Senate Leaders Announce Bipartisan Deal, Vote Now Goes to the House

Can anyone explain why the Senate is not voting on this right now?
Tomorrow is the 17th. So much for them saying the sky will fall if this isn't passed by that date.
What are they waiting for?

Tomorrow is the 17th. So much for them saying the sky will fall if this isn't passed by that date.

It already passed the Senate, it should be voted on in the House any moment now

Nobody is getting what they want. Why tell such a stupid lie? Do you think because you said it, people will believe you? And are you really happy about cardiac pacemakers, insulin pumps and the like getting additionally taxed? Who does that help?

What a partisan hack.

I'm having a very hard time seeing how this could've went much better for the democrats given the circumstances. Maybe reform the Sequester cuts...but meh, if that's the sacrifice for the democrats then it's good enough for me.

I am not fully on the Dem sides in this and I can tell that the Republicans got their ass handed to them.

Maybe Boehner should have placed the CR up for a vote back in September. That way this would not be a large a victory for the Dems as it look.

This turned out very good for the Dems--what did they actually lose? The implementation of an anti-fraud program(that was going to be implemented later?). The removal of a device tax(which actually helps medical institutions?)

Really--what did the Dems lose? Also, remember--this started with the goal of defunding ObamaCare! Looks like to me that the Republicans threw more money into it!

Respect. They lost a lot of respect.

The party of compassion? The way they manhandled Veterans? The way they held a hundred tourists hostage in Yellowstone? The way they tried to shut down private enterprises for the crime of being located in a National Park?

You won't hear about it in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM but people talk, people know what's going on now and what the dimocrap party really is.

scumbags.

And that's why it always comes as such a shock to dimocraps when their party gets their asses handed to them.

Remember something, obama got VERY lucky in '08. Believe that or don't. McCain was actually ahead until the Markets crashed in September.

the Stuttering Clusterfuck also got lucky in '12 with Hurricane Sandy.

It also helped that Fatass Douchebag Candy Crowley had set Romeny up during the 2nd debate with that 'terrorist' comment, which even leftwing rags admitted was a lie.

And don't forget something else while we're at it... 30 of the 50 States have Republican Governors. And Colorado is about to lose their dimocrap majority in their Legislature because of gun control idiots.

You people on the left are going to be for a big shock next year.

A big one.

We're going to win 20 in the House and 10 in the Senate.

Mark my words

That's why the GOP is down to 28 points in approval ratings. Because all they do is whine and complain and predict doom and gloom for America. Look at your own topics that you faux conservatives start on this forum. Whine, whine, whine.

In that respect, you are no different from the hippies and pantywaists on the Left who Ronald Reagan knocked out of the ballpark.

Stop whining. Stop bitching. Start topics with solutions instead of attacks.

Idiots.

Its hard to offer solutions when the other side lies about and ignores simple economics and fiscal realities. Its also hard to effect solutions when the only real solution is to get the federal government out of several enterprises that would bring instant emotional cries of "child-killer, old person killer, black person killer, whatever killer"

I'm sure there was someone telling Detroit they were gonna be in the shitter, but that person was written off as a whiner, and a complainer, spouting doom and gloom, meanwhile the progressives created policies that chased people away, ruined the tax base, and destroyed the city.

The main reason progressives use the federal government is they figure the productive people can't as easily run away to another country as opposed another State or County.

Nobody is getting what they want. Why tell such a stupid lie? Do you think because you said it, people will believe you? And are you really happy about cardiac pacemakers, insulin pumps and the like getting additionally taxed? Who does that help?

What a partisan hack.

I'm having a very hard time seeing how this could've went much better for the democrats given the circumstances. Maybe reform the Sequester cuts...but meh, if that's the sacrifice for the democrats then it's good enough for me.

Let's play the partisan hack game, okay?

Obama gets no one year debt extension. = lose

Obama gets no "clean" CR. = lose

The sequester cuts stay in effect. = lose

The income verification issue gets strengthened. = lose

Forces to Dems to negotiate = lose

Now, I'll play fair, because unlike you, I am not a partisan hack. Neither side got what they wanted. The standoff has hurt everyone. The abortion that is Obamacare still lives. Both sides lost. Anyone who says different is a fool.

The CR isn't "clean" because it has the Sequester cuts, so you're counting that twice.

Income Verification isn't even a defeat for the Dems...they didn't completely oppose it.

Forces dems to negotiate? Ummm, no, the House is taking the Senate's bill down their throat.

So the only two things you have are the Sequester and it only being a temporary debt ceiling raise...but the temp raise can work out to the democrats favor if they play it right.

No they haven't.
One Senator tweeted that they may vote on it this evening.

Now, I'll play fair, because unlike you, I am not a partisan hack. Neither side got what they wanted. The standoff has hurt everyone. The abortion that is Obamacare still lives. Both sides lost. Anyone who says different is a fool.

The CR isn't "clean" because it has the Sequester cuts, so you're counting that twice.

Income Verification isn't even a defeat for the Dems...they didn't completely oppose it.

Forces dems to negotiate? Ummm, no, the House is taking the Senate's bill down their throat.

So the only two things you have are the Sequester and it only being a temporary debt ceiling raise...but the temp raise can work out to the democrats favor if they play it right.

Spin. Nothing you said is true. Partisan hack that cannot concede a point, Typical.

Senate leaders announce deal to end shutdown and avoid default - NBC Politics

On the brink of a national default, the leaders of the Senate struck a deal Wednesday to reopen the federal government and extend its power to borrow money. The House appeared ready to go along — and end, at least for now, the crisis in Washington.

Sen. Harry Reid, the Democratic leader, said on the Senate floor at midday that his party and Republicans had found their way to a compromise to “provide our economy with the stability it desperately needs” and avert financial disaster.

His Republican counterpart, Sen. Mitch McConnell, offered his blessing: “This is far less than many of us had hoped for, frankly, but is far better than what some had sought.”

The compromise would fund the federal government through Jan. 15 and extend the borrowing power, known as the debt ceiling, through Feb. 7. It also calls for an agreement by mid-December on a long-term budget plan.

While it raises the specter of further fights to come, the compromise at least puts an end a government shutdown that has dragged on for 16 days, leaving hundreds of thousands of workers without pay and doubtless hurting the delicate U.S. economy.

And finally, Teddy Bear offered to get the [expletive-deleted] out of the way.

What a partisan hack.

So--in other words--the Republicans only forced the government to shut down over minor issues? They were never serious about defunding Obamacare?

If that was the case, why not just come out and say so--that would be a politically winning argument for them. Scaring us like that was not called for. Also, I don't think the government had to shutdown if you start talking about this a month earlier, most of the public would have been behind you now!!

No--No--you are trying to find a silverlining in an overt political ass whooping. The Tea Party were not able to accomplish their goals because there are too many moderates in the GOP who would rather cave than risk throwing the nation into an economic abyss. These so called "concessions" are face saving devices to help the moderates keep their seats in the next election cycle. Too bad that the Tea Party are now aiming at their seats in the primary, thus the moderates lost twice!

I guess it sucks to be a moderate in the Republican party these days--can't win, and can't win for losing!

So--in other words--the Republicans only forced the government to shut down over minor issues? They were never serious about defunding Obamacare?

If that was the case, why not just come out and say so--that would be a politically winning argument for them. Scaring us like that was not called for. Also, I don't think the government had to shutdown if you start talking about this a month earlier, most of the public would have been behind you now!!

No--No--you are trying to find a silverlining in an overt political ass whooping. The Tea Party were not able to accomplish their goals because there are too many moderates in the GOP who would rather cave than risk throwing the nation into an economic abyss. These so called "concessions" are face saving devices to help the moderates keep their seats in the next election cycle. Too bad that the Tea Party are now aiming at their seats in the primary, thus the moderates lost twice!

I guess it sucks to be a moderate in the Republican party these days--can't win, and can't win for losing!

Stop making sense, dammit!!!!!

:mad:

Nowhere near as much respect as the GOP lost. The GOP lost much bigger. Democratic Party approval stands at 43 percent. GOP approval stands at 28 percent.

Twice as many Republicans think the GOP has gone crazy as Democrats who feel that way about the Democratic Party.

Want to go into the mid terms with those numbers?

Didn't think so.

Just keep bitching and not getting the better alternatives out there. That strategy is working so well! :lol:

Last edited:

Republicans made a point..... "We're looking out for you"

When obamacare hits, you're going to be AMAZED at how bad it is. Amazed.

Costs are going to go apeshit, care is going to go to hell, people are going to be kicked off of Company-Provided Health Care and given money to go get their own (they already are by the Tens of Thousands) thereby losing their Pre-Tax advantage.

obamacare is an abortion and Republicans tried, against overwhelming odds, to stop it.

dimocraps and the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM have done nothing but lie to the American People about obamacare from the beginning and Republicans have tried to be honest about it.

Who's gonna pay the price when The American People get pissed about it?

The party that tried to stop it or the party that lied to them about it?

You figure it out, genius

Nowhere near as much respect as the GOP lost. The GOP lost much bigger. Democratic Party approval stands at 43 percent. GOP approval stands at 28 percent.

Twice as many Republicans think the GOP has gone crazy as Democrats who feel that way about the Democratic Party.

Didn't think so.

Just keep bitching and not getting the better alternatives out there. That strategy is working so well! :lol:

Even honest Republicans are turning on their party and saying....What the fuck are you guys doing?

Shutting down the Government in a hopeless attempt to defund Obamacare was idiotic. The damage done to honest hardworking Americans is inexcusable

No they haven't.

yes they have...The house is scheduled to vote on it at 3pm

Didn't think so.

Even honest Republicans are turning on their party and saying....What the fuck are you guys doing?

Shutting down the Government in a hopeless attempt to defund Obamacare was idiotic. The damage done to honest hardworking Americans is inexcusable

How about you talk for your own party and kindly not speak for mine?

No they haven't.

yes they have...The house is scheduled to vote on it at 3pm

Turn on c-Span 2 they have not voted on it yet.
Live Video - C-SPAN2 | C-SPAN

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/CeilingBil
The Senate will vote on it early this evening.

The House will have a meeting at 3 p.m.

Last edited:

Didn't think so.

Honestly

Do you support what the Republicans have done over the last month? Do you think it was worth it?

Honestly

Do you support what the Republicans have done over the last month? Do you think it was worth it?

If it results in eventual fiscal sanity coupled with a review of Obamacare sometime in the future, then yes.

Plus it got out in the open how miserable the Obama adminsitration can be, vis a vis, Shutdown Theatre.

Didn't think so.

OK, I will. It was stupid and idiotic, because it was futile and detracted from the real issue - forcing entiltment reform. It smacked of demagoguery and was more about Cruz's ambition, and Lee's pathetic hanger on status, than substance. It was fueled in the House by a small group of people who sold their constituents on power they could never have, and probably dabbled in mudwhistlish parnoid victimhood views of Obama.

I doubt it caused irreparable harm to anyone, but maybe so. Hopefully, the humilation of the teapary will help refocus the GOP on the new opportunity to really do some debt reform. We can means test, and increase enrollment ages. There are revenue sources, like overseas profits, that can be tapped w/o damaging growth. The Gop didn't lose sequester. And, they can refuse new revenues w/o some corresponding further cuts in discretionary spending.

Honestly

If it results in eventual fiscal sanity coupled with a review of Obamacare sometime in the future, then yes.

Plus it got out in the open how miserable the Obama adminsitration can be, vis a vis, Shutdown Theatre.

The shutdown showed how little respect Obama has for the American people. It also revealed the Dems as a bunch of hyper-partisan agenda-driven phonies living off Daddy's credit card and unable to say No.

Forum List

Back