Sen. Jon Kyl Falsely Claims 90% of Planned Parenthood's Activity Is Abortion

I guess it never occurred to you that the bitch from PP is a liar did it? Ever heard of cooking the books?

Evidence they are cooking the books? After all, that is quite a serious accusation you are making, I assume you would have proof. :eusa_whistle:

No more serious than you accusing a US Senator of lying so cry me a fucking river whydonchya?

If Republicans didn't lie:

we wouldn't be in Iraq

2.4 trillion in tax cuts really would have created "jobs, jobs, jobs"

We would never be using the term "death panels"

Republicans would be protesting Obama for being in the White House simply because he's black

Republicans would admit they really want to expand government dramatically simply to control women

Evidence they are cooking the books? After all, that is quite a serious accusation you are making, I assume you would have proof. :eusa_whistle:

No more serious than you accusing a US Senator of lying so cry me a fucking river whydonchya?

we wouldn't be in Iraq
Nevermind that a good percentage of DEMOCRATS voted for it...eh? And even in their MAJORITY...it still goes on...

Republicans would be protesting Obama for being in the White House simply because he's black
Check your RASCISM at the door DUMBASS...

Republicans would admit they really want to expand government dramatically simply to control women
Nancy? Is that *YOU*?

What? There is video proof of him saying that 90% of what PP does is Abortion. I have shown proof that is not true. The burden of proof is on you to show they cooked the books. Okay? Go.

Nope, it's not. Me? I'm going to believe the US Senator.. I do remember those undercover videos.. yes I do.. Planned Parenhood is nothing we the taxpayer should have to fund. I'm with Kyl.

Sen. John Kyl, R-Ariz., repeated a Republican argument today that abortions are "well over 90 percent of what Planned Parenthood does." He later clarified that the statistic, which is inaccurate, was "not intended to be a factual statement."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I bet Willow believes that 90% of what PP does is abortion AND that Kyl doesnt mean 90% at the same time, just cause he said so.

What? There is video proof of him saying that 90% of what PP does is Abortion. I have shown proof that is not true. The burden of proof is on you to show they cooked the books. Okay? Go.

Nope, it's not. Me? I'm going to believe the US Senator.. I do remember those undercover videos.. yes I do.. Planned Parenhood is nothing we the taxpayer should have to fund. I'm with Kyl.

Sen. John Kyl, R-Ariz., repeated a Republican argument today that abortions are "well over 90 percent of what Planned Parenthood does." He later clarified that the statistic, which is inaccurate, was "not intended to be a factual statement."

I bet Willow believes that 90% of what PP does is abortion AND that Kyl doesnt mean 90% at the same time, just cause he said so.

YET *YOU FAIL* to find a factual BREAKDOWN of PP...

Imagine that?

FACT REMAINS...they fund *ABORTIONS* at TAXPAYER EXPENSE.

WHY?

we wouldn't be in Iraq

Ad hominem.

YET *YOU FAIL* to find a factual BREAKDOWN of PP...

Imagine that?

FACT REMAINS...they fund *ABORTIONS* at TAXPAYER EXPENSE.

WHY?

Kyl lied and no amount of capslock will change that sparky.

YouTube - Sen. Jon Kyl Falsely Claims 90% of Planned Parenthood's Activity Is Abortion

In reality, Abortion services are about 3% of what Planned Parenthood does according to 2009 figures.

What Planned Parenthood actually does - Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

As you can see in the chart atop this post, abortion services account for about 3 percent of Planned Parenthood’s activities. That’s less than cancer screening and prevention (16 percent), STD testing for both men and women (35 percent), and contraception (also 35 percent). About 80 percent of Planned Parenthood’s users are over age 20, and 75 percent have incomes below 150 percent of the poverty line. Planned Parenthood itself estimates it prevents more than 620,000 unintended pregnancies each year, and 220,000 abortions. It’s also worth noting that federal law already forbids Planned Parenthood from using the funds it receives from the government for abortions.

Amazing.

You attempt to refute a lie by posting another lie. Did you learn that in your "free" public school education?

Though 98 percent of Planned Parenthood’s services to pregnant women are abortion, Planned Parenthood and its political allies have sworn up and down that taxpayer dollars do not to pay for abortion. But of course they do. Planned Parenthood gets one-third of its entire budget from taxpayer funding and performed more than 650,000 abortions between 2008 and 2009. An abortion is expensive. Its cost includes pay for the doctor, supporting medical staff, their health benefits packages and malpractice insurance. As clinic director, I saw how money affiliate clinics receive from several sources is combined into one pot, not set aside for specific services.

Planned Parenthood’s claim that abortions make up just 3 percent of its services is also a gimmick. That number is actually closer to 12 percent, but strategically skewed by unbundling family planning services so that each patient shows anywhere from five to 20 “visits” per appointment (i.e., 12 packs of birth control equals 12 visits) and doing the opposite with abortion visits, bundling them together so that each appointment equals one visit. The resulting difference between family planning and abortion “visits” is striking.

Exposing the Planned Parenthood business model - The Hill's Congress Blog

If Planned Parenthood wants tax dollars they can get out of the abortion business. Until they do they are breaking the law, and we should not give them any tax money. Anyone who has an IQ above the freezing point of water (in Celsius) should have no problem understanding that.

YouTube - Sen. Jon Kyl Falsely Claims 90% of Planned Parenthood's Activity Is Abortion

In reality, Abortion services are about 3% of what Planned Parenthood does according to 2009 figures.

As you can see in the chart atop this post, abortion services account for about 3 percent of Planned Parenthood’s activities. That’s less than cancer screening and prevention (16 percent), STD testing for both men and women (35 percent), and contraception (also 35 percent). About 80 percent of Planned Parenthood’s users are over age 20, and 75 percent have incomes below 150 percent of the poverty line. Planned Parenthood itself estimates it prevents more than 620,000 unintended pregnancies each year, and 220,000 abortions. It’s also worth noting that federal law already forbids Planned Parenthood from using the funds it receives from the government for abortions.

Amazing.

You attempt to refute a lie by posting another lie. Did you learn that in your "free" public school education?

Though 98 percent of Planned Parenthood’s services to pregnant women are abortion, Planned Parenthood and its political allies have sworn up and down that taxpayer dollars do not to pay for abortion. But of course they do. Planned Parenthood gets one-third of its entire budget from taxpayer funding and performed more than 650,000 abortions between 2008 and 2009. An abortion is expensive. Its cost includes pay for the doctor, supporting medical staff, their health benefits packages and malpractice insurance. As clinic director, I saw how money affiliate clinics receive from several sources is combined into one pot, not set aside for specific services.

Planned Parenthood’s claim that abortions make up just 3 percent of its services is also a gimmick. That number is actually closer to 12 percent, but strategically skewed by unbundling family planning services so that each patient shows anywhere from five to 20 “visits” per appointment (i.e., 12 packs of birth control equals 12 visits) and doing the opposite with abortion visits, bundling them together so that each appointment equals one visit. The resulting difference between family planning and abortion “visits” is striking.

If Planned Parenthood wants tax dollars they can get out of the abortion business. Until they do they are breaking the law, and we should not give them any tax money. Anyone who has an IQ above the freezing point of water (in Celsius) should have no problem understanding that.

Naw, it's not amazing, it's slobbert. I think it's great that a mediocre troll who isn't even very funny can achieve imaginary status on a messageboard, don't you?

Me, I like my trolls witty, with just a touch of depravity and a sprinkle of intellect. But that's just me.

Amazing.

*I* wonder if *CLODBERT* will relinquish his standing of a MDERATOR...for whatever THAT is worth here any longer. So FAR the Lib MODS continue to be DOLTS.

As a resident of Arizona, I'm not shocked to hear Kyl telling lies. He is a Republican.

Yes, I just saw the head of Planned Parenthood give those figures you cite. Approximately 3% goes to abortion and that is privately funded.
Kyl is a liar.

Let me explain to you how our tax money supports abortions.

I am going to go against the laws of common sense here and assume the 3% figure is correct, and then point out that that figure is actually meaningless to the discussion. The other stuff that PP claims to do, STD screenings and health checks, take up a small part of their budget. Abortions entail actual doctors getting paid to be for an operation, medication, a nurse to attend, multiple office visits, and disposal of bio hazardous waste. All this quickly adds up, eating up a significant portion of the budget.

Another thread says that PP gets about 1/3 of its funding from tax the federal government. Let us assume that they have $770 in funds, and get an additional $330 from the government. An abortion runs between $350 and $550. (How Much Does an Abortion Cost - Average Cost of an Abortion and How Much Money Does an Abortion Cost) That would mean that a clinic could do 1 or 2 abortions with that $770, and have a bit left over to cover their other services. With the $330 from our taxes they can do 2 or 3 abortions and have the same amount left over. That is indirect support of abortions, and I object to that because it actually breaks current law.

Planned Parenthood preformed 332,278 abortions in 2009. That means someone spent between $116 million and 183 million on abortions. As their entire budget for that year was $1.1 billion. In case your math is rusty that means that PP spent at least 17% of its budget on abortions in 2009.

Life Decisions International - Basic Facts About Planned Parenthood

Yes, I just saw the head of Planned Parenthood give those figures you cite. Approximately 3% goes to abortion and that is privately funded.
Kyl is a liar.

I am going to go against the laws of common sense here and assume the 3% figure is correct, and then point out that that figure is actually meaningless to the discussion. The other stuff that PP claims to do, STD screenings and health checks, take up a small part of their budget. Abortions entail actual doctors getting paid to be for an operation, medication, a nurse to attend, multiple office visits, and disposal of bio hazardous waste. All this quickly adds up, eating up a significant portion of the budget.

Another thread says that PP gets about 1/3 of its funding from tax the federal government. Let us assume that they have $770 in funds, and get an additional $330 from the government. An abortion runs between $350 and $550. (How Much Does an Abortion Cost - Average Cost of an Abortion and How Much Money Does an Abortion Cost) That would mean that a clinic could do 1 or 2 abortions with that $770, and have a bit left over to cover their other services. With the $330 from our taxes they can do 2 or 3 abortions and have the same amount left over. That is indirect support of abortions, and I object to that because it actually breaks current law.

Planned Parenthood preformed 332,278 abortions in 2009. That means someone spent between $116 million and 183 million on abortions. As their entire budget for that year was $1.1 billion. In case your math is rusty that means that PP spent at least 17% of its budget on abortions in 2009.

Awesome Post.

No the ones that showed PP involved in underage sex trafficking. remember those? for that reason alone they should be de funded.

What? Nothing of the sort happened.

Is It An Underage Sex Slave Ring, Or A Hoax? Either Way, Planned Parenthood Calls The FBI | TPMMuckraker

In the course of five days this month, eight Planned Parenthood clinics in five states and D.C. reported getting the same visit: A man said he needed treatment for a sexually transmitted disease and then, once alone with a staff member, implied that he ran an interstate sex trafficking ring that involves minors and illegal immigrants.

The Planned Parenthood Federation of America thinks that the visits, which happened between Jan. 11 and 15, are part of a James O'Keefe-style "sting." But the group called in the FBI anyway.
"These multi-state visits from men claiming to be engaged in sex trafficking of minors may be a hoax," Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood, wrote in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder last week. "However, if the representations made by this man are true," she wrote, they indicate violations of several sex trafficking, prostitution and child sex laws.
And of course, it turns out it was something like a James O'Keefe-style "sting". Of course, the video that was released by Lila Rose's Live Action was heavily edited and it involved one staffer.

Does that mean you want the entire U.S military defunded when one member commits a crime? :eusa_think:

If "nothing happened" why did PP end up firing people for doing exactly what the videos said they did?

In a related story.....

THE PIMPIN" NEWS!!! BITCHES!!! said:
A national survey of Pimps revealed that less than 3% of their activities involve actual pandering. The rest of their time is spend beating recalcitrant whores, pushing "free samples" of smack to young "ladies", shopping for fur coats, driving Coupe Deville's, and living the "big pimpin" lifestyle.
willie-dynamite.jpg
HuggyBearObama.JPG

Last edited:

we wouldn't be in Iraq

If Democrats didn't lie we would not be in Libya.

Amazing.

Naw, it's not amazing, it's slobbert. I think it's great that a mediocre troll who isn't even very funny can achieve imaginary status on a messageboard, don't you?

Me, I like my trolls witty, with just a touch of depravity and a sprinkle of intellect. But that's just me.

Me too, and they should throw in a few riddles now and then.

Kyl is a liar.

I bet you think the Heritage Foundation tells the truth about the economy. We all know right wing sites are full of lies and bullshit. They can't tell the truth about anything. They don't use facts and they "make up" statistics. The surprise would be if they didn't.

Hey, check this out:

About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children. (that means they just can't take care of another child and they know it)

Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

• Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).
• Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100-199% of the federal poverty level.

And Republicans want to cut any support for these women. I suspect they see children as "punishment". What else could explain their cold heartedness?

This is worth posting again. So I am!

In a related story.....

THE PIMPIN" NEWS!!! BITCHES!!! said:
A national survey of Pimps revealed that less than 3% of their activities involve actual pandering. The rest of their time is spend beating recalcitrant whores, pushing "free samples" of smack to young "ladies", shopping for fur coats, driving Coupe Deville's, and living the "big pimpin" lifestyle.
willie-dynamite.jpg
HuggyBearObama.JPG

Forum List

Back