Senate Dems ax bipartisan jobs bill

So much for bipartisan co-operation.

Harry says his 'new' bill will be stripped down and cheaper, and of course nobody will see it until he wants a vote on it.

The bill died because of republican pork. There are two things that could have happened: 1) cons put it in as a poison pill to kill the bill or 2) cons are just continuing business as usual--the same business that got them booted to begin with.

Whatever the reason cons have shown they do not deserve to be at the table. Surprise, surprise...

Harry says his 'new' bill will be stripped down and cheaper, and of course nobody will see it until he wants a vote on it.

My Way News - Senate Dems ax bipartisan jobs bill

Democrats scrapped a bipartisan jobs bill in favor of one they say is leaner and focused solely on putting Americans back to work.

:lol: Thanks for the link, Zeno. That one quote is going to make me laugh the rest of the day.
Its amazing they think they are fooling anyone with this stuff.

Except of course, the obamatrons and the stupid.

Your all-inclusive title is a misnomer. In fact, it is ONLY Harry Reid who dismisses bipartisan effort on the jobs bill. Just keeping you honest, as usual.
Argue it with the article writers, I didn't write the title they did.

The bill died because of republican pork.

Stop spinning, nobody is buying it.

It died so harry could load it up with 'amendments' only his side could make and he could claim the GoP was the party of 'no' when they fillibuster his soon to be revealed porkulus II.

Your tricks won't work because I know and loathe BOTH parties and how they opperate, and this is whythe Dems will lose their grip on power in November.

The bill died because of republican pork. There are two things that could have happened: 1) cons put it in as a poison pill to kill the bill or 2) cons are just continuing business as usual--the same business that got them booted to begin with.

Whatever the reason cons have shown they do not deserve to be at the table. Surprise, surprise...

Seems like our end of the table is getting more votes in Congress. Your steak looks sort of tough.

You could be right (correct) that it was a bait-and-switch by Republicans. I don't trust anything Mitch McConnell or Chuck Grassley say on any given day because they're apt to come out the following day and say something completely opposite.

Last edited:

Seems like our end of the table is getting more votes in Congress. Your steak looks sort of tough.

Changes in midterms almost always happen, so this is no great revelation that Republicans will gain some seats. As I've said before, I will be anxious to see what they have to offer when they are no longer in such a crushing minority in the House.

The fact they need a new "Jobs Bill" shows how bad this President's $850 Billion "Stimulus" has failed. They shouldn't need a new "Jobs Bill" if their "Stimulus" is working so great. This is just another Reid & Obama failure. He killed a Bi-Partisan bill so he could make it a more partisan bill. It really is that simple in the end. I don't believe the Dem's "Bi-Partisanship" rhetoric any more than i believe their tired "Hope & Change" rhetoric. They all gotta go. Make 2010 count people.

Bumping this because it really is a huge story.

Reid made it impossible for the GoP to add amendments (the Dems can) while dumping a carefully crafted bill that was truely bipartisan.

reid is limping along on his third knee.

Democrats scrapped a bipartisan jobs bill in favor of one they say is leaner and focused solely on putting Americans back to work.

:lol: Thanks for the link, Zeno. That one quote is going to make me laugh the rest of the day.
Its amazing they think they are fooling anyone with this stuff.

Except of course, the obamatrons and the stupid.

Unlike Bush who DID fool people with all of that "WMD" stuff? I will take THIS stuff, anyday. THIS stuff doesn't cost the lives of any of our military personnel..

Forum List

Back