Sen. Ben Nelson won’t seek reelection

It's too bad for the Democrats. Their best hope in the state is that Kerrey can somehow be coaxed into the thankless job that running for the Senate would be.

The good news, such as it is, is that it could be worse. When Bayh decided not to run, it converted an almost certain win into an almost certain loss. With Nelson deciding not to run, it converts a probable loss into an almost certain one. So this decision costs them maybe something like .25 Senate seats, whereas Bayh's cost them more like .80 Senate seats.

WHy? He killed Single Payer.

How? Single payer didn't have a chance.

It's too bad for the Democrats. Their best hope in the state is that Kerrey can somehow be coaxed into the thankless job that running for the Senate would be.

The good news, such as it is, is that it could be worse. When Bayh decided not to run, it converted an almost certain win into an almost certain loss. With Nelson deciding not to run, it converts a probable loss into an almost certain one. So this decision costs them maybe something like .25 Senate seats, whereas Bayh's cost them more like .80 Senate seats.

Bob Kerrey would be a dream candidate. I'd love to see him run and win!

He says he's been thinking about moving back to Nebraska and would not rule it out.

WHy? He killed Single Payer.

How? Single payer didn't have a chance.

I believe what Sallow meant to say was that he killed the public option, which is true, he did.

To be a "moderate" Democrat during the first few years of the Obama Administration was political suicide. You were pressured to vote for a progressive agenda by Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Obama that wasn't what your constituents sent you to Washington to accomplish.

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place? If you were a Blue Dog Democrat you most likely JUST squeaked out a victory in a swing State because of your moderate stances on issues but now you were being given the full court press to vote the party line on an agenda that you had to KNOW wouldn't be popular back home.

Nancy and Harry got moderate Democrats to vote their way just enough to get all of them canned in either the 2010 mid-terms or in the upcoming 2012 elections. The Democrat Party has shifted hard to the left and in doing so, sacrificed all of their moderates. Now, for a reason that escapes me, they think that they're going to be successful if they run more liberal candidates in those swing States. I think they've serously miscalculated what's going on out there in the electorate.

To be a "moderate" Democrat during the first few years of the Obama Administration was political suicide. You were pressured to vote for a progressive agenda by Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Obama that wasn't what your constituents sent you to Washington to accomplish.

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place? If you were a Blue Dog Democrat you most likely JUST squeaked out a victory in a swing State because of your moderate stances on issues but now you were being given the full court press to vote the party line on an agenda that you had to KNOW wouldn't be popular back home.

Nancy and Harry got moderate Democrats to vote their way just enough to get all of them canned in either the 2010 mid-terms or in the upcoming 2012 elections. The Democrat Party has shifted hard to the left and in doing so, sacrificed all of their moderates. Now, for a reason that escapes me, they think that they're going to be successful if they run more liberal candidates in those swing States. I think they've serously miscalculated what's going on out there in the electorate.

agree..yet they talk about Republicans being radical..it is them who is that.

About time! I'll bet Charlie Crist is kicking himself in the ass right about now. Had he let Rubio have the win without his stupid 3rd party run, he'd still be a Republican (INO) in good standing and would be a lock for the seat. I wonder if Kendrick Meeks will sign up for an ass kicking again?

Wrong Nelson...

Bill Nelson FL
220px-Bill_Nelson.jpg

But he's gone too..hopefully:cool:
Shit Sorry. My mistake
Yup the astronut has to go.

Blanche Lincoln, another blue dog, is gone. Now can we get rid of Mary Landrieu, Bill Nelson, and Lieberman.

They all voted for Obamacare and the "stimulus" bill. So what is your problem with them?

They "compromised" a time or two and voted with republicans?

Interesting that the progressives rip the republicans for not compromising, then advocate getting rid of democrats who do compromise on occasion. Odd.

They voted with Democrats on all the most important bills, and they vote with Democrats 90% of the time. I don't know why anyone thinks they're "blue dog" Democrats. Their voting records ire indistinguishable from the records of run-of-the-mill left-wing wacko Democrats.

Forum List

Back