Senate Considers Rare Bill Supporting Abortion Rights

figures you that "Christian" who care about all children would be rooting for something like this

disgusting hypocrite

figures you that "Christian" who care about all children would be rooting for something like this

disgusting hypocrite

Anyone has a right to speak out against rabid anti-choice pro-birth zealots who care more about a fertilized egg than a born child - and who seemingly have no regard for the mental, physical, financial welfare of the woman. It's Christian hypocrisy.

Why is the senate wasting its time on a bill they know will be DOA in the house, OH! that's right they have to come up with new ways to keep pushing the phony war on women thing. It's not about women, it all about politics.

I know you're a certified dumbass - but the Republican war on women is very real - and the majority of women know that.

Do they Sqaw?

Hey Lakohta why do you want to deny women counseling? An abortion can be something that is horrifically traumatizing why do you want to force that on women?

How about you respond with something other than a stupid meme?

It isn't denying, dumbass, it's requiring that it not be legally mandatory.

Priceless irony that will escape you Shitting Bull :)

The abortifacients are not being denied the women, they just aren't being required legally paid for by the employer through their insurance.

I love how stupid Liberals are.

Hey Lakohta why do you want to deny women counseling? An abortion can be something that is horrifically traumatizing why do you want to force that on women?

The abortifacients are not being denied the women, they just aren't being required legally paid for by the employer through their insurance.

Somehow shitting bull will find out a way to explain his way out of this.

I didn't see abortifacients mentioned in the OP. BTW, RU-486 is the only recognized abortifacient by the Food and Drug Administration.

There is only one drug approved to induce abortion. It is called RU-486 (mifepristone) and is not on the FDA's list of approved contraception. It is available only by prescription and no employer is forced to pay for it as part of an employee health plan.

MUCH MORE: What an abortifacient is -- and what it isn't | National Catholic Reporter

401197_252651041481585_124679360945421_607168_2050867950_n.jpg

Perfect!

You and Obama. Two people so stupid that they think someone has a right to an abortion.

I didn't see abortifacients mentioned in the OP. BTW, RU-486 is the only recognized abortifacient by the Food and Drug Administration.

There is only one drug approved to induce abortion. It is called RU-486 (mifepristone) and is not on the FDA's list of approved contraception. It is available only by prescription and no employer is forced to pay for it as part of an employee health plan.

MUCH MORE: What an abortifacient is -- and what it isn't | National Catholic Reporter

(smile) The Hobby Lobby decision ONLY affected abortifacients, nothing you can do to change that fact .

Reagrdless, NO pills are being DENIED women, they are SIMPLY not being "legally" required to be paid for by the insurance company.

You are an idiot, and your words bit you in the ass :))

(smile) The Hobby Lobby decision ONLY affected abortifacients, nothing you can do to change that fact .

Reagrdless, NO pills are being DENIED women, they are SIMPLY not being "legally" required to be paid for by the insurance company.

You are an idiot, and your words bit you in the ass :))

The OP is addressing surgical abortions - not abortifacients.

lakhota love when the Government CRUSHEs the little people by BYPASSING their Representation and overstepping the Supreme Court

Can't let anything get in the way of SUCKING out them babies for the Democrat/liberal

then they turn around and ask YOU where your christianity is FOR illegal invaders coming over our borders

you are sick sick people

you make me sick

Last edited:
so what's the troll do

goes and starts another sicko thread on babies

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

Last edited:
LOL.

So, if you don't want government in between a woman's legs, then what's with the Obamacare abortion mandate Lakhota? Or is that something magically different? If you don't want government dictating the reproductive choices of other wome, you would be fighting alongside Republicans trying to repeal Obamacare.

One other thing, when you ask government to give a woman free birth control, are you making an exception to the rule? I thought you said government should be allowed between a woman and her OB-GYN? So, how is that her choice to make when she has government paying for her birth control?

:eusa_doh:

What Obamacare "abortion mandate"?

The Senate Judiciary Committee held a hearing Tuesday on a rare bill in support of abortion rights that would block states from passing laws that chip away at women's access to abortion services.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal's (D-Conn.) bill, the Women's Health Protection Act, prohibits restrictions on abortion "that are more burdensome than those imposed on medically comparable procedures." The legislation would nullify mandatory waiting periods, mandatory ultrasounds and counseling before abortion; gestational limits on abortion before viability; requirements that abortion clinics become ambulatory surgical centers; and other state laws that abortion-rights supporters believe are designed to make it impossible for women to access a safe and legal medical procedure.

"This bill is about stopping laws that purport to be about health, when really they interfere with the doctor-patient relationship and have the very practical effect of harming women and their constitutionally protected rights," Blumenthal said at the hearing. "Our goal is to stop politicians from playing doctor."

In the past three years, states have enacted 205 new anti-abortion laws that have forced dozens of legal, state-regulated abortion clinics to go out of business. Texas, for example, had more than 40 abortion clinics in 2010, and is expected to have only six by the time all its new anti-abortion laws are enacted in September. Lack of access to safe abortion providers is already forcing women to resort to dangerous and illegal methods of self-induced abortion.

Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) said she is tired of politicians trying to make medical decisions for women. Women in Wisconsin have to make two separate trips to the abortion clinic and undergo an "invasive ultrasound procedure" 24 hours before receiving an abortion.

"Women are more than capable of making their own personal, medical decisions without consulting their legislator," Baldwin said.

MORE: Senate Considers Rare Bill Supporting Abortion Rights

Sounds good, even though the GOP-controlled House will likely ignore it. At least it helps send a message to women that Democrats are supporting their rights. Since the anti-choice/pro-birth zealots don't have the political muscle to overturn Roe v. Wade, they've been chipping away at abortion rights through the back door.

I am anti-abortion (except for health exceptions). I also don't like end-runs around the Constitution or the SCOTUS.

But imho SCOTUS went way beyond ruling on the case at hand and ventured into essentially writing legislation and the worst type of judicial activism with Roe v Wade. Blackmon conducted his own investigation and wrote an opinion that stretched much further than the case at hand - both BIG TIME no - nos.

I'd like to see abortion severely restricted and I consider Roe v Wade VERY backdoor - so tit for tat.

The Senate Judiciary Committee held a hearing Tuesday on a rare bill in support of abortion rights that would block states from passing laws that chip away at women's access to abortion services.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal's (D-Conn.) bill, the Women's Health Protection Act, prohibits restrictions on abortion "that are more burdensome than those imposed on medically comparable procedures." The legislation would nullify mandatory waiting periods, mandatory ultrasounds and counseling before abortion; gestational limits on abortion before viability; requirements that abortion clinics become ambulatory surgical centers; and other state laws that abortion-rights supporters believe are designed to make it impossible for women to access a safe and legal medical procedure.

"This bill is about stopping laws that purport to be about health, when really they interfere with the doctor-patient relationship and have the very practical effect of harming women and their constitutionally protected rights," Blumenthal said at the hearing. "Our goal is to stop politicians from playing doctor."

In the past three years, states have enacted 205 new anti-abortion laws that have forced dozens of legal, state-regulated abortion clinics to go out of business. Texas, for example, had more than 40 abortion clinics in 2010, and is expected to have only six by the time all its new anti-abortion laws are enacted in September. Lack of access to safe abortion providers is already forcing women to resort to dangerous and illegal methods of self-induced abortion.

Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) said she is tired of politicians trying to make medical decisions for women. Women in Wisconsin have to make two separate trips to the abortion clinic and undergo an "invasive ultrasound procedure" 24 hours before receiving an abortion.

"Women are more than capable of making their own personal, medical decisions without consulting their legislator," Baldwin said.

MORE: Senate Considers Rare Bill Supporting Abortion Rights

Sounds good, even though the GOP-controlled House will likely ignore it. At least it helps send a message to women that Democrats are supporting their rights. Since the anti-choice/pro-birth zealots don't have the political muscle to overturn Roe v. Wade, they've been chipping away at abortion rights through the back door.

I am anti-abortion (except for health exceptions). I also don't like end-runs around the Constitution or the SCOTUS.

But imho SCOTUS went way beyond ruling on the case at hand and ventured into essentially writing legislation and the worst type of judicial activism with Roe v Wade. Blackmon conducted his own investigation and wrote an opinion that stretched much further than the case at hand - both BIG TIME no - nos.

I'd like to see abortion severely restricted and I consider Roe v Wade VERY backdoor - so tit for tat.

Wasn't Roe v. Wade better than back alleys and coat hangers?

Forum List

Back