When did this nation start going to shit? November 6, 1986...that's when.

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
The day Reagan signed the Amnesty Bill and threw 3.5 million illegals on the backs of good quality, hard working Americans.
This was probably the single most devastating blow the Republican Party has ever sustained.
The GOP will spend the next century trying to undue what Reagan did with one quick swipe of the pen.

1913. We got the Federal Reserve, its collection wing the IRS, and an unconstitutional vote by congress to justify that tyranny via the 16th Amendment, all in the same year.

We should repeal the 16th while we still have 4 cents of that dollar we had in 1912.

Then end both of those vampires.

Last edited:
The day Reagan signed the Amnesty Bill and threw 3.5 million illegals on the backs of good quality, hard working Americans.
This was probably the single most devastating blow the Republican Party has ever sustained.
The GOP will spend the next century trying to undue what Reagan did with one quick swipe of the pen.
It started much earlier when Reagan and Patrick Moynahan eliminated the Quota System for hiring minorities and thousands of Blacks and other American born minorities were replaced by business visas from China and Japan.
Yes, I was working on Wall Street and watched the newly fired minorities peacefully protesting.

My guess is that the turn happened when some took Reagan's "...government is the problem..." as gospel.
By all means show us where government is doing a good job, outside of our military. Love to hear your examples.
By your standards, absolutely nowhere. The federal bureaucracy will always be relatively inefficient and uneven. For many, however, the positive can outweigh the negative.

My guess is that the turn happened when some took Reagan's "...government is the problem..." as gospel.
By all means show us where government is doing a good job, outside of our military. Love to hear your examples.
By your standards, absolutely nowhere. The federal bureaucracy will always be relatively inefficient and uneven. For many, however, the positive can outweigh the negative.

Holy crap relatively inefficient??? Good grief this year alone the federal government lost over $400 billion dollars to waste and fraud, that's over 10% of the entire federal budget. That's 3 times the cost of the Trump tax cuts. And you call that relatively inefficient???

I led you right into the buzz saw.

Holy crap relatively inefficient??? Good grief this year alone the federal government lost over $400 billion dollars to waste and fraud, that's over 10% of the entire federal budget. That's 3 times the cost of the Trump tax cuts. And you call that relatively inefficient???

If you'd like to believe that, great. But you somehow missed the "for many, however, the positive can outweigh the negative" part.

That's okay, I'm used to that.

That's the best thing that happened to America.

The worst thing is that they didn't go through with it, but in fact did the exact opposite.

That's the best thing that happened to America. The worst thing is that they didn't go through with it, but in fact did the exact opposite.
The danger when you go after a philosophy as pure as libertarianism - and let's face it, that's what this is - is that it becomes a zero-sum battle. All or nothing. Win or lose. Seems to me it would be far smarter to move in a desired direction incrementally, proving yourself along the way, winning long-term converts.

When it becomes a zero-sum battle like this, we get what we're seeing, wild swings back and forth that create little of substance.

If you'd like to believe that, great. But you somehow missed the "for many, however, the positive can outweigh the negative" part.

That's okay, I'm used to that.

That was the government report on waste and fraud HELLO. :cuckoo:

That's the best thing that happened to America. The worst thing is that they didn't go through with it, but in fact did the exact opposite.
The danger when you go after a philosophy as pure as libertarianism - and let's face it, that's what this is - is that it becomes a zero-sum battle. All or nothing. Win or lose. Seems to me it would be far smarter to move in a desired direction incrementally, proving yourself along the way, winning long-term converts.

When it becomes a zero-sum battle like this, we get what we're seeing, wild swings back and forth that create little of substance.

And why would it become a zero sum battle?

I guess your idea is just to stand-by as the government butt rapes us then... what a great plan!

I wonder, does this non-pure philosophy of yours apply to other things also. Maybe we should increase the amount of murders we have, I think there is a danger that we might be approaching a zero sum battle otherwise. We need a moderate amount of rapes and murders, yes!

And why would it become a zero sum game?

I guess your idea is just to stand-by as the government butt rapes us then... what a great plan!

I wonder, does this non-pure philosophy of yours apply to other things also. Maybe we should increase the amount of murders we have, I think there is a danger that we might have a zero sum game otherwise. We need a moderate amount of rapes and murders, yes!
Most things in life exist on a continuum. I really want to believe that you understand that.

If you really think you're going to "win" and move this country to pure libertarianism, great.

Phht. Military, huh. I recall a couple of years back, a very astute young lady had some thoughts on the topic. It was short. Concise. Seemed about right. And observably it rings true today as we watch what goes on around the world on the government's invisible dime which, btw, we're paying principal plus interest on at the end of the barrel of their gun.

Last edited:

And why would it become a zero sum game?

I wonder, does this non-pure philosophy of yours apply to other things also. Maybe we should increase the amount of murders we have, I think there is a danger that we might have a zero sum game otherwise. We need a moderate amount of rapes and murders, yes!
Most things in life exist on a continuum. I really want to believe that you understand that.

If you really think you're going to "win" and move this country to pure libertarianism, great.

Nice observation. But some things in life, do not exist in a continuum. Heck, the computer you are typing into right now is basically encoded into 0s and 1s, binary, discrete.

I don't know where you got that I am a libertarian, in fact, that bunch is completely incapable of winning anything. They have even less clue than the conservatives. Thinking that people respond to complicated arguments is maddening stupidity. They won't win a thing, ever, that I can tell with 100% binary accuracy.

Forum List

Back