Seattle repeals head tax

That is why the rich are getting poorer and the poorer are getting richer.
..........................:link:......................

Are you trying to debate the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer??

This is America…..

If you are poor it’s because you are

not that bright or you are lazy or maybe both..

Rich people are not holding poor people down….

Has a poor man ever given you a job?

You could divide all the money up evenly

between the rich and the poor and in no time

the rich would be rich again and the poor would

be poor again, it’s called nature.

No its who you were born too and depends on a lot of other things. To think that the poor are somehow ignorant is well ignorant. To think that the rich are honest and smart is also ignorant. The rich are rich due to mainly who you were born to and what your parents do or did, and if you are fortunate to work your way through college then you also might have a career you can be proud of, or perhaps a trade school.

The rich are rich because it trickles up, they are not more intelligent. Take TRump if you will, he filed bankruptcy several times, he paid himself first and left other in the dirt, his daughter is who she is because of her daddy. Got it.

You are so full of Shit....

I see the truth hurts you, wonder why.

Originally passed on May 14, the measure required companies with annual revenue of $20 million or more to contribute $275 per employee annually toward efforts to combat widespread homelessness in Seattle. Not really a surprise given how pissed Amazon and Starbucks were over this.
Seattle repeals ‘head tax’ after backlash from Amazon, Starbucks

Sure they did. They could see big employers looking around for another place to put their companies.

Guess they ain't as dumb as we all thought they were.

It appears the hardcore Left's simplistic & ignorant fantasy that corporations are little more than bottomless pits of cash does have its limits.

Well we all know corps are full of cash, even before the tax cuts, but they spend it out in stock buybacks, mergers, and bonuses to get out of paying taxes on the corp. They dole out stock options and mega millions to their CEO's.

Originally passed on May 14, the measure required companies with annual revenue of $20 million or more to contribute $275 per employee annually toward efforts to combat widespread homelessness in Seattle. At the time, the city council said the “head tax” would raise about $50 million per year toward the development of affordable housing, homeless shelters and other outreach efforts.

It appears the hardcore Left's simplistic & ignorant fantasy that corporations are little more than bottomless pits of cash does have its limits.
Well we all know corps are full of cash, even before the tax cuts, but they spend it out in stock buybacks, mergers, and bonuses to get out of paying taxes on the corp. They dole out stock options and mega millions to their CEO's.
Perfect, thanks.

..........................:link:......................

This is America…..

No its who you were born too and depends on a lot of other things. To think that the poor are somehow ignorant is well ignorant. To think that the rich are honest and smart is also ignorant. The rich are rich due to mainly who you were born to and what your parents do or did, and if you are fortunate to work your way through college then you also might have a career you can be proud of, or perhaps a trade school.

The rich are rich because it trickles up, they are not more intelligent. Take TRump if you will, he filed bankruptcy several times, he paid himself first and left other in the dirt, his daughter is who she is because of her daddy. Got it.

You are so very confused.

This is America…..

No I'm not. You seem to be in denial.

This is America…..

You're the dumb ass that thinks poor people make the economy run.....

Are you really trying to deny the poor get poorer and the rich get richer? You darn right the poor workers keep the country going, not the fat assess at the top. Most of them are thief's, liars and scammers just like their leader , Donald Trump. He is a low life jackass.

Are you really trying to deny the poor get poorer and the rich get richer? You darn right the poor workers keep the country going, not the fat assess at the top. Most of them are thief's, liars and scammers just like their leader , Donald Trump. He is a low life jackass.

Penelope,

The vast majority of poor people are poor

because of choices they have made in life…

Same goes for rich people.

You seem bitter, like you think life has pissed on you….

You and I are both where we are at in life due

to choices we have made….

It is so chicken shit to blame your failures on the mean ole rich man…

My wife and I were raised in conditions you might not be able to imagine.

We have both worked hard all of our lives and we have made it to the top

of the mountain. This is America, you are responsible for

your own success or failure.. Plain and simple.

Not PC but the bigger reason for that is that poor folks show now restraint in having children. Richer folks on the other hand wait until they can afford kids. Which means, there end up being more poor people than rich people. Then the pollsters base their polls on the numbers and say that the rich are getting richer (more money being spread across a lower number of people) and the poor are getting poorer (more people spread across a lower amount of money.)

How about we start teaching the poor that bringing children into their misery is wrong? (I'd even go so far as to say it's border line abusive personally.)
How about we stop rewarding poor people for having kids without ensuring that the money is spent on said kids, instead of the adults?
How about no criminals get welfare? (I'm thinking drug addicts who don't clean up, thieves, gang members, etc.)

Forum List

Back