Seattle

"My" town. Lived there eight years and loved it, didn't want to leave.

Sadly I was eight when I moved away so I can only tell you that my cul-de-sac was cool and had a swell neighborhood to ride bikes. That and the Space Needle and the Kingdome (which blew up) are all I got. Oh yeah, and the Sonics left.

Yeah, I got nothing. :redface:

Go Seahawks!!

I'm gonna be visiting next week.

Any advice?

The Dahlia Lounge for dinner...the coconut cream pie is wonderful! Tom Douglas has several places there but i like this one the best.
2001 4th ave.

AND...AND...AND A MUST

The 5 Spot! Its more causal but great food. I love it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Aim for the towers, its up at the top of the hill.
1502 Queen Anne ave Nth

There is also Ivars on the pier. (54?).. a bit more touristy but good none the less.

It may be to early for copper river salmon..but if you can get it...do it! If you are going to ship fresh fish home, i like City fish the best. Its not the "flying fish" place but a little way down the market.

If you want to something touristy, the underground tour is fun.

Last edited:
Thanks All,

Actually, I'm interviewing for a job in Bellingham, so about an hour North of Seattle...and an hour South of Vancuver.

Any advice?

Buy the city pass. you get to see the museum of flight, the space needle, the aquarium and all our great things for one low price. Don't forget to go to Pike Place Market and see the flying fish. The original Starbucks is just across the street from Pike place market and is a great tourist attraction. If nothing else, see the museum of flight...it's worth it.

Any advice?

Buy the city pass. you get to see the museum of flight, the space needle, the aquarium and all our great things for one low price. Don't forget to go to Pike Place Market and see the flying fish. The original Starbucks is just across the street from Pike place market and is a great tourist attraction. If nothing else, see the museum of flight...it's worth it.

LOL... hell with star bucks they are everywhere. Go to piroshky piroshky.

Any advice?

The Dahlia Lounge for dinner...the coconut cream pie is wonderful! Tom Douglas has several places there but i like this one the best.
2001 4th ave.

AND...AND...AND A MUST

The 5 Spot! Its more causal but great food. I love it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Aim for the towers, its up at the top of the hill.
1502 Queen Anne ave Nth

There is also Ivars on the pier. (54?).. a bit more touristy but good none the less.

It may be to early for copper river salmon..but if you can get it...do it! If you are going to ship fresh fish home, i like City fish the best. Its not the "flying fish" place but a little way down the market.

If you want to something touristy, the underground tour is fun.

And with all the micro-breweries in the PNW, don't you dare drink a Rainier beer.

Thanks All,

Actually, I'm interviewing for a job in Bellingham, so about an hour North of Seattle...and an hour South of Vancuver.

:wtf:

Nutcase, then why did you ask about Seattle? Are you staying in Seattle or Bellingham?

Any advice?

see Huggy.....he knows people.....

Huggy is there?

:hellno:

Yup! If you really want some advice on stuff to do send me a PM. If you are just doing a tourist thing ..that part is easy. It kinda depends on the weather but..The Pike Place Market is great rain or shine... Like seafood? Stroll down the waterfront piers and you'll get a "commercial" version.. many to choose from. Rent a car. The south face of Queen Anne Hill has several parks with an excellent view of the city. Like boats?..everything from ships, tugs, fishing boats and some pretty nice yachts use the Balllard Locks every day. AKA Hiram Chittenden Locks. Several of the boats in the Discovery channel most dangerous catch are down at Fishermans terminal..you can walk down all of the docks..it's public. Also some of the best seafood is at Fishermans terminal. Also the best seafood market..smaller than the one at Pke Place but better fish.

Space needle? I guess... hard to get personal from 700 feet up. Take a sightseeing boat from the piers and ask for the tour to Lake Washington... Highlights...The Locks..Bill Gates compound ...Floating bridges

If you are staying in town at a hotel..spring for a hotel with a Puget Sound view as high up as you can get. The Olympic Mountains are spectacular. Screw the Space Needle...Take a Kenmore Air seaplane flight around the city. You will enjoy that a hell of a lot more than the Needle.

Like planes...Boeing Museum of Flight is FABULOUS!!!! The coolest exhibition of military jets anywhere.

That's much of the general stuff.. need more specifics? PM.

see Huggy.....he knows people.....

Huggy is there?

Yup! If you really want some advice on stuff to do send me a PM. If you are just doing a tourist thing ..that part is easy. It kinda depends on the weather but..The Pike Place Market is great rain or shine... Like seafood? Stroll down the waterfront piers and you'll get a "commercial" version.. many to choose from. Rent a car. The south face of Queen Anne Hill has several parks with an excellent view of the city. Like boats?..everything from ships, tugs, fishing boats and some pretty nice yachts use the Balllard Locks every day. AKA Hiram Chittenden Locks. Several of the boats in the Discovery channel most dangerous catch are down at Fishermans terminal..you can walk down all of the docks..it's public. Also some of the best seafood is at Fishermans terminal. Also the best seafood market..smaller than the one at Pke Place but better fish.

Space needle? I guess... hard to get personal from 700 feet up. Take a sightseeing boat from the piers and ask for the tour to Lake Washington... Highlights...The Locks..Bill Gates compound ...Floating bridges

If you are staying in town at a hotel..spring for a hotel with a Puget Sound view as high up as you can get. The Olympic Mountains are spectacular. Screw the Space Needle...Take a Kenmore Air seaplane flight around the city. You will enjoy that a hell of a lot more than the Needle.

Like planes...Boeing Museum of Flight is FABULOUS!!!! The coolest exhibition of military jets anywhere.

Cool, a local? What are your favorite local placed to eat. Not the touristy stuff.

Bring an umbrella.

If you are thinking of working in Bellingham, then you better like cold, dark, wet winters because winter starts in late October and doesn't end till June. In Washington summer starts on July 4th and end with Labor Day. However, this is one of the most beautiful places in the country.

Huggy is there?

Cool, a local? What are your favorite local placed to eat. Not the touristy stuff.

Depends on the food. Best Burgers? Red Robbin...Burgermaster... Bets fries on the planet? Dicks..hands down. Best steak...Ruth's Cris.. Best Itallian...Rosellinis 410 Best pizza ..well our own Romio"s if I do say so myself.. 20th West and West Dravus.. best seafood... My fav is Anthony's Home Port at Fisherman's Terminal. Except prawns...The best on earth are at a fast food place on Green Lake or on the Water in West Seattle..Spuds Fish and Chips....Spuds alone is reason to live here. The fish is great..but the prawns are THE BEST!

I could go on for days...Again specifics?...PM

Oh ya...screw B-Ham. Take an Annacortes ferry to Orcas Island where I grew up as a kid. Truly MAGICAL!!! On a sunny day you will see greens that are the envy of Ireland. The green moss is so brilliant it can blind you. Like the green on humming birds?... or mallard ducks? that's Orcas Island EVERYWHERE.

Oh, and watch out for those northwest liberals. They stop for pedestrians, love anything on 4 legs, and vote for almost all taxes.

Forum List

Back