CDZ Sears, Kmart join other retailers in dropping Trump-branded items

Fishlore

Silver Member
Aug 25, 2011
New Hampshire USA
The list of companies dropping products that carry the Trump name grew this weekend, with two major U.S. retailers announcing that they’re no longer selling Trump Home items online.

Reuters reported Saturday that Sears Holdings and subsidiary Kmart will discontinue online sales of 31 items from the Trump Home collection, which includes lines of living room and bedroom furniture, lamps and chandeliers.

Sears, Kmart join other retailers in dropping Trump-branded items

The list of companies dropping products that carry the Trump name grew this weekend, with two major U.S. retailers announcing that they’re no longer selling Trump Home items online.

Reuters reported Saturday that Sears Holdings and subsidiary Kmart will discontinue online sales of 31 items from the Trump Home collection, which includes lines of living room and bedroom furniture, lamps and chandeliers.

K-Mart is dropping all of their brands seeing as they can't stay in business. Desperate retailers will do anything these days to get in the news. K-Mart, owned by Sears, has nothing to lose by dropping such brands for the simple reason that they're having enough trouble making a profit anyway. Perhaps some media attention will garner them a liberal customer base.

Yep, they are closing 150 locations. They are floating down the tubes.

Of course they are, they charge higher prices than Walmart, they look crappeyer than Walmart, they have inferior merchandise than Walmart, and the only reason anyone shops at K-Mart is because it's closer than Walmart.

It always interests me when a company takes a position like this publically and ends up in the middle of a political strife. There is no way that is a good move - you cant come out ahead pissing off half the nation. Better to keep your yap shut and sell things because people want them.

Dismissing the issue is a testimony to the faith Trump supporters have in their guy, but the story is a two-edged one having to do with self-dealing and conflict of interest on the Trump and a what is shaping up as an informal boycott of the Trump clothing line by women, whose protests have been widespread.

There is a petulant desperation in denying that there is any ethical conflict on the Trump and or any significance of events on the retail end. All well and good; this forum isn't a legal moot court or a marketing seminar.

But regardless of the eventual outcome, the "counseling" of the White House Counsel on ethics etc and the reality of decision made at Nordstrom and other stores is a news item that doesn't seem to be going away. In short, very few people agree with the vociferous minority that claims all this is lies, fake news, and liberal propaganda.

Not sure this means anything. Neither Kmart nor Sears is where one goes to shop for high end clothes. It would appear they are trying to ingratiate themselves with the low end shopper who is more inclined to be anti-Trump. You don't see too many fashion conscious protesters involved in looting in the name of justice.

There is a Trump home line?

I'm gonna talk for a moment probably AT the folks who made fun of Obama's lack of experience.

Look, if this rookie with no experience is President, fine. The man has some good ideas even if he can make folks as angry as Al Gore.

I think in Trump's own self interest he should be CONSERVATIVE where a conflict of interest may appear. If his family wants to run his business fine. If they want to get positions in government they should be prepared for this conflict of interest thing to come up.

How many lines has Sears dropped not making the news? Have you seen any threads for their sell of their mainstay, craftsman?
Selling the Craftsman Brand Won’t Fix Sears
Or their selling of assets?
Sears may sell land, cut jobs to save $1 billion

and carrying Trump's cheezy Chinese line of garbage sure didn't help their bottom line, clearly

How many lines has Sears dropped? Plenty. But if you are the Commander in Chief everything that involves you makes the news.

No, only if they want an issue made out of it. And I would assume the ones blackmailing/ threatening these companies is never mentioned over all.
How many lines has Sears dropped not making the news? Have you seen any threads for their sell of their mainstay, craftsman?
Selling the Craftsman Brand Won’t Fix Sears
Or their selling of assets?
Sears may sell land, cut jobs to save $1 billion

and carrying Trump's cheezy Chinese line of garbage sure didn't help their bottom line, clearly

How many lines has Sears dropped? Plenty. But if you are the Commander in Chief everything that involves you makes the news.

This is the funny news of the week. A company that itself is slowly going out of business is trying to make a political statement by loudly announcing it is discontinuing a line of merchandise because it is sold by a family member of the President. It used to be that if it did not come from Sears, it was not in my house. Now it is just the opposite. K-Mart is the better of the two stores but they close faster than I can find them. The one I just started patronizing is now closing next month. So, Ivanka, I would just ignore the little political ploy of these losers and do your thing helping causes that you ike.

Retail is being hurt by on-line competition. The steady decline has nothing to fo with the Trumps. The stores are dropping the Trump line because it isn't selling. It's right there in the numbers.

This is the funny news of the week. A company that itself is slowly going out of business is trying to make a political statement by loudly announcing it is discontinuing a line of merchandise because it is sold by a family member of the President. It used to be that if it did not come from Sears, it was not in my house. Now it is just the opposite. K-Mart is the better of the two stores but they close faster than I can find them. The one I just started patronizing is now closing next month. So, Ivanka, I would just ignore the little political ploy of these losers and do your thing helping causes that you ike.

I agree with most of your post except the point about K-Mart being the better of the two stores, K-Mart is definitely the worst of the two and a larger percentage of their stores look scummier.

Sears and Kmart are teetering towards bankruptcy. That reveals much about their business sense

Forum List

Back