Seinfeld insults British

Sooooo, a Hollywood comedian drops a comedic bomb in the UK about the royals, and that's political? It seems more like it belongs in the People Magazine section.

She'd better watch her back.

Remember what happened to the last commoner who married into that brood.

Isn't the British Monarchy an example of a huge game of pretend? How can the Brits justify the continuing lavish support of a gang of misfits just because they are related to people who took over the country (by force?) in some distant age?

Jerry's being a bit harsh but he's pretty much hit the nail on the head IMO. Being a royal is a great gig if you're lucky enough to win the birth lottery.

I totally disagree. Royalty can't piss without it being reported in the newspapers in the UK. Most of the Royal family work very hard for their crust. It ain't all that.

And.... I'm totally thrilled that they snubbed the Messiah.

I'm looking forward to the Wedding. We're having one of these 'street party' things. I figure it's gonna be cool.

Ohmigosh, that's brilliant!

That would be so much fun, lol...

The Royals are like a National soap opera.

Plus, they are the UK's top Tourist attraction.

So they generate a lot of money for the country.
Yet it takes people living under it to realize its flaws, but if the UK wants to give out billions of dollars to a royal line that isn't even legitimate (the British Royal family aren't even British they are German) and further the bankruptcy of their country it can be my guest. :lol:

Last edited:
The problem we have is many Americans will be watching the wedding while our "royal" politicians sit on their ass and spend another 50 billion that day.
We are a nation of village idiots.

The problem we have is many Americans will be watching the wedding while our "royal" politicians sit on their ass and spend another 50 billion that day.
We are a nation of village idiots.
Idiots keep their money, it takes nativity to give it away.

I like that. But I believe you mean naivety.
My HSA, SEP IRA and personal IRA along with depreciation helped me this year just TODAY!

She'd better watch her back.

Remember what happened to the last commoner who married into that brood.

If you're talking about Di, she wasn't a commoner. Her father was an Earl.

Maybe he's talking about Wallis what's her name?

Simpson....Wallis Simpson

He had to abdicate because he married one of the Simpsons.....big scandal

simpsons-couch.jpg

Isn't the British Monarchy an example of a huge game of pretend? How can the Brits justify the continuing lavish support of a gang of misfits just because they are related to people who took over the country (by force?) in some distant age?

Actually, having a royal family brings in a substantial amount of bucks to the UK. That argument has been done, the royalty supporters won.... because they were right.... the Windsors are a money maker.

And... it's their business, not ours.

The Royals are like a National soap opera.

Plus, they are the UK's top Tourist attraction.

So they generate a lot of money for the country.
Yet it takes people living under it to realize its flaws, but if the UK wants to give out billions of dollars to a royal line that isn't even legitimate (the British Royal family aren't even British they are German) and further the bankruptcy of their country it can be my guest. :lol:

But, they don't take money out of the economy, they add value into it.

Actually, having a royal family brings in a substantial amount of bucks to the UK. That argument has been done, the royalty supporters won.... because they were right.... the Windsors are a money maker.

And... it's their business, not ours.

California Girl is right

We made sure it wasn't our business in 1776

Forum List

Back