Sen Tom Harken trying to take Rush off Armed Forces Radio?

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Okay Im new here so be gentle........I received a news alert from the American Conservative Union stating that Senator Tom Harken is trying to remove Rush Limbaugh from the armed forces Radio. Apparently the amendment that was attached to other legislation has passed the Senate and is heading to Congress. Harken alleges that Rush is undermining the troops effort abroad by spreading propaganda. Here is the link http://www.laptoplobbyist.com/acurush.html[/URL]

I plan on calling on some of the Republican leadership and telling them of my deep concern regarding this.

Originally posted by Bonnie
Okay Im new here so be gentle........I received a news alert from the American Conservative Union stating that Senator Tom Harken is trying to remove Rush Limbaugh from the armed forces Radio. Apparently the amendment that was attached to other legislation has passed the Senate and is heading to Congress. Harken alleges that Rush is undermining the troops effort abroad by spreading propaganda. Here is the link http://www.laptoplobbyist.com/acurush.html[/URL]

I plan on calling on some of the Republican leadership and telling them of my deep concern regarding this.

Ok, DK beat me to it, Welcome Bonnie. :D I've read a couple of your posts now, really, Welcome! :clap1:

You know I don't know if other conservatives feel this way but especially lately when I am speaking politics to others It's as if they come from another planet and I have to say Im really very worried about the intelligence of some. I can't quite figure out if they are just so easily led by the liberal press or it's something in the water?????

You know I don't know if other conservatives feel this way but especially lately when I am speaking politics to others It's as if they come from another planet and I have to say Im really very worried about the intelligence of some. I can't quite figure out if they are just so easily led by the liberal press or it's something in the water?????

Never fear, we have our aliens too, Flasher, (though he's a nice alien; then there is Bully, he's just a playbook talker; then there is Psychoblues, well, he is unique-no category). They are joined by others from time-to-time.

There is also DK, our token liberal mod. :p: . Problem is, he is a conservative in lib dressing! :flameth: :laugh:

Well Im always up for an intelligent and coherent debate so I have no fear of them especially if theres a glimmer of hope we can bring them to our side LOL Be it very small Glimmer

Well Im always up for an intelligent and coherent debate so I have no fear of them especially if theres a glimmer of hope we can bring them to our side LOL Be it very small Glimmer

There's always hope, look at DK! :p:

Originally posted by Kathianne
There's always hope, look at DK! :p:

Don't label me a conservative, just because I'm pro capital punishment, I like my firearms, and I was a US Marine. ;)

I have WAY too many other liberal aspects to me. :D

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Don't label me a conservative, just because I'm pro capital punishment, I like my firearms, and I was a US Marine. ;)

I have WAY too many other liberal aspects to me. :D

Now about NAMBLA and child abuse? Sorry, you lost your lib status, your morals are too high. Just speaking of Constitutional Freedoms doesn't cut it anymore.

Kathieanne I take it you are a teacher? I guess the teachers lounge must be heaps of fun for you just kidding
I am actually going into that profession as soon as I get my degree, more in the counseling area though.

Kathieanne I take it you are a teacher? I guess the teachers lounge must be heaps of fun for you just kidding
I am actually going into that profession as soon as I get my degree, more in the counseling area though.

Yeah, jr. high social studies. Working on MS in administration. Department chair or vice-principal, don't want out of classroom for at least 15 years.

Teaching needs some people from the right, it gives some balance. I don't do lunch! :p:

I don't think it will go through when People WANT TO listen to Rush and he doesn't have to PAY to be on the air on the Armed Forces network. I think Rush is one of the few uplifting voices the Soldiers here from the emdia so i don't think they want that taken away for morale purposes.

You make a good point. Having a family member over there in Iraq now I know Rush is very popular and does lift the morale, however Im dubious of the idea that just because someone like Rush is popular makes him immune to Liberal cencorship, and Im a bit surprised that some republicans have allowed this to go thru although i don't know all the particualrs of what was attached to the legislation.

Hello Bonnie and other posters,

Unfortunately I have Senator Tommy Boy Harkin, (No Respect intented) as my state Senator. He makes me upchuck. I am seeking a way of bringing him up on charges of violating his oath of office.

Am I mistaken or did he or did he not take an oath to uphold the 'Constitution of the United States.' If he did then hopefully he knows what it says. The first amendment explicitly (spelling on that last word) forbids Congress from even looking at (That is what the word respecting means) the notion of enacting any bill respecting the restricting of speech. Harkin, Tommy Boy, Senator, by slipping that little thing in the defense spending bill which would restrict Rush Limbaugh's free speech rights.

I would appreciate any feedback as to why Tom Harkin is not in violation of his 'oath of office'? Thanks

Patrick

Goes to show you how the liberals really feel about free speech, their great cause. If it supports them, they are all for it. If its against them, they want to bring it down any way they can. There's no consideration of ethics, fair play, etc., when it comes to the methods they resort to to accomplish that.

Forum List

Back