Secularism's Refusal To Recognize Evil

So basically it's o.k. to cheat on your wife, lie, do anything for money and all that?

What's the point of religion if you support Donald Trump and trample upon all moral codes and anything related?

So basically it's o.k. to cheat on your wife, lie, do anything for money and all that?

What's the point of religion if you support Donald Trump and trample upon all moral codes and anything related?

"So basically it's o.k. to cheat on your wife, lie, do anything for money and all that?"

This thread is only peripherally about the Clintons.....but, there is the word 'evil' in the title.....

Republicans are idiots of Biblical proportions.

They fight for the elite, Jews, and Capitalists who all support legal immigrants, outsourced jobs, and Islamic refugees, the very things they claim hate.

The post 1998 GOP is not the same party. It is a 100% pure Zionist Treason party. There is nothing "conservative" about it, nor was there anything "conservative" about the six years when W was in the WH with a GOP controlled House and Senate.

They did not behave like Newt Gingrich's Congress of the 1990s. They spent and spent and spent and socialized senior drugs and dropped a trillion on public education bureaucrats....

"When are you going to confront American evil?"

I post about Hussein Obama and the Clintons with metronomic regularity!

Three key things are deeply rooted in Protestant Christianity: free inquiry; its tendency towards democracy despite a strong objection to it prior to 1800, and thirdly, apoliticism, a desire to be left alone.

41RFA8BSUJL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What about W Bush's war in Iraq, 100's of thousands killed over that, right?

I'm not a Protestant, I was raised Catholic.

I don't even like Protestants, I think they're a bunch of Jew lovers, and Multiculturalists.

As we're reviewing our particular pedigrees, I'd be remiss not to point this fact out:
You and I, same Genus, different species.
Clearly 'sapiens' doesn't apply to you.

You embrace Jews, and Capitalism who both sell out to Multiculturalism, but then you complain about Multiculturalism. LolLOLol

But notice, like all sentient individuals, I keep you at the distance of a ten foot pole.

They fight for the elite, Jews, and Capitalists who all support legal immigrants, outsourced jobs, and Islamic refugees, the very things they claim hate.

§ "Despite the cries that Islam is a religion of peace, Islamic terror threat is everywhere; Muslims still teach hatred of Jews and Christians and they still preach jihad and killing the enemies of Allah. How can any sane person trust that Islam is moderate and is serious about wanting peace when the Muslim world is exploding with terror?"
Nonie Darwish • December 18, 2017

Soooo.....you're Muslim?

Why didn't you just say so.

What about W Bush's war in Iraq, 100's of thousands killed over that, right?

I'm not a Protestant, I was raised Catholic.

I don't even like Protestants, I think they're a bunch of Jew lovers, and Multiculturalists.

As we're reviewing our particular pedigrees, I'd be remiss not to point this fact out:

You embrace Jews, and Capitalism who both sell out to Multiculturalism, but then you complain about Multiculturalism. LolLOLol

But notice, like all sentient individuals, I keep you at the distance of a ten foot pole.

§ "Despite the cries that Islam is a religion of peace, Islamic terror threat is everywhere; Muslims still teach hatred of Jews and Christians and they still preach jihad and killing the enemies of Allah. How can any sane person trust that Islam is moderate and is serious about wanting peace when the Muslim world is exploding with terror?"

Soooo.....you're Muslim?

LOL, sure my name praising of Jan III Sobieski saving Europe against Islamic Turks at the Battle of Vienna in 1683 must be a Muslim user.
Hahaha.

No, I'm of a Polish Catholic background, and despite receiving Holy Communion, and Holy Confirmation in the Catholic faith, I'm a bit skeptical or Agnostic of faith.

"So basically it's o.k. to cheat on your wife, lie, do anything for money and all that?"

This thread is only peripherally about the Clintons.....but, there is the word 'evil' in the title.....
Deflect all you want, I don't care about Bill Clinton and never said I support him, I was asking about Trump.

Soooo.....you're Muslim?

LOL, sure my name praising of Jan III Sobieski saving Europe against Islamic Turks at the Battle of Vienna in 1683 must be a Muslim user.
Hahaha.

No, I'm of a Polish Catholic background, and despite receiving Holy Communion, and Holy Confirmation in the Catholic faith, I'm a bit skeptical of Agnostic of faith.

That wasn't a serious post, you idiot.
I was mocking you.

1. Don't confuse 'secular' with 'urbane.'
To be 'urbane' is to be hip, refined, suave, …a cool dude.

Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

2. 'Secular' is the direct result of the Enlightenment, and the French Revolution. Religion was no more than superstition.
Instead of morality and the Bible, society was to be guided by reason and science, with the unspoken understanding that everyone simply knew how to behave, and, in fact, agreed with what was called 'the general will.'

The corollary of this new ethos is that there is no such thing as 'evil:' reason could now explain every behavior, no matter how hideous or villainous.

"…evil became medical instead of medieval. The diagnosis was more enlightened….It is the difference between saying 'The man is a paranoid schizophrenic, driven by homicidal delusions,' and 'The man is evil.'
The difference, of course, relates to responsibility and punishment. The paranoid schizophrenic is himself a victim…."
Lance Morrow, "Evil: An Investigation," p. 177

3. The result is how society deals with those who take the lives of innocents.

Genesis 9:6 prescribed the death penalty for murder when it said that if a man “shed the blood” of another man, by man must his blood be shed. The only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament.

a. To add insult to injury, well-intentioned Christians will often attempt to comfort the families of murder victims by suggesting that “God works in mysterious ways” as if He were somehow responsible for allowing the murder to occur. http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=223#null

b. "Capital punishment is to the whole society what self-defense is to the individual." "The Ethics of Life and Death," J.P. Moreland, p. 115.

c. "It is based on the assumption that normal adult beings are rational and moral beings who knew better, who could have done otherwise, but yet who chose to do evil anyway, and who therefore deserve to be punished." JPM, Op. Cit. p. 118

4. Yet a secular society supposedly based on reason and science, does everything possible to ignore reason and science when it come to recognizing evil….there is copious evidence that the death penalty saves innocent lives….

"Most commentators who oppose capital punishment assert that an execution has no deterrent effect on future crimes. Recent evidence, however, suggests that the death penalty, when carried out, has an enormous deterrent effect on the number of murders. More precisely, our recent research shows that each execution carried out is correlated with about 74 fewer murders the following year.

For any society concerned about human life, that type of evidence is something that should be taken very seriously."
Capital Punishment Works

Didn’t read it all, this is just another “Islam isn’t that bad thing”, right?

You need to work on producing posts that articulate a point.
I'd have to appeal to Queequeg to help understand what the heck you mean.

See if this helps:

Yeah, but I was just checking - a totally agree - secularism is a good thing!

Soooo.....you're Muslim?

Hahaha.

No, I'm of a Polish Catholic background, and despite receiving Holy Communion, and Holy Confirmation in the Catholic faith, I'm a bit skeptical of Agnostic of faith.

That wasn't a serious post, you idiot.
I was mocking you.

What's the fascination with Jews, anyways?

Hollywood, and the media are very Jewish, and they promote Liberalism.

Deflect all you want, I don't care about Bill Clinton and never said I support him, I was asking about Trump.

Why?

Isn't this the OP that brought you slithering here?

To be 'urbane' is to be hip, refined, suave, fin de siècle…a cool dude.

Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

2. 'Secular' is the direct result of the Enlightenment, and the French Revolution. Religion was no more than superstition.

Instead of morality and the Bible, society was to be guided by reason and science, with the unspoken understanding that everyone simply knew how to behave, and, in fact, agreed with what was called 'the general will.'

The corollary of this new ethos is that there is no such thing as 'evil:' reason could now explain every behavior, no matter how hideous or villainous.

"…evil became medical instead of medieval. The diagnosis was more enlightened….It is the difference between saying 'The man is a paranoid schizophrenic, driven by homicidal delusions,' and 'The man is evil.'

The difference, of course, relates to responsibility and punishment. The paranoid schizophrenic is himself a victim…."

Genesis 9:6 prescribed the death penalty for murder when it said that if a man “shed the blood” of another man, by man must his blood be shed. The only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament.

a. To add insult to injury, well-intentioned Christians will often attempt to comfort the families of murder victims by suggesting that “God works in mysterious ways” as if He were somehow responsible for allowing the murder to occur. http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=223#null

b. "Capital punishment is to the whole society what self-defense is to the individual." "The Ethics of Life and Death," J.P. Moreland, p. 115.

c. "It is based on the assumption that normal adult beings are rational and moral beings who knew better, who could have done otherwise, but yet who chose to do evil anyway, and who therefore deserve to be punished." JPM, Op. Cit. p. 118

4. Yet a secular society supposedly based on reason and science, does everything possible to ignore reason and science when it come to recognizing evil….there is copious evidence that the death penalty saves innocent lives….

"Most commentators who oppose capital punishment assert that an execution has no deterrent effect on future crimes. Recent evidence, however, suggests that the death penalty, when carried out, has an enormous deterrent effect on the number of murders. More precisely, our recent research shows that each execution carried out is correlated with about 74 fewer murders the following year.

For any society concerned about human life, that type of evidence is something that should be taken very seriously."
Capital Punishment Works

Certainly nothing about Trump herein.

Why?

Capital Punishment Works

Europe's way less violent today than it used to be, so that's a bit of a faulty premises.

Why?

Capital Punishment Works

The assumption was if you complain about secularism, then you are criticizing it, and would like some religious moral code.

But you're just cut and pasting nonsense as usual.

Capital Punishment Works

See if this helps:

Let's get you on record:

1. Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

2. This view is the very antithesis of the basis of America's founding.

3. It marks you as a government school grad.
Am I right?

Why?

Capital Punishment Works

The assumption was if you complain about secularism, then you are criticizing it, and would like some religious moral code.

But you're just cut and pasting nonsense as usual.

"The assumption was if you complain about secularism, then you are criticizing it, and would like some religious moral code."

You, like that blind squirrel who occasionally finds a nut....you've stumbled onto a truth.

But....you would be that squirrel's version of heaven.

What's the fascination with Jews, anyways?

Hollywood, and the media are very Jewish, and they promote Liberalism

Protestants in America are fed endless BS every Sunday about how they are "commanded by God" "to server Israel"

The Jewish last name of the "Christian preacher" saying that never inspires them to question anything....

Well, as you yourself described Islam, how can you possibly be against a secular society?!? You think stoning women of cheating husbands is a good thing?!?

Your ability to express a cogent point is......sorely limited.

What is the relationship between secular and Islam?

Capital Punishment Works

See if this helps:

Let's get you on record:

1. Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

2. This view is the very antithesis of the basis of America's founding.

3. It marks you as a government school grad.
Am I right?
Then why are you quoting the Bible? If this was a scientific work for a university, you'd have to pay off the committee because there is no link in between the paragraphs of nonsense.

(besides the plagiarism)

Forum List

Back