Sea-level rise claims five islands in Solomons: study

The Right has a very cavalier attitude about the environment. Witness James Watt, Reagan's Sec. of the interior, who was in favor of logging in National Parks, because the Biblical predicted End Times were upon us, anyway. The more things change, the more they stay the same...
cavalier? Seriously? excuse me while I laugh. Why don't you post up some evidence to support the doom and gloom nature of CO2. I've been waiting three years in here and still nothing. How is that cavalier? please, explain your statement.

Ok. Here it is:

Surging Seas: Sea level rise analysis by Climate Central

The sea level has increased 8 inches since 1880.

Now, while I go have lunch, you can post that these figures are fake. To save time later, I will just go ahead and tell you now that this is the reason that most of us do not even bother to give you data anymore. You will then post that all rising sea level data is fake, and I will ignore your comments from that point.

200 mm now?

Holy fuck you linked to a total junk science propaganda site.

we should start a third thread on this, just in case people do no get the idea
Oh...people got the idea that you denier cult cretins are crazy, reality-challenged, anti-science wankers, all right. You all make that very clear.

Meanwhile, in the real world, sea levels are still rising at accelerating rates.

Oh...people got the idea that you denier cult cretins are crazy, reality-challenged, anti-science wankers, all right. You all make that very clear.

Meanwhile, in the real world, sea levels are still rising at accelerating rates.
Yous said what, blunder?

May 7, 2016

At least 11 islands across the northern Solomon Islands have either totally disappeared over recent decades or are currently experiencing severe erosion, an Australian study shows
Five islands have disappeared in the Pacific's Solomon Islands due to rising sea levels and coastal erosion, according to an Australian study that could provide valuable insights for future research.

A further six reef islands have been severely eroded in the remote area of the Solomons, the study said, with one experiencing some 10 houses being swept into the sea between 2011 and 2014.

"At least 11 islands across the northern Solomon Islands have either totally disappeared over recent decades or are currently experiencing severe erosion," the study published in Environmental Research Letters said.

"Shoreline recession at two sites has destroyed villages that have existed since at least 1935, leading to community relocations."

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2016-05-sea-level-islands-solomons.html#jCp

Read more at the link....

Anyways, this is strong evidence that our oceans are in fact raising...Another piece of evidence is that a tidal gauge near New york has seen sea level raise of nearly 1 foot in the past 100 years and LA has lost a shit tone of land...So is it all a hoax? I don't think so.
Hilarious. Here we go again where the ocean rises in one location but not nearby.
The left are entirely anti science.

May 7, 2016

At least 11 islands across the northern Solomon Islands have either totally disappeared over recent decades or are currently experiencing severe erosion, an Australian study shows

Five islands have disappeared in the Pacific's Solomon Islands due to rising sea levels and coastal erosion, according to an Australian study that could provide valuable insights for future research.

A further six reef islands have been severely eroded in the remote area of the Solomons, the study said, with one experiencing some 10 houses being swept into the sea between 2011 and 2014.

"At least 11 islands across the northern Solomon Islands have either totally disappeared over recent decades or are currently experiencing severe erosion," the study published in Environmental Research Letters said.

"Shoreline recession at two sites has destroyed villages that have existed since at least 1935, leading to community relocations."

Anyways, this is strong evidence that our oceans are in fact raising...Another piece of evidence is that a tidal gauge near New york has seen sea level raise of nearly 1 foot in the past 100 years and LA has lost a shit tone of land...So is it all a hoax? I don't think so.
Hilarious. Here we go again where the ocean rises in one location but not nearby.

What is much funnier (and very pathetic) is the fact that you can't point to any place "nearby" on the Pacific Ocean where the sea levels are not rising just as fast, you lying, deceitful, anti-science troll.

Really?

From Wikipedia

Climate Central is a nonprofit news organization that analyzes and reports on climate science. Composed of scientists and science journalists, the organization conducts scientific research on climate change and energy issues, and produces multimedia content that is distributed via their website and media partners.[1][2][3][4] Climate Central has been featured in many of the nation's most respected news sources including the New York Times, The Associated Press, Reuters, NBC Nightly News, CBS News, CNN, ABC News, Nightline, Time, National Public Radio, PBS, Scientific American, National Geographic, Science, and The Washington Post.[5] [6]

Climate Central's President and CEO is Paul Hanle. Former Weather Channel climate expert Heidi Cullen is the group's Director of Communications and Chief Climatologist. The organization's research team is directed by Richard Wiles, while the editorial team features veterans of CNN, Time magazine, The Weather Channel, Environment and Energy Daily, DISCOVER Magazine, MLB.com and Washingtonpost.com.

History
At an October 2005 conference sponsored by the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and held in Aspen, Colorado, more than a hundred leading scientists, policymakers, journalists, and leaders from business, religion and civil society identified the critical need for a central authoritative source for climate change information. A broad group of climate experts later confirmed this need during a November 2006 New York meeting convened by James Gustave Speth, Dean of the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. At roughly the same time, in Palo Alto, California, The 11th Hour Project[7] began organizing with the mission to popularize reliable information aboutglobal warming solutions, using the power of Silicon Valley scientists, entrepreneurs, and inventors.

These meetings inspired the idea for Climate Central, which took shape early in 2008 with seed money from The Flora Family Foundation and development funds from 11th Hour Project. The founding board included Jane Lubchenco, Steven Pacala and Wendy Schmidt.[8]

On what do you base your claim?

May 7, 2016

What is much funnier (and very pathetic) is the fact that you can't point to any place "nearby" on the Pacific Ocean where the sea levels are not rising just as fast, you lying, deceitful, anti-science troll.

How about the tide gauge that has been in place right there since 1994 which didn't show the rapid sea level rise....the one that was ignored and left out of the study in favor of only the short term data which showed only the positive phase of the inter-annual, decadal and multi-decadal oscillations? Look to the long term gauge and no such rapid sea level rise is evident...

Link?

I can't tell you how tickled I am at the quotes of mine you've chosen for your sig. Keep em up.

Link?

I can't tell you how tickled I am at the quotes of mine you've chosen for your sig. Keep em up.
Link?

It's in the link I already provided idiot child....and I intend to....they are classic examples of idiot speak....wouldn't part with them for love or money.....until you say something even more stupid...which is inevitable.

Really?

From Wikipedia

Climate Central is a nonprofit news organization that analyzes and reports on climate science. Composed of scientists and science journalists, the organization conducts scientific research on climate change and energy issues, and produces multimedia content that is distributed via their website and media partners.[1][2][3][4] Climate Central has been featured in many of the nation's most respected news sources including the New York Times, The Associated Press, Reuters, NBC Nightly News, CBS News, CNN, ABC News, Nightline, Time, National Public Radio, PBS, Scientific American, National Geographic, Science, and The Washington Post.[5] [6]

Climate Central's President and CEO is Paul Hanle. Former Weather Channel climate expert Heidi Cullen is the group's Director of Communications and Chief Climatologist. The organization's research team is directed by Richard Wiles, while the editorial team features veterans of CNN, Time magazine, The Weather Channel, Environment and Energy Daily, DISCOVER Magazine, MLB.com and Washingtonpost.com.

History
At an October 2005 conference sponsored by the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and held in Aspen, Colorado, more than a hundred leading scientists, policymakers, journalists, and leaders from business, religion and civil society identified the critical need for a central authoritative source for climate change information. A broad group of climate experts later confirmed this need during a November 2006 New York meeting convened by James Gustave Speth, Dean of the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. At roughly the same time, in Palo Alto, California, The 11th Hour Project[7] began organizing with the mission to popularize reliable information aboutglobal warming solutions, using the power of Silicon Valley scientists, entrepreneurs, and inventors.

These meetings inspired the idea for Climate Central, which took shape early in 2008 with seed money from The Flora Family Foundation and development funds from 11th Hour Project. The founding board included Jane Lubchenco, Steven Pacala and Wendy Schmidt.[8]

On what do you base your claim?

Don't link me wiki

You know damn well the claim is no where near 200mm or you should.

May 7, 2016

Every ocean, the sea has not risen.
There, I pointed them out.

and yet you can't produce a location that actually is. wow now that is stupid.

May 7, 2016

WTF does this even mean. REally are you going with this as an actual post?

May 7, 2016

th

Do you remember what year that was? hahahaahahahahaaha, how come it is still coming out of the ocean? Pacific Ocean that is.

Link?

well I'll agree you don't debate using facts. We know this and you're right it is a great signature.

May 7, 2016

I suggest the moderators move this thread to either comedy satire or conspiracy theories. This section should be left for things involving science.

May 7, 2016

I suggest the moderators move this thread to either comedy satire or conspiracy theories. This section should be left for things involving science.
That would mean that ALL threads proclaiming the sky is falling from AGW, would have to be moved. I doubt the mods have that much time.

Forum List

Back