Season finale of Cosmos aired.

DbTvO2S.jpg

When he showed Sagan talking about climate change, I was thinking that in 30 years, someone will show Dr. Tyson talking about climate change but it will be much worse by then.

Tyson said, "... if we have the will ...".

We don't.

Money and ignorance will win, our children and their children will lose.

What's funny is Sagan's world is no different from that of ours today. Climate Change has been remarkably unremarkable.....

Never watched it. Like most nerds, I tried but think it was a pale shadow of Sagan's. Maybe if they'd called it anything else and not tried to link it to the original I woulda liked it more, but as is I couldn't stand it.

Dr. Tyson is just as capable for narrating the show. I remember when there was a meme of Sagan w/ his "billions of billions of..." catch phrase that he was known for using :p

Like Dr. Tyson fine. Was more an objection to the overall structure of the shows coupled with trying to become the new standard or whatever. Be the same reaction if they remade "Casablanca" and tried saying this is now the new classic. :)

Is this the same Dr. Sagan who derided Reagan's Space Based missile defense system? You know, the system that has been shown to work effectively numerous times already?

$40-billion missile defense system proves unreliable*-*Los Angeles Times

you mean the one that doesnt?

Excerpts - Why Missile Defense Won't Work | Missile Wars | FRONTLINE | PBS

or the one that fails?

The United States? missile defense system will never work ? which is why we?re spending more money on it | ExtremeTech

or you know your dead wrong.....As usual.

Is this the same Dr. Sagan who derided Reagan's Space Based missile defense system? You know, the system that has been shown to work effectively numerous times already?

$40-billion missile defense system proves unreliable*-*Los Angeles Times

you mean the one that doesnt?

Excerpts - Why Missile Defense Won't Work | Missile Wars | FRONTLINE | PBS

or the one that fails?

The United States? missile defense system will never work ? which is why we?re spending more money on it | ExtremeTech

or you know your dead wrong.....As usual.

Frank57 defending that rw boondoggle/budget-busting, pipe-dream? :rofl:

Forum List

Back