Senate GOP Leaders Want To Put Ted Cruz In A Time Out

LOL, he's a jackass that is abusing his elected office to grandstand for primary season. They will put up with a little bit of that but he stepped over the line. It's funny he thought he could borrow a page from the Trump playbook and get away with it.

McConnell lied to his face. He deserved to be humiliated on the floor and for the record.

How do we know McConnell lied to him? The Export-Import Bank is an important institution for our trade policies. It seems unlikely the Republicans would not vote to keep it functioning.
You have no idea how Congress works. You might as well held an Idiot sign around your neck with that post.
You are the one who does not know how Congress works, you and Cruz. He accomplishes nothing and the public is letting him know what they think of him with support for his Presidential candidacy barely registering in the polls.

First off we're talking Senate. McConnell has not only lied to secure votes on the trade bill but he is also blocking amendments like that old weasel from the Dems, Harry Reid.

These old fuck ups truly believe they rule like the Senators of Rome. That son of a bitch McConnell is actually using "filling the tree" tactic to block fellow Senators for offering amendments on the highway funding bill now.

Fuck him. I hope more Senators get the balls to start smacking the old bastard around.

Republican senators: McConnell blocking vote on Planned Parenthood

Republican senators McConnell blocking vote on Planned Parenthood TheHill
We have a congress that is broken and needs to be fixed. It was broken by the Senators who are criticizing Cruz, but Cruz is not helping to fix the problem, he is making it worse. Speaking out and "telling it like it is" is all well and good as we can see by the popularity of another plain speaker at the top of popularity, but their has to be some kind of evidence of the ability to actually solve problems and get results. Cruz doesn't fit that requirement. He lacks the problem solving ability. He is a lawyer good at being a trouble maker.

Precisely what was Cruz expecting when he said that stuff? A cake?

This was just (more) campaign showboating, and McConnell won't just stand there and take it.

So McConnell is allowed to flat out lie to Cruz to secure the Senator's vote on a bill and doesn't expect payback?

Surely you jest. Surely you don't side with McConnell.

I'm thrilled to death that Cruz took a chair shot at the old bastard. It's high time some one did.
I don't care much for either one of them. What I don't like is showboating, which is what Cruz was/is doing.

So let's go back to my actual question: What was Cruz expecting when he said that stuff?

We'll see how he responds: Let's see if he complains about something McConnell does (predictably) in political retaliation.

Showboating? And what Leftist Republicans did with their shame fest wasn't? Your hackery is showing again.

This was just (more) campaign showboating, and McConnell won't just stand there and take it.

So McConnell is allowed to flat out lie to Cruz to secure the Senator's vote on a bill and doesn't expect payback?

I'm thrilled to death that Cruz took a chair shot at the old bastard. It's high time some one did.
I don't care much for either one of them. What I don't like is showboating, which is what Cruz was/is doing.

So let's go back to my actual question: What was Cruz expecting when he said that stuff?

We'll see how he responds: Let's see if he complains about something McConnell does (predictably) in political retaliation.

Showboating? And what Leftist Republicans did with their shame fest wasn't? Your hackery is showing again.
Deflection doesn't advance the conversation much.

Deflection doesn't advance the conversation much.

Look at the substance that's the problem with you libs and RINOS

this is all you'll get off the Hufferpuffer. childish hit pieces about Republicans. yawn zzzzzzzzzzzz

Mitch McConnell and John Boehner are worse than Obama in one way. During Primary Season, they pretend to be Conservatives and then after getting reelected they show they are really Big Government Progressive Republicans. The political cartel needs to be busted. The time is now!! After all the lies they have sold to us…No mercy. We need someone who can lead us back to our Constitution.
LOL, he's a jackass that is abusing his elected office to grandstand for primary season. They will put up with a little bit of that but he stepped over the line. It's funny he thought he could borrow a page from the Trump playbook and get away with it.

McConnell lied to his face. He deserved to be humiliated on the floor and for the record.

How do we know McConnell lied to him? The Export-Import Bank is an important institution for our trade policies. It seems unlikely the Republicans would not vote to keep it functioning.

Countries can trade with u without having to borrow. Essentially, its a fdr law that is no longer relevant and is an indirect tax on all of us. Its a law that needs to be repealed.

Mitch McConnell and John Boehner are worse than Obama in one way. During Primary Season, they pretend to be Conservatives and then after getting reelected they show they are really Big Government Progressive Republicans. The political cartel needs to be busted. The time is now!! After all the lies they have sold to us…No mercy. We need someone who can lead us back to our Constitution.

You have no idea how Congress works. You might as well held an Idiot sign around your neck with that post.

Oh? Please educate me. Especially concerning the part where Cruz is lied to and announce it to the public but the other Republicans that McConnell must have lied to continued to play team ball?

I really need education on that part of 'How Congress Works." Really, I do!!

Countries can trade with u without having to borrow. Essentially, its a fdr law that is no longer relevant and is an indirect tax on all of us. Its a law that needs to be repealed.

Maybe, but are we talking governments or private foreign businesses trying to take advantage of loans for trade?

"Truth" Ted doesn't give a fuck about the scum in Congress, he's for "WE, THE PEOPLE!"

Ted Cruz: "Sen. Cruz: McConnell-Reid Leadership Team Operates for One Party: The Washington Party

Senator Ted Cruz Press Rekease ^ | July 26, 2015 | Ted Cruz
AMERICAN PEOPLE ELECTED A REPUBLICAN MAJORITY BELIEVING IT WOULD SOMEHOW BE DIFFERENT FROM A DEMOCRATIC ONE WASHINGTON, D.C. – After speaking on the Senate floor today, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) issued the following statement: “We’ve just seen something extraordinary on the Senate floor. The American people elected a Republican majority believing that a Republican majority would be somehow different from a Democratic majority in the United States Senate. Unfortunately, the way the current Senate operates, there is one party, the Washington party. “Senate leadership consists of the McConnell-Reid leadership team. They operate as a team. They support the same...

Oh? Please educate me. Especially concerning the part where Cruz is lied to and announce it to the public but the other Republicans that McConnell must have lied to continued to play team ball?

go research it. let us know what you find out

Cruz is answerable to his constituents not to those lying corrupt bozo's in DC. They pretend to be conservative before each election then morph right back into RINO's after the election.

Why even bother sending our representatives to Washington, most of the power is concentrated into just a few corrupt politicians hands.

Why research it when I have such a wonderful teacher here to teach me?

Unless, this teacher can't explain it.

Maybe this teacher lashed out at me because I questioned Cruz integrity? I really expect this is the case.

If so, why do you think a politician, in the beginning of a presidential contest and lagging in the polls, would not pull a political stunt like this to gain attention.

Too much points against Cruz to take his charge seriously. Not to mention the reason why he would call out McConnell in public instead f talking to him in private, like any good Republican would?

That how politics in Congress works.

Cruz is answerable to his constituents not to those lying corrupt bozo's in DC. They pretend to be conservative before each election then morph right back into RINO's after the election.

Why even bother sending our representatives to Washington, most of the power is concentrated into just a few corrupt politicians hands.

those on the Hufferpuffer believes everyone should be marching in lockstep like their elected idiots and they do . how sad it that and shows what the rest of us is up against

I'd like to think that Cruz and company have figured out that we shouldn't have trade policies to begin with, because we shouldn't be trading with companies outside this country.

those on the Hufferpuffer believes everyone should be marching in lockstep like their elected idiots and they do . how sad it that and shows what the rest of us is up against

Our system of government has become corrupted. If they can't bribe you with leadership posts, pork spending, and re-election campaign money they silence you with threats, House and Senate rules and procedures. Does that sound like the form of representative government the country was founded on?

Our system of government has become corrupted. If they can't bribe you with leadership posts, pork spending, and re-election campaign money they silence you with threats, House and Senate rules and procedures. Does that sound like the form of representative government the country was founded on?

oh I agree, but until we can get people like those at the Hufferpuffer to act like ADUTLS and give a crap about their OWN corrupted crooks in their own party. we are pretty much screwed

How do we know McConnell lied to him? The Export-Import Bank is an important institution for our trade policies.

No, the Ex-Im is a giant scam. See here: The Export-Import Bank US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

It's a boondoggle for large corporations that gives them an unfair advantage. And those big corporations pay a lot of money to lobbyists and have a lot of Congressmen and Senators in their pockets to keep that boondoggle alive.

Ted Cruz is calling them all out.

Unfortunately, the GOP has worked very hard to turn the minds of their voters into mush. As a result, these minions have the intellectual capacity of a bumper sticker and are unable to grasp the ins and outs of the issue.

What we have in America today is internal protectionism. Large sclerotic, corrupt businesses who are being legislatively protected by our American Politiboro.

Just as labor unions pressure our politicians to put heavy tariffs on imports in the name of "jobs", so, too, do large corporations put pressure on Congress to protect their companies from being replaced by upstarts with better, leaner, more efficient business models in the name of "jobs".

Both are killing capitalism. A low-skilled lava lamp assembly worker should not be earning $20 an hour. That lava lamp SHOULD be built overseas. Protectionist tariffs murder innovation, and keep our work force low-skilled.

Bank bailouts keep massive zombie banks alive which should be allowed to die so they can be replaced by banks which will heed the lessons of centuries of banking. The zombie banks have continued their fraudulent ways completely unabated.

Ex-Im shuts shuts out competition by protecting the existing large corporations who have bought our American Politiboro.

The bought-and-paid-for politicians claim they are protecting Ex-Im in the name of "jobs".

It's bullshit. They are doing it to protect the profits of the corrupt corporations who own them, and to lock out better run companies.

Last edited:

Why research it when I have such a wonderful teacher here to teach me?

Unless, this teacher can't explain it.

Maybe this teacher lashed out at me because I questioned Cruz integrity? I really expect this is the case.

If so, why do you think a politician, in the beginning of a presidential contest and lagging in the polls, would not pull a political stunt like this to gain attention.

Too much points against Cruz to take his charge seriously. Not to mention the reason why he would call out McConnell in public instead f talking to him in private, like any good Republican would?

That how politics in Congress works.

How about starting off the lesson properly? It's not Congress.

It's the fucking Senate.

As to Cruz. He's dead on brilliant. He's a lawyer. and he knew how far he could push this. Savvy soul this one. He did talk to McConnell in person. McConnell lied to him to get Cruz to vote for the trade bill.

This is all out there. This smackdown is long overdue. I for one keep hoping that McConnell gets hit with as many chair shots as possible to make him wake up one day and realize he is NOT THE FUCKING BOSS of the Senate and the Senators but merely the Senate Majority Leader.

Last edited:
The bottom line here is that McConnell lied to all the Senators looking Cruz in the eye that there was not going to be a deal on the Export-Import Bank.

How clear cut is this? To me it's crystal clear that the old bastard lied his ass off.

“On Friday I gave an unusual speech, a speech unlike any I have given in this chamber. It was not a speech I was happy to give,” said Cruz, a Republican presidential candidate. “I described an explicit promise the majority leader had made to me and to all 53 Republican senators.”

He said that McConnell made a promise “in front of every Republican senator” while “looking me in the eyes [that] there was no deal on the Export-Import Bank.”

“We saw on Friday that promise was false," Cruz said. "That promise was made and that promise was broken.”

Cruz said that McConnell took steps to “force a vote to reauthorize the Export-Import bank and they were directly contrary to the promises the majority leader made to all 53 Republicans.”

“My saying so [on Friday] may be uncomfortable but it is a simple fact,” Cruz said."

Cruz doubles down on McConnell attack TheHill

Forum List

Back