Secrecy Continues; Mrs Kerry still refuses release...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/robertnovak/rn20040422.shtml

This becomes politically critical, because no previous presidential candidate relied so much on his spouse's wealth. Without backing from Heinz ketchup money, it is fair to say John Kerry would not be his party's presidential standard-bearer and probably would not even be a U.S. senator today. Thus, refusal to release his wife's tax returns inevitably raises suspicions, however ill-founded, that the Kerrys have something to hide.

Every other first lady has released their records. Most of them didnt support their husbands financially during their campaigns either. So why does she refuse. Its not a law that she has to, but it leaves people to beleive that shes hiding something. It would be nice to know whose going to be living in the white house.

Maybe the libs should have laid off of their "Bush was awol" month of lies.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Where does it end?

I guess it doesn't. The is the electoral proccess. Or the campaign proccess. Part of stating your case is discrediting the others' case.

Contrarily, I would like to think that if I were running for elected office my campaign would resemble neither of the Rep or Dem ones.

It's enough to make you :puke3: and want to :bat: and certainly :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
All of this tax record, governing record and military record releasing stuff is pure bs, its a distraction from the issues. Where does it end?

I could care less about a person's military record. But some people car about that kind of thing and vote based on it.

I do care about what kind of people are going to be living in the White House. We've had proactive First Ladies in the PAst (Hillary) and i for one would like to know that Mrs. Heinz is not funding terrorist slush funds with her Charitable donations. Not saying that she is, but whats the big deal about releasing your tax returns when the precedent has been set by all previous first Ladies unless you have something to hide.

Forum List

Back