Senate Majority Now Up for Grabs?

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Could the anti-Democrat Big Government backlash result in Republicans managing to take back the majority in the US Senate?

From the Politico...

___

Sen. Evan Bayh's stunning decision Monday to pass on a reelection campaign in Indiana is the latest blow to a Senate Democratic majority that is suddenly within striking distance for the GOP.

While the retirements of Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.) and Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) had a clear political logic to them — both involved vulnerable incumbents badly trailing their prospective opponents, according to publicly released polling — Bayh’s calculus was less obvious since he had a comfortable double-digit cushion and a nearly $13 million head start.

Either way, the two-term senator’s departure now places 10 Democratic-held Senate seats at risk. If all are swept under by a November GOP wave, Republicans are back in control of the Senate.

The lesson of the tumultuous past 45 days is that the contours of the political landscape can change in an instant — and a death, a retirement or a top candidate’s decision not to run can wreak havoc on the best laid political plans

Full article here:

Five ways to lose the Senate majority - POLITICO.com Print View

I thought it was possible but what with Obama surging now, I'm not so sure.

Dems need to stay true to themselves and try to pass ObamaCare, Cap & Trade and make owning a gun a crime

I'd say going to 2007-2009 numbers (51-49 D Majority) is the best the GOP can get, if they're hoping for more party seats in the Senate...

Possible....not likely

Repubs still need 51 seats with Biden holding tie breaker

Dems need to stay true to themselves and try to pass ObamaCare, Cap & Trade and make owning a gun a crime

wow... now thats a recipe for GOP control for sure.

The FIX is in. It's precisely what they plan on doing...

The Repubs need to be careful in going to Obama's "Televised Meeting". Sit , Listen...and Flood Obama with the Alternative plans that the Statist Democrats said didn't exist, then LEAVE.

Then they need to make sure the PEOPLE are aware that the Statist Democrats LIED that the Republicans had NO alternative. It's that the Republican plans never saw the light of day.

Don't think so. NOt is 2010. Could change in 2012. Depends on the economy and jobs.

Forum List

Back