Senate Approves Resolution Backing Israel in Hamas Conflict

Discussion in 'Congress' started by WillowTree, Jan 9, 2009.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,723
    By Nicholas Johnston

Jan. 8 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Senate unanimously approved a resolution expressing support for Israel in its conflict with Hamas, while the House of Representatives prepared to act on a similar measure tomorrow.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat, said the measure “expresses vigorous support” for Israel.

“The Israelis have every right to defend themselves against these acts of terrorism,” said Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

Israel is in its 13th day of military operations against the Islamic militant Hamas movement in the Gaza Strip in an effort to stop rocket attacks against southern Israeli towns.

Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said they had personally spoken with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to express their support

Bloomberg.com: Politics

Well, just for Roberto,, I can say this is one thing the Democrats have done that I :clap2: Happy now Roberto?

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    And some on the 'left', those cheering on the Palestinians, are NOT happy. Links at site:

Commentary » Blog Archive » J Street Cowers

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,723
    The "Juicebox Set" that's a new one for me, but funny as all hell,, I guess they mean those boxes with the tiny little straws???? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I don't think it was necessary or wise to make this resolution, regardless of how you feel about the conflict. We should be trying to remain as neutral as possible in this conflict, and this resolution will simply make Arabs hate us even more.

5. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,723

Well Kevin,, I don't think it's possible to make Arabs hate us more than they already do,, that's why they are in such desperate straits, they concentrate too much on hatred and blaming others for their problems than they do on bettering their lives. and as for the "evil" that is afoot? it cannot be approached with "humility" you have to take a stand. Sooner or later you will have to take a stand.

6. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I don't have to take a stand with those that kill civilians. That goes for Israel and Hamas.

7. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    This Senate Resolution just shows the strangle hold the Zionist Jews have on American politics.

All high level politicans in the US have to kowtow to Israel if they want to get re-elected.

America's government is truely ZOG infected.

8. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,988
    Back in 2002 while President Bush was standing in the Rose Garden demanding that Israel withdraw its troops from the West Bank, the Senate passed a resolution in support of Israel's military actions that was so strong it made Joe Lieberman nervous, and the House actually debated whether to include a statement in its resolution that Israel would be justified in deporting all the Palestinians from the territories. This resolution is more temperate that those were and shows that while US political leaders in both parties share everyone's anguish over the pain and destruction war brings that they understand Israel is fighting against the same kind of Islamic terrorist threat the US is fighting against and that Israel is forced to use the same methods the US is forced to use to protect its citizens against that threat.

9. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,988
    Then I guess you don't stand with the US either since we are killing civilians in Afghanistan in our fight to protect Americans against the threat from al Qaeda.

10. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    Why do we HAVE to take a stand? It's not our problem. Let Israel defend herself (of course that's a paradox because she would be using American weapons in doing so)