Sen. Cotton calls for targeted 'Decoupling' from China

How is the govt. going to defeat the wishes of the wealthy who donate to their campaign?
Libs are so negative and defeatist

they can tell us why something cant be done but have no idea how to accomplish anything positive
It is not impossible but the giants that are intertwined with Chinese production are not just going to walk away from 500 billion in profits over your concerns of what China is.
They don’t like us explaining what will actually happen if we start fucking around with China too much.

They don’t like the deal the corporations made with China. Can’t say I disagree. But so what to do? Start a trade war with them? I say just strategically win back manufacturing. They dont have to come back as union jobs but set up shop in Appalachia to replace the lost coal mining jobs. Amazon too. New York said you had to pay taxes to set up shop there I bet appalachia will not make you pay taxes.

Some production did move, to Vietnam another communist country.
Vietnam, india, thailand, taiwan, indonesia, the philippines to name a few

the choices are far from china or nothing as libs seem to think

all of those nations feel the threat from china and are not our enemy the way china is
Vietnam, India, Switzerland manipulates it's currency the same thing they bitched about with China.

I mean, I would laugh at this topic for praising Tom Cotton of all people as someone who has a shot at the Presidency.

But I was laughing in 2015 at Trump, and look at how that turned out. So what the heck do I know
The secret is to give him a negative nickname like lyin Hillary or sleepy joe.

all of those nations feel the threat from china and are not our enemy the way china is
Vietnam, India, Switzerland manipulates it's currency the same thing they bitched about with China.

As does the U.S. constantly.

How is the govt. going to defeat the wishes of the wealthy who donate to their campaign?
Libs are so negative and defeatist

they can tell us why something cant be done but have no idea how to accomplish anything positive
It is not impossible but the giants that are intertwined with Chinese production are not just going to walk away from 500 billion in profits over your concerns of what China is.
They don’t like us explaining what will actually happen if we start fucking around with China too much.

They don’t like the deal the corporations made with China. Can’t say I disagree. But so what to do? Start a trade war with them? I say just strategically win back manufacturing. They dont have to come back as union jobs but set up shop in Appalachia to replace the lost coal mining jobs. Amazon too. New York said you had to pay taxes to set up shop there I bet appalachia will not make you pay taxes.
The biggest problem is mostly all corporations are international corporations and they care not for anyone but the stock holders. Unless Americans are willing to work for much less I see no end to the loss of manufacturing base. What exacerbates the underlying existence for Americans is they have been manipulated by corporations who make the rules for existence and people associate luxury with success and think that it is worth living with this manipulation to prove their position in society..

Yes, indeed, but the US being a super power thinks they should get away with it.

swizerland is not the same as china

the swiss are not building artificial islands in international waters, arming them with missiles, and threatening any foreign ships that pass nearby

the swiss are no threat to the US

china is a threat

....it means fewer chinese students in the US

Punishing students and diminishing one of the best ways of promoting American values while gaining brain power is not in America's best interests.

Of course this "decoupling" will not address the American companies that have set up shop in China.
If those companies bring any product into the US tax the crap out of them till they realize it is cheaper to make them stateside.

Pknopp thinks that economics is a tennis match and may the best man win

if china is the big winner and Americans standard of living - not to mention the freedoms that Hong Kong citizens used to have - decline or disappear, oh well

Of course this "decoupling" will not address the American companies that have set up shop in China.
If those companies bring any product into the US tax the crap out of them till they realize it is cheaper to make them stateside.

I've advocated for taxing U.S. companies moving and producing in CHina for years.

Pknopp thinks that economics is a tennis match and may the best man win

if china is the big winner and Americans standard of living - not to mention the freedoms that Hong Kong citizens used to have - decline or disappear, oh well

Telling China they can not do what we routinely do is never going to work. Never. Look at how quick China replaced our farm imports.

I can not understand how it seems that some seem to think that both countries are unable to do well.

Telling China they can not do what we routinely do is never going to work. Never. Look at how quick China replaced our farm imports.
We can replace their cheap consumer junk easier than they can replace our food

indeed we have enough tv’s in America right now to last for decades even if we never import another one from china

Can the average commie go that long without eating?

swizerland is not the same as china

the swiss are not building artificial islands in international waters, arming them with missiles, and threatening any foreign ships that pass nearby

the swiss are no threat to the US

china is a threat
we have planes, missiles, capital ships all over the world to make everyone safe for democracy, just like the Chinese.

We can replace their cheap consumer junk easir than they can replace our food

Not cheaply we can't. China did quickly replace our farm imports.

indeed we have enough tv’s in America right now to last for decades even if we never import another one from china

Can the average commie go that long without eating?

They do not have to.

Forum List

Back