Secular Coincidence Syndrome

The lyricist probably mixed up the temptation fable with the tale of the loaves and fishes. This was pre-Google, so they would actually have had to open up the bible and check their accuracy. And misquoting the bible is not exclusive to secular folks (of which the singers of "We are the World" were not all, by any means). :rolleyes:

Now that's an interesting defense of the secularists at the NYTimes, the AP, NPR, the BBC, etc......
....heck....how could they have know about the Bible before Google????

Seeing as how popular the Bible is, ya' think maybe ever Bible-haters might have called up an expert?

Was that before the telephone?
Hardly:

"It is my heart-warm and world-embracing Christmas hope and aspiration that all of us, the high, the low, the rich, the poor, the admired, the despised, the loved, the hated, the civilized, the savage (every man and brother of us all throughout the whole earth), may eventually be gathered together in a heaven of everlasting rest and peace and bliss, except the inventor of the telephone."
This Mark Twain quote was published in "Christmas Greetings," Boston Daily Globe, December 25, 1890

My explanation seems more reasonable.

It may be a popular book in terms of sales, but even many people who believe in it have little knowledge of what's inside it.

The lyricist probably mixed up the temptation fable with the tale of the loaves and fishes. This was pre-Google, so they would actually have had to open up the bible and check their accuracy. And misquoting the bible is not exclusive to secular folks (of which the singers of "We are the World" were not all, by any means). :rolleyes:

Now that's an interesting defense of the secularists at the NYTimes, the AP, NPR, the BBC, etc......

Seeing as how popular the Bible is, ya' think maybe ever Bible-haters might have called up an expert?

Hardly:

"It is my heart-warm and world-embracing Christmas hope and aspiration that all of us, the high, the low, the rich, the poor, the admired, the despised, the loved, the hated, the civilized, the savage (every man and brother of us all throughout the whole earth), may eventually be gathered together in a heaven of everlasting rest and peace and bliss, except the inventor of the telephone."
This Mark Twain quote was published in "Christmas Greetings," Boston Daily Globe, December 25, 1890

It may be a popular book in terms of sales, but even many people who believe in it have little knowledge of what's inside it.

(snif!) I cry when I read you autobiographical confessions.

Hardly:

LOL. How else would I know that they don't know their stuff?

No response to one of the lyricists being non-secular, eh? Of course, not. I never expected any. I know your modus operandi by now :rolleyes:

Hardly:

No response to one of the lyricists being non-secular, eh? Of course, not. I never expected any. I know your modus operandi by now :rolleyes:

So.....you're claiming you know who put the false line in the original?

You're probably as correct about this as you were about there being no Google as the explanation.

But don't give up!
You've heard the theory about blind squirrels and acorns.....

Hardly:

So.....you're claiming you know who put the false line in the original?

You're probably as correct about this as you were about there being no Google as the explanation.

But don't give up!
You've heard the theory about blind squirrels and acorns.....

Well, I've shown that Lionel Ritchie was not a secularist, and since he never seems to have objected, that would seem to prove my point. Your whole premise is a poorly thought out straw man argument. Or rather, this premise that you've no doubt borrowed from one of the hack authors that you blindly trust to think on your behalf. Myth debunked. End of story.

Forum List

Back