHIT out of us

Don't worry school girl, your taxes are not going to be affected.you don't make enough.

You are one of those I am talking about. You don't even have a clue what a payroll tax is, much less what the payroll tax cut was all about.

For the stupid, payroll taxes are the money that is taken out of your paycheck for Social Security and Medicare. Your employer pays part of your Social Security and Medicare premiums, and you pay the rest.

There is also a premium deducted for Unemployment Insurance.

This tax was lowered by 2% for 2011 and 2012 to help boost the economy. It is one of the better ways to stimulate the economy since people will spend the extra 20 bucks they get each payday instead of saving it since it is such a relatively small amount to the individual but a great deal of money when multiplied by a hundred million people.

Over a long term, lower premium payments would affect Social Security and Medicare very negatively, as anyone with a lick of common sense would understand.

The payroll tax cut is one of the few tax cuts that should be allowed to expire. It is one of the sanest things this Congress has done in a long time.

This bullshit about 77 percent paying a "higher tax" is piss for the rubes to drink. Don't be such idiots. You've been paying that "higher tax" your entire working life, dumbasses.

Last edited:
I thought you were all worried about the deficit?

your memes keep bumping into each other huh

Obama went on TV hours before the deadline and said his biggest concern was keeping taxes low on 98% of Am3ricans, "like the ones standing behind me tonight." Grats you voted for a Republican TM, wars, taxes and everything... lol.

If the folks only understood how returning to higher tax rates is really in their best interest and how govt bureaucrats really know whats best for them............If they only understood...........LOL

You Lefties see how you got scammed?

You thought it was gonna' be about just the top 1% didn't you? Isn't that what Obama said?

Now it's on 77%.

And as I've already pointed out, those taxes will only go to Banksters, NOT the US Gov't.

We will NEVER get out of Debt this way. NEVER.

The payroll taxes pay for SS and Medicare.

Well, no.......they don't. They're supposed to, but they don't. The government spends those dollars and replaces them with IOU's.......that they don't pay.

oh well
links in article at site

SNIP:

By Richard Rubin - Jan 1, 2013 12:54 PM CT.
513 Comments

Print
The budget deal passed by the U.S. Senate today would raise taxes on 77.1 percent of U.S. households, mostly because of the expiration of a payroll tax cut, according to preliminary estimates from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington.

More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 would pay higher taxes. Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635, the policy center said. A 2 percent payroll tax cut, enacted during the economic slowdown, is being allowed to expire as of yesterday.

The heaviest new burdens in 2013, compared with 2012, would fall on top earners, who would face higher rates on income, capital gains, dividends and estates. The top 1 percent of taxpayers, or those with incomes over $506,210, would pay an average of $73,633 more in taxes.

Much of that burden is concentrated at the very top of the income scale.

all of it here
Senate-Passed Deal Means Higher Tax on 77% of Households - Bloomberg
:lmao: Last year payroll taxes weren't income taxes.

Dope!

Stand by... You ain't seen nothing yet. This is just the beginning. Bring on the taxes. Let those tax and spend Democrats out of the box and let 'em run. They are just getting things cranked up. Next comes the more borrowing of money from China so we can spend it on things we can't afford or really need. We're on the way to becoming Greece.

LOL.....poor Carb, still splitting hairs...must suck to be you.

For those of you trying to pass this off as an Obama tax increase, try to use your brain for 2 minutes -

If the payroll tax had never been touched in the last 4 years, you could not have said Obama raised the payroll tax, and yet,

you would have paid MORE in payroll taxes.

You did in fact pay LESS in payroll taxes in the past 4 years, and yet you want to call this an Obama tax increase.

That is idiocy.

Actually he is just as white as he is black, that irks you,doesn't it?

look at these fools

they have no morals except to knee jerk defend there hate for the first black president

:eusa_shhh:
I don't think we are allowed to talk about that "side" of the family..

They couldn't then accuse of hating the "black" man as President

I guess the label matters to some, but less income to spend is going to be an issue for everyone in the economy.

Just yesterday, one of you nutters was defending the expiration of the payroll tax holiday saying that it was robbing SS for the future. Make up your goddamn minds!!!

Oh, you have made up your minds. In your minds everything is the President's fault.

Sure it is. Don't like it? Tough shit. You can't take back the years you blamed President Bush for EVERYTHING... Karma be a bitch.

Forum List

Back