Seattle vs Chicago Just An Exhibition...Please..No Wagering...

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Da Bears come to the Clink Friday the 22nd for a reality check with nothing to lose but any hope in the 2014 season to advance in the playoffs...that is IF they can get past the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is supposed to be healthy again so it is likely that a wildcard is the best the Bears can hope for.

The Pack will lose their opener in Seattle so Chicago will have that slight boost going into the season.

Traditionally the third preseason game shows the most first string action so look for a high scoring exhibition as Russell Wilson, Percy Harvin and Marshawn Lynch will have their way with Chicago's defense through 3 qtrs.

If I was Carroll I would sit Wilson and Harvin and not expose them to any unneccesary injury in this no count game.

We REALLY need to save our number one's for the home opener against the Packers. As noted by Friday's TV commentators Seattle first team is at mid season form right now. There is nothing gained and much to lose by risking some yahoo that won't even make the Bears team trying to make a name for himself by doing something stupid and illegal like hitting one of our stars in the head or the knees.

Last edited:
that would be wise but he wont do that.just wondering Hug,is carrol trying to make an example out of Lynch for missing mini camp,the fact he was the ONLY starter who did not play in the charger game the other day? if carrol was holding him out cause of that,he needs to get over that and put him in with the rest of the starters fro this upcoming game.

btw Hug,im thinking that with all the key injurys the niners have had in the off season and recently,it will be the cardinals in the wild card this year with the niners missing out dont you? lol

while they did upgrade their receiving corps this year which will help them in the regular season,they took a HUGE hit on the defensive side with key losses on the defense.they lost CB'S Tarrel Brown and Carlos Rogers due to free agency and now they have BACKUPS to replace them as full time starters.:D:lol:

their BEST linebacker Navorro Bowman had a grisly knee injury in the NFC title game against the hawks last year and they dont expect him to be back till at LEAST mid season.:lol::D:lmao::lmao::rofl:

that is a HUGE loss for them in the fact he was their biggest playmaker on a star laden defense.:lol::D:rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao:

and lets not forget Eric Dorsey is out for the rest of the season because of injury as well.:D

on top of all THAT,there is their other huge playmaker on defense aldon smith who is going to get a suspencion for at LEAST two games for his scandal.:D:lmao:

Now lets look at the seahawks injury list.so far at the moment they are in EXCELLENT shape with the only serious injury on their roster,is that wide receiver they drafted in the fourth round who wasnt going to get any worthy playing time in the first place.:lol:

its going to be a very long season for the niners.:D:lmao::lmao:

expect harbaugh to get the ax after this season.:D:lmao::lmao::D:lol:

Last edited:
You know Huggy,I am thinking the reason pat fans havent come on your threads yet to brag about how they beat the eagles the other night is because scoring that many points against the eagles is hardly impressive.their defense is HARDLY scary where the chargers defense is no pushover,more physical,a better quarterback as well and the seahawks scored about the same amount of points against them as the pats did against the eagles.:D

the pats offense isnt anywhere near as dangerous as the seahawks offense is and neither is their defense which is no surprise there.the defense we already knew was far better than the pats defense that some poster here bragged about when he made a thread,its so good,thats why it scored 35 points against them in losing 35 to 42.:D:rofl:

everybody ALREADY knew the hawks had a much better defense,what they probably still dont know unless that watched the charger game,is the Hawks offfense is much more dangerous now this year than last year as that game proved.Because of those facts Huggy,I think you were a year off when you said the Hawks have an excellent chance of going undefeated.with all the key injurys the niners had and free agent losses,where the hawks have didnt have any,i dont see the niners having a prayer of beating the hawks in san fran this year and they get swept.

but anything can happen though.we never figured the hawks would lay an egg against arizona at homelast year year after blowing them out the year before or struggling to beat tampa bay at home either so the advantage is in the hawks favor so you would think they would sweep them but you just never know.

but with how their offense is going to be even far better this year than last year,I dont think its unrealitic at all to say they have an excellent chance of doing just that.If Harvin stays healthy the rest of the year,look out,this team will be dangerous.they got capable replacements for tate in the kicking game which was the one concern i had for them.

Last edited:
one more thing hug,tell me if you agree that our friend bill lacks logic and common sense on this.if you were in the position he is in and wants the rams back in LA where he lives,lets say 20 years ago your seahawks moved to saint louis and while the chances of them coming back to seattle next year were pretty good,while at the same time they would be MUCH greater of coming back next year if they had a losing season this year than they would be if they had a winning season and made it to the playoffs lets say because THEN the city would try MUCH harder to keep them where if they had another losing season,they wouldnt put up much of a fuss so your chances would be FAR GREATER to get them back next year,assuming you still followed them and still rooted them on to win in saint louis these past 20 years,wouldnt you this ONE TIME want to see them do badly and have a losing season under the circumstances since if they have a winning season,they just might not come back to seattle next year?:cuckoo:

dont you think thats being illogical and lacking common sense to cheer them on this year under the circumstances?:cuckoo:

Last edited:
one more thing hug,tell me if you agree that our friend bill lacks logic and common sense on this.if you were in the position he is in and wants the rams back in LA where he lives,lets say 20 years ago your seahawks moved to saint louis and while the chances of them coming back to seattle next year were pretty good,while at the same time they would be MUCH greater of coming back next year if they had a losing season this year than they would be if they had a winning season and made it to the playoffs lets say because THEN the city would try MUCH harder to keep them where if they had another losing season,they wouldnt put up much of a fuss so your chances would be FAR GREATER to get them back next year,assuming you still followed them and still rooted them on to win in saint louis these past 20 years,wouldnt you this ONE TIME want to see them do badly and have a losing season under the circumstances since if they have a winning season,they just might not come back to seattle next year?:cuckoo:

dont you think thats being illogical and lacking common sense to cheer them on this year under the circumstances?:cuckoo:

I don't know how I would feel. It would depend on all of the details I guess.

One thing you haven't mentioned is very important and that is the availability of a new stadium and how that would be funded.

The NFL won't approve of a move to any city unless a stadium is gauranteed being built.

Twenty years is a very long time.

Da Bears come to the Clink Friday the 22nd for a reality check with nothing to lose but any hope in the 2014 season to advance in the playoffs...that is IF they can get past the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is supposed to be healthy again so it is likely that a wildcard is the best the Bears can hope for.

The Pack will lose their opener in Seattle so Chicago will have that slight boost going into the season.

Traditionally the third preseason game shows the most first string action so look for a high scoring exhibition as Russell Wilson, Percy Harvin and Marshawn Lynch will have their way with Chicago's defense through 3 qtrs.

If I was Carroll I would sit Wilson and Harvin and not expose them to any unneccesary injury in this no count game.

We REALLY need to save our number one's for the home opener against the Packers. As noted by Friday's TV commentators Seattle first team is at mid season form right now. There is nothing gained and much to lose by risking some yahoo that won't even make the Bears team trying to make a name for himself by doing something stupid and illegal like hitting one of our stars in the head or the knees.

When I see how well the Seahawks are doing, I cannot help but wish it had started when Shaun Alexander was playing there. Top notch guy and a class act.

When I see how well the Seahawks are doing, I cannot help but wish it had started when Shaun Alexander was playing there. Top notch guy and a class act.

That's right...he came out of the SEC didn't he. Bama?

When he was drafted by the Hawks he was lightning fast and hit a hole faster than anyone I had ever seen.

THEN..... as time went on he soon would lose yards frequently and do just about anything to avoid taking a hit. He still broke out often enough to make up for his lack of contact ability. He ran for over 200 yards in games frequently and once or twice theatened 300 yards.

I never met him but have heard he is a decent person. He is a member of the huge mega church in Federal Way just South of Seattle.

BUT as a devout Seahawks fan... as good as Alexander was I wouldn't trade him for Marshawn Lynch. We wouldn't have won the SB with Alexander. Lynch just flat fights for every yard and has scored many TDs busting it straight up the gut and I have seen Alexander get shut down just as many times trying to get a single tough yard.

No put down on Alexander.. when he got in the open he was impossible to run down from behind.

When he was drafted by the Hawks he was lightning fast and hit a hole faster than anyone I had ever seen.

THEN..... as time went on he soon would lose yards frequently and do just about anything to avoid taking a hit. He still broke out often enough to make up for his lack of contact ability. He ran for over 200 yards in games frequently and once or twice theatened 300 yards.

I never met him but have heard he is a decent person. He is a member of the huge mega church in Federal Way just South of Seattle.

BUT as a devout Seahawks fan... as good as Alexander was I wouldn't trade him for Marshawn Lynch. We wouldn't have won the SB with Alexander. Lynch just flat fights for every yard and has scored many TDs busting it straight up the gut and I have seen Alexander get shut down just as many times trying to get a single tough yard.

No put down on Alexander.. when he got in the open he was impossible to run down from behind.

Alexander was not one to break thru the line. They called him "Ghost" because he would just appear in the secondary. And that was where he shined.

Yeah, he is part of a mega church. He and his wife were both virgins when they married. Which is why I laugh when people claim Tebow was not wanted because of his faith.

But yes, Alexander is a Bama alum.

Alexander was not one to break thru the line. They called him "Ghost" because he would just appear in the secondary. And that was where he shined.

Yeah, he is part of a mega church. He and his wife were both virgins when they married. Which is why I laugh when people claim Tebow was not wanted because of his faith.

But yes, Alexander is a Bama alum.

Russell Wilson is as devout as Tebow...he just doesn't make a public spectacle out of it.

NFL players would have just as much trouble if they went off about politics as Tebow did with his kneeling down after a TD. The problem is that professional football is supposed to be entertaining...not a platform for the players to use to "sell" their views to the public.

does this mean your not going to answer ANY of my questions Hug? one more,which is whats the story with okung and unger,how come they werent in the lineup this past weekend,whats wrong with them?

It was 34-0 halfway through the 3rd qtr when the #1's left the field.

Wilson was OK... something like 15/20 2TDs no INTS and one run TD
He probably had a rating in the high 130's

I never saw much of the last of the 4th qtr... we had a crazy vandal breaking shit over at the restaurant ... had to summon the cops.. It looks like sometime late in the 4th the Bears kicked a couple of FGs.

The Hawks are clicking on all cyls .. #1's got only one penalty.

Lynch was featured in the first drive.. he scored on a short run but carried the team down the field pretty much on the first possession.

Bring on Green Bay.. The Seahawks are in mid season form.

Final score Seattle 34

Chicago 6

It was 34-0 halfway through the 3rd qtr when the #1's left the field.

Wilson was OK... something like 15/20 2TDs no INTS and one run TD
He probably had a rating in the high 130's

I never saw much of the last of the 4th qtr... we had a crazy vandal breaking shit over at the restaurant ... had to summon the cops.. It looks like sometime late in the 4th the Bears kicked a couple of FGs.

The Hawks are clicking on all cyls .. #1's got only one penalty.

Lynch was featured in the first drive.. he scored on a short run but carried the team down the field pretty much on the first possession.

Bring on Green Bay.. The Seahawks are in mid season form.

Final score Seattle 34

Chicago 6

I was wrong about Wilson's QB rating...it wasn't in the high 130's

It was 147.7 through two qtrs.

My Bad !!!

Da Bears got smoked.....and Cutler with another interception. I didn't get to see the game. So did the 6 pts come off of field goals.

Da Bears have tried to make it easy for Cutler.....so he has no more excuses. Did Santonio Holmes play? Jay might want to make sure he throws the ball his way when he plays. As Holmes wont have any trouble letting him hear it.

Da Bears got smoked.....and Cutler with another interception. I didn't get to see the game. So did the 6 pts come off of field goals.

Da Bears have tried to make it easy for Cutler.....so he has no more excuses. Did Santonio Holmes play? Jay might want to make sure he throws the ball his way when he plays. As Holmes wont have any trouble letting him hear it.

Ya ... 2 late 4th qtr FGs. As would be expected the 4th qtr was a clusterfuck. Seattle's/Chicago's 2's and 3's haven't been preparing the same way as the 1's. If the game was going to be finished by starters it was obvious it would have been a shutout.

Sorry.. I can't remember Holmes standing out. Cutler looked sharp. His throws were very accurate. Oddly his OC thought it a good idea to test Sherman on the right side. That plan actually was their most successfull play. Sherman played deep as if he was afraid of being beaten deep and the receivers ran comeback routes. Richard followed the receivers back towards the QB and dished out some hellacious hits just after the ball arrived. Chicago ran that play half a dozen times.
Cutler was much LESS successfull testing Byron Maxwell over on the left side of the field. Maxi broke up several long passes that against a lesser CB would have been scores. One of those resulted in an INT as Lane crossed over to give Maxwell help and as the ball seemed purposely underthrown similar to the strategy Cutler used on Sherman ...Maxwell got the help. Sherman was out more on an island which was probably why he gave the Bears receivers more space.

• Thanks
Reactions: MMC
Ya ... 2 late 4th qtr FGs. As would be expected the 4th qtr was a clusterfuck. Seattle's/Chicago's 2's and 3's haven't been preparing the same way as the 1's. If the game was going to be finished by starters it was obvious it would have been a shutout.

Sorry.. I can't remember Holmes standing out. Cutler looked sharp. His throws were very accurate. Oddly his OC thought it a good idea to test Sherman on the right side. That plan actually was their most successfull play. Sherman played deep as if he was afraid of being beaten deep and the receivers ran comeback routes. Richard followed the receivers back towards the QB and dished out some hellacious hits just after the ball arrived. Chicago ran that play half a dozen times.
Cutler was much LESS successfull testing Byron Maxwell over on the left side of the field. Maxi broke up several long passes that against a lesser CB would have been scores. One of those resulted in an INT as Lane crossed over to give Maxwell help and as the ball seemed purposely underthrown similar to the strategy Cutler used on Sherman ...Maxwell got the help. Sherman was out more on an island which was probably why he gave the Bears receivers more space.[/QUOTE]

Well they have Cleveland this coming Thursday.....we shall see if they can get any run game going.

Cutler was much LESS successfull testing Byron Maxwell over on the left side of the field. Maxi broke up several long passes that against a lesser CB would have been scores. One of those resulted in an INT as Lane crossed over to give Maxwell help and as the ball seemed purposely underthrown similar to the strategy Cutler used on Sherman ...Maxwell got the help. Sherman was out more on an island which was probably why he gave the Bears receivers more space.

Well they have Cleveland this coming Thursday.....we shall see if they can get any run game going.[/QUOTE]

The fourth preseason game REALLY is the most meaningless to the fans and coaches as it relates to what will happen in the regular season.

I see the QB "controversy" in Cleveland as being a big fat distraction for the Browns. EVERY team is working their butts off trying to get ready for the regular season and teams like Cleveland can't afford to waste what precious few days that are left before the games count.

Forum List

Back