Sen, santorum; “life begins at conception.”

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by LilOlLady, Jun 12, 2011.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +762
    SEN, SANTORUM; “LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION.”

That is a personal belief and has not place in politics.

Those clump of cells is not a viable human being and there is not evidence that the end results will be a viable human being. Rep. Santorum say any doctor that performs an abortion should be charged with murder. Murder of what? A clump of cells? What is murder? Will the woman be charged with accomplish to murder?

GOD has spoken on the issue and it is an issue between the woman, the doctor and their GOD. Government need to stay out of it.

I would like to know where Sen. Santorum stand on protection a life after birth. How he feel about war and killing of innocent people who we consider “causalities or war” and “collateral damage.”

Planned Parenthood save lives and that is the reason we need it. Ending legal abortions and funding for Planned Parenthood will not stop abortions and save lives. Charging doctors with murder will not stop abortions either.

GOD gets to define when life begins and ends. Not Santorum or our government. It is not my right to even cast a vote on the issue.

Cain murdered his brother Abel yet GOD did not sentence him to death. Yet GOD sentence those who lied to death?

Many pro-life advocates use Exo as opposing abortions.
    http://bible.cc/exodus/20-13.htm

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Planned Parenthood also keeps the black population in check. :thup:

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    Personal beliefs have everything to do with politics.

And life does begin at conception. Because that's when a new lifeform is formed and can be identified as separate from his/her parents.

4. Wingsofwind

Wingsofwind Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    LilOlLady,

First off, what God does with HIS creation is up to HIM, not the creation.

Secondly, the government is there because of "beliefs", as Avatar stated. Beliefs are what dictate what happens in politics. Take the war on drugs of example. Many 'believe' it is wrong to use drugs and destroy your body (or have a more healthy body if Hemp is used) and they want to dictate what others do to their bodies.

Now, let me ask you something. If those same people think a woman should be able to have an abortion because she has a 'right' to do with her body as she wishes, then why is it that they do not believe that other's have that same right to use drugs? It is 'their' bodies after all.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  5. lehr

lehr Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    it is a fact that women give birth to humans 100% of the time - i do not care if women get abortions (illegally ) when u make abortions - "legal" it becomes a state law - that means that i approve of what my state is doing - and i do not ! you are forcing me to be part of that murder - keep abortion illegal - if a woman wants to murder her child - that is up to her - dont get me involved - do not co-opt me into abortion ! and this has nothing to do with religion - i dont care what GOD sez on anything !

6. FuelRod

FuelRod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +924
    [​IMG]

7. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,676
    I know get that a lot of that from the skeptics in the AGW debate. 2(the IR absorption properties of CO2 are well documented) + 2(the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has been going up, since the advent of the Industrial Revolution)= 5(we don't know where the CO2 is coming from, but it can't possibly be man)

8. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    He does not believe in abortion...NO MATTER WHAT. If she is raped by her father, she has to have that child according to ol Rick Santorum.

Google his name. I did. lol

9. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Rick Santorum says women should be forced to bring to term a fetus conceived during rape or incest and that doctors should be criminally charged for providing legal abortion care.

Santorum: No Rape or Incest Exceptions | RH Reality Check

I do not want this man and his imposing beliefs anywhere near the white house. He is an extremist really.

Between this and his feelings on Gays, he is horrible.

10. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,731
    You must be a higher authority than God who says life begins with the first breath!

Gen 2: 7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2