Secularism's Refusal To Recognize Evil

1. Don't confuse 'secular' with 'urbane.'
To be 'urbane' is to be hip, refined, suave, …a cool dude.

Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

2. 'Secular' is the direct result of the Enlightenment, and the French Revolution. Religion was no more than superstition.
Instead of morality and the Bible, society was to be guided by reason and science, with the unspoken understanding that everyone simply knew how to behave, and, in fact, agreed with what was called 'the general will.'

The corollary of this new ethos is that there is no such thing as 'evil:' reason could now explain every behavior, no matter how hideous or villainous.

"…evil became medical instead of medieval. The diagnosis was more enlightened….It is the difference between saying 'The man is a paranoid schizophrenic, driven by homicidal delusions,' and 'The man is evil.'
The difference, of course, relates to responsibility and punishment. The paranoid schizophrenic is himself a victim…."
Lance Morrow, "Evil: An Investigation," p. 177

3. The result is how society deals with those who take the lives of innocents.

Genesis 9:6 prescribed the death penalty for murder when it said that if a man “shed the blood” of another man, by man must his blood be shed. The only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament.

a. To add insult to injury, well-intentioned Christians will often attempt to comfort the families of murder victims by suggesting that “God works in mysterious ways” as if He were somehow responsible for allowing the murder to occur. http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=223#null

b. "Capital punishment is to the whole society what self-defense is to the individual." "The Ethics of Life and Death," J.P. Moreland, p. 115.

c. "It is based on the assumption that normal adult beings are rational and moral beings who knew better, who could have done otherwise, but yet who chose to do evil anyway, and who therefore deserve to be punished." JPM, Op. Cit. p. 118

4. Yet a secular society supposedly based on reason and science, does everything possible to ignore reason and science when it come to recognizing evil….there is copious evidence that the death penalty saves innocent lives….

"Most commentators who oppose capital punishment assert that an execution has no deterrent effect on future crimes. Recent evidence, however, suggests that the death penalty, when carried out, has an enormous deterrent effect on the number of murders. More precisely, our recent research shows that each execution carried out is correlated with about 74 fewer murders the following year.

For any society concerned about human life, that type of evidence is something that should be taken very seriously."
Capital Punishment Works

Didn’t read it all, this is just another “Islam isn’t that bad thing”, right?

You need to work on producing posts that articulate a point.
I'd have to appeal to Queequeg to help understand what the heck you mean.

See if this helps:

§ "Despite the cries that Islam is a religion of peace, Islamic terror threat is everywhere; Muslims still teach hatred of Jews and Christians and they still preach jihad and killing the enemies of Allah. How can any sane person trust that Islam is moderate and is serious about wanting peace when the Muslim world is exploding with terror?"
Nonie Darwish • December 18, 2017

Yeah, but I was just checking - a totally agree - secularism is a good thing!

Let's get you on record:

1. Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

2. This view is the very antithesis of the basis of America's founding.

3. It marks you as a government school grad.
Am I right?
Then why are you quoting the Bible? If this was a scientific work for a university, you'd have to pay off the committee because there is no link in between the paragraphs of nonsense.

Beginning the sentence with 'Then' implies that it follows from the link you've provided.
As you are a dunce, that is clearly not the case.

The farrago disguised as a post makes no sense...but, that appears to be your hallmark.

Drop back when you successfully complete junior high.

Once again PC gets her butt whipped by superior intellect and resorts to name calling and insults....

This view is the very antithesis of the basis of America's founding.

That is a big lie.

America was founded on separation of Church and State, for very good reasons ... see Crusades, Spanish Inquisition....

Of course that's false, but, so are all of your posts....

1. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html

2. There are four references to ‘Divine’ in D of I… 1)in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’ 2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,” 3) Supreme Judge of the world, and 4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.

This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Divine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

3. There is a clear and specific reference to Jesus Christ in the Constitution.

Well, as you yourself described Islam, how can you possibly be against a secular society?!? You think stoning women of cheating husbands is a good thing?!?

Your ability to express a cogent point is......sorely limited.

What is the relationship between secular and Islam?

I thank you for your patience then.

1. Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

A secular society would be a society without religious laws, right? Well, Islam is a religion.

The relationship between Islam and secularism is the same as, lets say Christianity and secularism. Religious practice and belief are being kept out of government.

Better?

This view is the very antithesis of the basis of America's founding.

That is a big lie.

America was founded on separation of Church and State, for very good reasons ... see Crusades, Spanish Inquisition....

Of course that's false, but, so are all of your posts....

1. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html

2. There are four references to ‘Divine’ in D of I… 1)in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’ 2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,” 3) Supreme Judge of the world, and 4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.

This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Divine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

3. There is a clear and specific reference to Jesus Christ in the Constitution
Yes, as a reference to contain that no certain denomination would be recognized by the state as superior..

Well, as you yourself described Islam, how can you possibly be against a secular society?!? You think stoning women of cheating husbands is a good thing?!?

A secular society would be a society without religious laws, right? Well, Islam is a religion.

The relationship between Islam and secularism is the same as, lets say Christianity and secularism. Religious practice and belief are being kept out of government.

Better?

"A secular society would be a society without religious laws, right? Well, Islam is a religion."

Au contraire.

Islam is neither a religion, nor the description of a secular society.

1. Dr. Glazov refers to it as a 'blood cult."

51lRBTZHYsL._SX339_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

2. Michael Savage contrasts it with religion:

"We believe in freedom of religion insofar as a religion teaches peace and love and the brotherhood of man. When someone uses the concept of religion to dominate other religions through force and coercion or to take over a nation, they you have to say, "My friend, that's not a religion." Michael Savage

3. Admiral Lyons says it is a political movement:

Admiral James “Ace” Lyons, Jr. (Ret.), the former commander in chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet,".... until you recognize that Islam is a political movement masquerading as a religion, you’re never going to come to grips with it. And as far as a strategy – let me just conclude one thing, as I just had in my latest op-ed -- the Obama Administration has a strategy.”

“It’s very simple, any thinking American should be able to grasp,” said the admiral. “It’s anti-American, anti-Western, it’s pro-Islamic, it’s pro-Iranian, and pro-Muslim Brotherhood!”
Admiral Lyons on Obama’s Strategy: ‘It’s Anti-American ... Pro-Islamic, It’s Pro-Iranian, and Pro-Muslim Brotherhood!’

4. Bill Donohue makes this observation:
Christians and Jews....the more devout, the less violent. Not so with Islam.

5. Crypto-Islamist trumpets same.....the only 'religion' that Barack Hussein Obama has stood up for, shielded from criticism, defended and advanced.

.... is associated more with Islam and not with any other 'religion:
'Pederasty, child brides, honor killings, clitorectomies, stonings, wife beatings and blowing up every innocent they can find.

It is said 'we live in interesting times.'
Some still live in the 7th century.

52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.

1. people lie about their religion - see Bin Laden, Al Baghdadi...
2. whatever they were, they were intent on separation

The rest is a lot of noise that means nothing. They never specify the ficticious "God" in the New Testament....

52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.

1. people lie about their religion - see Bin Laden, Al Baghdadi...
2. whatever they were, they were intent on separation

The rest is a lot of noise that means nothing. They never specify the ficticious "God" in the New Testament....

You know less than nothing.

It was KKKer Hugo Black who inserted said 'separation' into our jurisprudence.

"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
Egnorance: Hugo Black and the real history of "the wall of separation between church and state"]

Better?

"A secular society would be a society without religious laws, right? Well, Islam is a religion."

Au contraire.

"We believe in freedom of religion insofar as a religion teaches peace and love and the brotherhood of man. When someone uses the concept of religion to dominate other religions through force and coercion or to take over a nation, they you have to say, "My friend, that's not a religion." Michael Savage

Admiral James “Ace” Lyons, Jr. (Ret.), the former commander in chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet,".... until you recognize that Islam is a political movement masquerading as a religion, you’re never going to come to grips with it. And as far as a strategy – let me just conclude one thing, as I just had in my latest op-ed -- the Obama Administration has a strategy.”

“It’s very simple, any thinking American should be able to grasp,” said the admiral. “It’s anti-American, anti-Western, it’s pro-Islamic, it’s pro-Iranian, and pro-Muslim Brotherhood!”
Admiral Lyons on Obama’s Strategy: ‘It’s Anti-American ... Pro-Islamic, It’s Pro-Iranian, and Pro-Muslim Brotherhood!’

5. Crypto-Islamist trumpets same.....the only 'religion' that Barack Hussein Obama has stood up for, shielded from criticism, defended and advanced.

'Pederasty, child brides, honor killings, clitorectomies, stonings, wife beatings and blowing up every innocent they can find.

Allright, I never said anything about Islam being a description of a a secular society, now I start to think that it is you who lacks a point in what you are saying. A secular society would not incorporate laws or govern based on the believes in Islam.

To avoid further confusion: Do you think secularism is bad (stoning women to death on religious belief may very well be the law) or good (laws are not based on religous belief)? Simple enough question.

Evil = Zionism = those behind

US Marines in Lebanon 1982
Pan Am 103 - type Gaddafi Jewish into any search engine
USS Liberty
JFK

"We have a lot in common [with Israel]. I always say, if one defines the Judeo-Christian West, then Israel represents a kind of border. If Israel fails, Europe fails. And if Europe fails, Israel fails." — Heinz-Christian Strache, leader of the Austrian Freedom Party."
Gatestone Institute

Wrong. America’s well-being does not rely on Israel. We did quite well before Israel was formed.

I’m not against Israel and Zionism, but they need to be able to stand on their own. So long as they keep Muslims out of their country and keep enforcing strict immigration, they set an example for the world: ban Muslims if you want to survive.

If they fail and let themselves be overrun and destroyed by Muslims, it will serve as an example of what not to do.
All anyone had before ISRAEL was the atomic bomb, Israel is a buffer for the middle east. there are many things they do that I think are mistakes, just like there are many things that we & all other country's do that are poor choices, to err is human. like to see us keep our mistakes to a smaller number. never happy to see young men & women die fighting for a poor choice.

Better?

A lot of what was wrong with Islam today, is what was wrong with Europe yesterday. (Before it became more secular)

The founders? The founders you say?

This from Thomas Jefferson in an April 11, 1823, letter to John Adams:

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. ... But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding....

Founding Fathers: We Are Not a Christian Nation | HuffPost

Better?

Au contraire.

Allright, I never said anything about Islam being a description of a a secular society, now I start to think that it is you who lacks a point in what you are saying. A secular society would not incorporate laws or govern based on the believes in Islam.

To avoid further confusion: Do you think secularism is bad (stoning women to death on religious belief may very well be the law) or good (laws are not based on religous belief)? Simple enough question.

Actually, this is the 'simple question:'

Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

2. 'Secular' is the direct result of the Enlightenment, and the French Revolution. Religion was no more than superstition.
Instead of morality and the Bible, society was to be guided by reason and science, with the unspoken understanding that everyone simply knew how to behave, and, in fact, agreed with what was called 'the general will.'

The corollary of this new ethos is that there is no such thing as 'evil:' reason could now explain every behavior, no matter how hideous or villainous.

"…evil became medical instead of medieval. The diagnosis was more enlightened….It is the difference between saying 'The man is a paranoid schizophrenic, driven by homicidal delusions,' and 'The man is evil.'
The difference, of course, relates to responsibility and punishment. The paranoid schizophrenic is himself a victim…."
Lance Morrow, "Evil: An Investigation," p. 177

Why does secularism refuse to recognize, or confront, evil?

What's the fascination with Jews, anyways?

Hollywood, and the media are very Jewish, and they promote Liberalism

Protestants in America are fed endless BS every Sunday about how they are "commanded by God" "to server Israel"

The Jewish last name of the "Christian preacher" saying that never inspires them to question anything....

FEb9rcJeGMHRaZwPGxGUw7ImIJVljhKpF7T2xsADNHRdvnGp_oM8ADTqlyx6WUYDXRmdRDSjOthX47DC0laEcg8H61M76YABLSAqcJmmHIMbDtisgBb1R8acYPNHe3OoJCR1qEFM89GJgS8aKGsTtq55paNCd0Xr3cGnB3E=s0-d-e1-ft

"Is Chanukah about Freedom?
by Alexander R. Cohen

There’s an obvious reason for Americans, Jewish or not, to appreciate Chanukah. Religious freedom is one of the founding principles of our Republic, and religious freedom is what Chanukah is all about."
Is Chanukah about Freedom? | Alexander R. Cohen

What about W Bush's war in Iraq, 100's of thousands killed over that, right?

I'm not a Protestant, I was raised Catholic.

I don't even like Protestants, I think they're a bunch of Jew lovers, and Multiculturalists.

As we're reviewing our particular pedigrees, I'd be remiss not to point this fact out:
You and I, same Genus, different species.
Clearly 'sapiens' doesn't apply to you.

You embrace Jews, and Capitalism who both sell out to Multiculturalism, but then you complain about Multiculturalism. LolLOLol

But notice, like all sentient individuals, I keep you at the distance of a ten foot pole.

Republicans are idiots of Biblical proportions.

They fight for the elite, Jews, and Capitalists who all support legal immigrants, outsourced jobs, and Islamic refugees, the very things they claim hate.

§ "Despite the cries that Islam is a religion of peace, Islamic terror threat is everywhere; Muslims still teach hatred of Jews and Christians and they still preach jihad and killing the enemies of Allah. How can any sane person trust that Islam is moderate and is serious about wanting peace when the Muslim world is exploding with terror?"

Soooo.....you're Muslim?

Why didn't you just say so.
If I judged all Christians (and I don't) by what is posted on this board would judge that Christians preach hate of black, brown, red , yellow. hate all not like them self's, extending to those of different political or religious party's, not to much different than radical Muslims. every thing Jesus spoke against.

As we're reviewing our particular pedigrees, I'd be remiss not to point this fact out:
You and I, same Genus, different species.
Clearly 'sapiens' doesn't apply to you.

You embrace Jews, and Capitalism who both sell out to Multiculturalism, but then you complain about Multiculturalism. LolLOLol

But notice, like all sentient individuals, I keep you at the distance of a ten foot pole.

Republicans are idiots of Biblical proportions.

They fight for the elite, Jews, and Capitalists who all support legal immigrants, outsourced jobs, and Islamic refugees, the very things they claim hate.

Soooo.....you're Muslim?

Why didn't you just say so.
If I judged all Christians (and I don't) by what is posted on this board would judge that Christians preach hate of black, brown, red , yellow. hate all not like them self's, extending to those of different political or religious party's, not to much different than radical Muslims. every thing Jesus spoke against.

Please articulate the point you are making.

If you are claiming that Christians are not to much different than radical Muslims, I'll have to conclude that you are certifiably insane.

Forum List

Back