Sen Tom Harken trying to take Rush off Armed Forces Radio?

Originally posted by Adam's Apple
Goes to show you how the liberals really feel about free speech, their great cause. If it supports them, they are all for it. If its against them, they want to bring it down any way they can. There's no consideration of ethics, fair play, etc., when it comes to the methods they resort to to accomplish that.

How true! :clap:

i don't like rush, i think he's the far right's version of the far left michael moore, but oh well

he shouldn't be taken off. there's a considerable number of folks in the Armed Forces who like him. honestly though, i'd rather have NPR (which according to the latest listener tracking info i heard, has a 1/3 liberal, 1/3 moderate, 1/3 conservative audience) than AFR. the AFR here in Japan is pretty poor, jokes are bad, song selection is horrible, programming choices are questionable and often worthless.

ha, i asked the guys/gals in my shop yesterday about who they'd rather have.... 18 of 20 said howard stern over everybody else... man our generations' head is messed up....

Nato Air.......Thats fascinating... so what that tells us is those you surveyed prefer listening to women who beg Howard for breast implants while he asks them to lift up their shirts to see if they are worthy. Okay thats a little scary to me too!

I am always amazed when I hear Rush referred to as far right.

Lets see, he supports the troops and the effort they are undertaking. Freedom for all and protection from terrorists.
He beleives in a free country without too many govt regulations so they can prosper economically and not be a dredge on the rest of society.
He sees liberals for what they really are and articulates their hypocracies in a classy and humorous way, citing their own words.
He believes everyone has the ability to strive for excellence no matter what race, or background you come from.
He sees the UN as impotent and as a corrupt endless debate society that never really accomplishes anything.

Well I guess if thats considered far right these days then sign me up!!!

My point really is whether you agree with Rush or not is that the crowd that always claims to be anticensorship are the worst offenders and now they don't even try to hide it anymore! To them the ends justifies the means.

Originally posted by NATO AIR
i don't like rush, i think he's the far right's version of the far left michael moore, but oh well

he shouldn't be taken off. there's a considerable number of folks in the Armed Forces who like him. honestly though, i'd rather have NPR (which according to the latest listener tracking info i heard, has a 1/3 liberal, 1/3 moderate, 1/3 conservative audience) than AFR. the AFR here in Japan is pretty poor, jokes are bad, song selection is horrible, programming choices are questionable and often worthless.

ha, i asked the guys/gals in my shop yesterday about who they'd rather have.... 18 of 20 said howard stern over everybody else... man our generations' head is messed up....

::annght:: "try again dumbass."

Rush is Right wing. But to call him the Right's MM is inaccurate. Rush bases all of his sayings in FACT. Almost Everything that he has ever said has been true. Why do you think he claims 99.8% accuracy on his show. Its all there for anyone to see too. If you think he lies like MM then prove it.

Sorry Comparing anyone to MM is a grave insult. I don't even care for Rush because he's pretty arogant, but he has his facts straight.

And don't get me started on that Hypocritical moron, Stern.

hey i didn't say i liked stern either... i told you my generation's head was messed up after i mentioned stern was the popular vote

i want to see an independent website or resource that has no ties to rush or his fans state what you said... from the very beginning of my memory rush has been a loudmouth, half steeped in fact, half steeped in twisted fantasy, much like moore.

wasn't he the one who used to spread the rumors about clinton and them killing vincent foster? god knows the other stunts he's pulled in the past.

actually i found one.. fair.org seems a decent site, my god they have a page devoted to this loudmouth

http://www.fair.org/press-releases/limbaugh-debates-reality.html

an article from a conservative about limbaugh being more of an entertainer than anything else... the only entertainer i pay attention to on anything political or social is bono, probably the only one who knows what the hell he's really talking about... well maybe tom selleck on gun control (or the lack of the need for it)

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/1995/vo11no14/vo11no14_limbaugh.htm

actually i found one.. fair.org seems a decent site, my god they have a page devoted to this loudmouth

http://www.fair.org/press-releases/limbaugh-debates-reality.html

an article from a conservative about limbaugh being more of an entertainer than anything else... the only entertainer i pay attention to on anything political or social is bono, probably the only one who knows what the hell he's really talking about... well maybe tom selleck on gun control (or the lack of the need for it)

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/1995/vo11no14/vo11no14_limbaugh.htm

I don't think this site is "FAIR" in and of it self. Reading some of the stories, i find that they feel the media is being run by big corporations. they also seem to think that the media is racist and has a RIGHT slant in it. lol :cof: Sorry that cracked me up. A few of their articles give it away.

On Michael Moore:

Also on the show: Michael Moore's new film Fahrenheit 9/11 has garnered, along with big box office receipts, harsh criticism from mainstream journalists and the right, who accuse Moore and his film of everything from inaccuracy, to cheap shots, to having a point of view. We'll talk to Joanne Doroshow, one of Fahrenheit 9/11's associate producers and fact-checkers, about the media onslaught.

On the 9/11 commision findings:

Also on the show: The interim reports of the 9/11 Commission got big media play last week. The findings seemed straight-forward enough: they found no evidence of a connection between Iraq and Sept. 11 attacks, and no collaborative relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda. So why were so many pundits unwilling to accept those facts? And why did the media start up the debate over these issues again? We'll talk that over with Robert Jensen, journalism professor at the University of Texas.

On the Economic Boom:

This week on CounterSpin: At Fox News Channel, the line is that the economy is booming, only the public is too dumb to figure that out, in part because media are "blotting out" all the good news. What's the real deal on the economy, and in particular the so-called "boom" in job growth? We'll hear from Lee Price of the Economic Policy Institute.

On Ronald Reagan:

This week on CounterSpin: As one might've predicted, some of it's just been inane, as when Time magazine said "Reagan gave Reaganism a human face," but some of the many hours and pages of coverage devoted to former president Ronald Reagan have been downright dangerous in their omissions and distortions of the historical record. What are reporters forgetting or getting wrong? And what does the wave of largely uncritical treatment of Reagan say about the current state of the US press?

I think They, like most left wing internet sites, have an agenda as well. They seem to be trying to prove that the Media has a RIGHT slant instead of a left which is preposterous based on all the research done by independant orgs that speak to the contrary.

ha, one day i will find a fair site or a fair book on our buddy rush

sorry he just always embarassed me and came across as a pompous jackass, and though that fair.org site may be leftist, like nearly everything, there is some degree of truth in there

but hey i think he should stay on AFR... its bad already, him being on there only proves my point to people who think its good on base

:), my god they interviewed paris hilton for an hour! WTF is that? we might as well give studio time to some washed up actor/actress or singer than her

ha, one day i will find a fair site or a fair book on our buddy rush

sorry he just always embarassed me and came across as a pompous jackass, and though that fair.org site may be leftist, like nearly everything, there is some degree of truth in there

Rush is a pompous jackass. But he's right 99.8% of the time. :D

I prefer Hannity. He's right just as much but much more humble about it then Rush.

but hey i think he should stay on AFR... its bad already, him being on there only proves my point to people who think its good on base

:), my god they interviewed paris hilton for an hour! WTF is that? we might as well give studio time to some washed up actor/actress or singer than her

Plus im pretty sure the troops are tired of hearing that their CIC is a traitor and a liar every 10 minutes like on howards show. I think he's in the Dems pocket. Either that or he's the biggest hypocritical moron on the air today. How else can he make the claims that Bush is censoring him through the FCC when it was a Bill proposed by a Democrat and signed by John Kerry that is making its way through the Congress. Bush hasn't even signed it yet. Yet John Kerry is a better candidate for Pres cause Howard doesn't like Bush? What a freakin moron. Its even funnier that O & A told him this would happen and he blew it off like O&A were 2 no talent DJ's.

oh well, i like NPR, forgive me. i don't like the whole shock-jock deal... oldfashoned me i suppose

NPR is great.
Do you ever listen to the show Democracy Now? Good show.
Yesterday, I listened to Frederick Douglas' 1852 Independence Day Address. Tht was pretty cool. I think they are replaying it later this weekend with James Earl Jones providing the voiceover.

"...Allow me to say, in conclusion, notwithstanding the dark picture I have this day presented of the state of the nation, I do not despair of this country."

Allow me to say, in conclusion, notwithstanding the dark picture I have this day presented of the state of the nation, I do not despair of this country. There are forces in operation, which must inevitably work The downfall of slavery. "The arm of the Lord is not shortened," and the doom of slavery is certain. I, therefore, leave off where I began, with hope. While drawing encouragement from the Declaration of Independence, the great principles it contains, and the genius of American Institutions, my spirit is also cheered by the obvious tendencies of the age.

Nations do not now stand in the same relation to each other that they did ages ago. No nation can now shut itself up from the surrounding world, and trot round in the same old path of its fathers without interference. The time was when such could be done. Long established customs of hurtful character could formerly fence themselves in, and do their evil work with social impunity. Knowledge was then confined and enjoyed by the privileged few, and the multitude walked on in mental darkness. But a change has now come over the affairs of mankind. Walled cities and empires have become unfashionable.

The arm of commerce has borne away the gates of the strong city. Intelligence is penetrating the darkest comers of the globe. It makes its pathway over and under the sea, as well as on the earth. Wind, steam, and lightning are its chartered agents. Oceans no longer divide, but link nations together. From Boston to London is now a holiday excursion. Space is comparatively annihilated. Thoughts expressed on one side of the Atlantic are, distinctly heard on the other. The far off and almost fabulous Pacific rolls in grandeur at our feet. The Celestial Empire, the mystery of ages, is being solved. The fiat of the Almighty, "Let there be Light," has not yet spent its force. No abuse, no outrage whether in taste, sport or avarice, can now hide itself from the all-pervading light.

The iron shoe, and crippled foot of China must be seen, in contrast with nature. Africa must rise and put on her yet unwoven garment. "Ethiopia shall stretch out her hand unto God." In the fervent aspirations of William Lloyd Garrison, I say, and let every heart join in saying it:

God speed the year of jubilee

The wide world o'er!
When from their galling chains set free,
Th' oppress'd shall vilely bend the knee,
And wear the yoke of tyranny
Like brutes no more.
That year will come, and freedom's reign,
To man his plundered fights again
Restore.

God speed the day when human blood
Shall cease to flow!
In every clime be understood,
The claims of human brotherhood,
And each return for evil, good,
Not blow for blow;
That day will come all feuds to end
And change into a faithful friend
Each foe.

God speed the hour, the glorious hour,
When none on earth
Shall exercise a lordly power,
Nor in a tyrant's presence cower;
But all to manhood's stature tower,
By equal birth!
THAT HOUR WILL, COME, to each, to all,
And from his prison-house, the thrall
Go forth.

Until that year, day, hour, arrive,
With head, and heart, and hand I'll strive,
To break the rod, and rend the gyve,
The spoiler of his prey deprive-
So witness Heaven!
And never from my chosen post,
Whate'er the peril or the cost,
Be driven.
from Frederick Douglas' 1852 Independence Day Address

Originally posted by nycflasher
NPR is great.
Do you ever listen to the show Democracy Now? Good show.
Yesterday, I listened to Frederick Douglas' 1852 Independence Day Address. Tht was pretty cool. I think they are replaying it later this weekend with James Earl Jones providing the voiceover.

from Frederick Douglas' 1852 Independence Day Address

WOW flasher. New avatar and tag line I see. It's good!

(Now you don't have to go and change it because "I" think it's a step in the right direction.)

And just to add, I'll bet my last dollar that Rush isn't going ANYWERE, EVER. The man could call down the rath of his listeners and make MAJOR waves if he wanted. Thing is, he doesn't need to. The idiot that's blowin' all the hot air about getting rid of him isn't even worth worrying about. All Rush has to do is ignore him and he'll go away.

I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I remember that, during the nineties, there was some kind of scheming afoot in Congress to require Rush to allow a liberal rebuttal after his show. This idiocy was advanced in the name of, " equal time", and inspired Rush to utter one of my all-time favorite quotes:

" Equal time? I AM equal time!"

I've had it with people who pretend they know something when in reality they know nothing.

To start, Rush did not start the rumors on the death of Vincent Foster. Go back in time and pull up the broadcast and you will discover and learn he was reporting on what others had said about it. He never speculated murder as a viable possiblity.

As to those who think Rush is not humbe. Tell me, if an eagle were to fly not as high as it is capable does that make an eagle more humble.

Rush uses for example absurdity to prove the absurdity of the left.

Rush speaks with a passion and conviction which scares those on the left. He does not redine words such as is depending upon what the meaning of the word is is depending upon what one wants to get by with or justify due to lack of any type of moral standards.

Patrick

Originally posted by DawntreaderView
I've had it with people who pretend they know something when in reality they know nothing.

To start, Rush did not start the rumors on the death of Vincent Foster. Go back in time and pull up the broadcast and you will discover and learn he was reporting on what others had said about it. He never speculated murder as a viable possiblity.

As to those who think Rush is not humbe. Tell me, if an eagle were to fly not as high as it is capable does that make an eagle more humble.

Rush uses for example absurdity to prove the absurdity of the left.

Rush speaks with a passion and conviction which scares those on the left. He does not redine words such as is depending upon what the meaning of the word is is depending upon what one wants to get by with or justify due to lack of any type of moral standards.

Patrick

He is pretty arrogant though, lol. Even if its an inside joke to himself.

Originally posted by insein
He is pretty arrogant though, lol. Even if its an inside joke to himself.

I don't think Rush is arrogant. He has a shtick, like any other radio mogel would have. But I wouldn't say he's arrogant. He pretty much sticks to the facts, and he brings to light points that might otherwise be missed. That's why he's so popular. He bares for all to see the hypocricy in the left. Even the left listens to him. When they call in and try and debate him, that's my favorite thing. I love to listen to Rush chew up and spit out liberal dumbasses. Makes my day.

Forum List

Back