Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

The People, no. The Unions, yes, they are out of bounds. A landslide would prove either way, wasted effort and wasted cost. A close Election, either way, no. Maybe, what was in order, from the start, was a Nonpartisan Poll. Then take action.

Why is it that in Depressions, Government and Protected Union Workers fare so well, at the expense of the rest of us? We get the Bread Lines and Soup Kitchens, they get Second Homes, and long expensive vacations, and raises?

The unions are within their authority to get behind a recall effort.

Government jobs have been thinned out the last three years. The teachers of Wisconsin agreed to financial concessions BEFORE Walker and the GOP turned around and overreached by stripping the collective bargaining. They were asked to sacrifice and agreed to it. In other States, government workers have been asked to sacrifice and they have. Are you arguing that you average teacher or Joe government worker has a second home and is taking month long trips to Dubai. C'mon now.

But yeah, government jobs tend to have more security than the private sector but that's hardly "holding the rest of us hostage".

No offense, man, but you are being a little silly.

With all due respect, Article? The teachers union only agreed to financial concessions when the Democrats they backed with millions lost. You make it sound like the union went along willingly with this. At the same time they said they were then willing to make concessions they backed protests to shut down the Statehouse and prevent legislation from being passed and pumped millions of dollars into the recall effort as soon as it was legally possible. The fact is...the teachers union wants a return to the way things were before. They want politicians in place that they have bought off and they want anyone who won't give them what they want GONE. So the people of Wisconsin have to ask themselves one very simple question...do I want to get rid of the guy who just erased a 3 billion dollar deficit without raising taxes or laying off cops, firemen or teachers...or do I want to bring back the same people who ran UP the 3 billion dollar deficit to do it all over again? The union folks in Wisconsin have made it clear where "they" stand with this...they want their goodies back. Now it's up to the other folks in Wisconsin that will have to foot the bill for that to chime in.

I expect anyone being asked to take a pay cut to put up a fight. If the partner's at my firm asked us all to take a pay cut there would be a fight and rightfully so.

The crap didn't hit the fan and the Wisconsin GOP didn't find themselves knee deep in it until after they had won the fight and got concessions but then went ahead and stripped collective bargaining anyway after they said they wouldn't.

The People, no. The Unions, yes, they are out of bounds. A landslide would prove either way, wasted effort and wasted cost. A close Election, either way, no. Maybe, what was in order, from the start, was a Nonpartisan Poll. Then take action.

Why is it that in Depressions, Government and Protected Union Workers fare so well, at the expense of the rest of us? We get the Bread Lines and Soup Kitchens, they get Second Homes, and long expensive vacations, and raises?

The unions are within their authority to get behind a recall effort.

Government jobs have been thinned out the last three years. The teachers of Wisconsin agreed to financial concessions BEFORE Walker and the GOP turned around and overreached by stripping the collective bargaining. They were asked to sacrifice and agreed to it. In other States, government workers have been asked to sacrifice and they have. Are you arguing that you average teacher or Joe government worker has a second home and is taking month long trips to Dubai. C'mon now.

But yeah, government jobs tend to have more security than the private sector but that's hardly "holding the rest of us hostage".

No offense, man, but you are being a little silly.

With all due respect, Article? The teachers union only agreed to financial concessions when the Democrats they backed with millions lost. You make it sound like the union went along willingly with this. At the same time they said they were then willing to make concessions they backed protests to shut down the Statehouse and prevent legislation from being passed and pumped millions of dollars into the recall effort as soon as it was legally possible. The fact is...the teachers union wants a return to the way things were before. They want politicians in place that they have bought off and they want anyone who won't give them what they want GONE. So the people of Wisconsin have to ask themselves one very simple question...do I want to get rid of the guy who just erased a 3 billion dollar deficit without raising taxes or laying off cops, firemen or teachers...or do I want to bring back the same people who ran UP the 3 billion dollar deficit to do it all over again? The union folks in Wisconsin have made it clear where "they" stand with this...they want their goodies back. Now it's up to the other folks in Wisconsin that will have to foot the bill for that to chime in.

I just love that 3 billion dollar number but according to a source presented by Amelia a few pages back that projected number was highly inflated by actions proposed by walker's adminstration after they came in.

Walker’s new team revised Doyle’s report in February, estimating the shortfall at $3.6 billion for the biennium.

How did they arrive at that? Was it just a matter of reversing some of Doyle’s assumptions?

Not entirely.

Walker’s package of tax cuts for business and people with health savings accounts, added another $140 million to the projected shortfall -- that’s lost revenue to the state treasury. The cuts were approved in January shortly after he took office.

And the administration added back $1.2 billion in social service spending based on what they say is need that can’t be ignored in the Medicaid entitlement program. That was included in a memo from Budget Director Brian Hayes to the secretary of the Department of Administration, his boss.

The Walker estimate also scrapped the $800 million that Doyle’s aides had included for prospective cuts.

While in office, Doyle asked many agencies -- but not nearly all -- to freeze their budget requests at this year’s level. Those were submitted by his appointees. Under the adjustments by Walker’s appointees, those requests add up to a much larger number.

PolitiFact Wisconsin | Wisconsin state Rep. Mark Pocan says Gov. Scott Walker

No he didn't invent the whole thing but the fact that his actions in rolling back some of the actions proposed by his predicessor directly added to the projected number by the end of 2013 my guess is that it was easy to "erase" when it only actually existed on paper.

Last edited:
I just love that 3 billion dollar number but according to a source presented by Amelia a few pages back that projected number was highly inflated by actions proposed by walker's adminstration after they came in.

The opposite of what the article said.

No he didn't invent the whole thing but the fact that his actions in rolling back some of the actions proposed by his predicessor directly added to the projected number by the end of 2013 my guess is that it was easy to "erase" when it only actually existed on paper.

Well, I'm still glad I found that article so that I'll have it available to share with someone competent and honest enough to benefit from the information if I ever encounter someone like that at a later date.

Actually, it is and it should be celebrated. They collected WAY more signatures than necessary to trigger the recall election. That IS a success. This recall effort has gotten Wanker to admit he went way too fucking far. That IS a success. Significant victories in a long battle that they may not ultimately win, but they HAVE been successful along the way.

Please show me where he said he went too far.

I remember him saying he went too fast. I don't remember him saying he went too far.

Edit: Nevermind. I see you have already addressed this. I disagree with your interpretation - still think it was a matter of too fast rather than too far - but I see your link.

Last edited:
So what it boils down to is yet another example of what the left does best...Expend a ton of effort and OPM, with no results to show for it. :lol:

Worst part is that it helps fund Walker's war chest for his next election. Under election law in Wisconsin he was limited to how much he could raise while in in office, UNLESS he comes under recall. Since the Democrats have yet to field anyone with a snowball's chance of winning, Walker's going to have a windfall amount of money to spend in the next real election.

I can understand why everyone got mad enough to recall. It just all seems pointless if he's going to win again regardless.

Law of Averages means there ARE multiple names and cartoon characters somewhere in the million signatures. You know it, I know it and any intelligent person knows it.

Probably. But at a million the statistical odds are that they cleared the threshold fairly easily. There's a reason many states have laws that cancel out verification of petitions if the number of signatories hits a certain threshold.

The target was 540,000ish if I recall correctly. At a million they hit it for certain.

Chart of the Day

I am not union and never have been union. I realize unions have their negatives which we hear about all the time on these boards. Unions also have their positives most which the middle class has reaped benefits from. such as the five day work week, paid vacations and benefits come to mind. Unions also helped drive the establishment of the middle class. When America had a strong middle class, America had strong and a consistent economy, which drove this country's consumer driven economy.
Then in the 80's wages for the middle class became stagnant and have continued that way as the unions lost their power. The correlation of the decline of the unions and the middle class's share of the aggregate income decline says alot.
So, for those applauding the attacks on unions, those folks are also applauding their own demise of own earning power.

Last edited:
I can understand why everyone got mad enough to recall. It just all seems pointless if he's going to win again regardless.

He's done an amazing job in a State saddled by years of Democratic rule and fiscal irresponsibility. He certainly deserves another term over going back to the policies that were destroying them in the first place.

well maybe Scott Walker just may wind up against Senator Adolf Hitler,,,hey, the Dems have claimed that Hitler has an address,,, should be an interesting race, I can just picture Hitler speaking to his crowd of 5000 Union Members using his signature hand manuvers to the crowd.....HI HITLER !!!!

well maybe Scott Walker just may wind up against Senator Adolf Hitler,,,hey, the Dems have claimed that Hitler has an address,,, should be an interesting race, I can just picture Hitler speaking to his crowd of 5000 Union Members using his signature hand manuvers to the crowd.....HI HITLER !!!!

Scott Walker may be bad, but he is no Adolph Hitler

Nice of you to say. Of course, some of the creeps here think you're wrong.

110217-wi-138.jpg

110217-wi-112.jpg

Et cetera.

Top 15 Photos From the Wisconsin Hate Rallies You'll Never See in Legacy Media #wiunion #solidaritywi

If Hitler was alive today, he would of already been chosen to be on the Supreme Court. {Obama is a fan of Hitler and Castro as you all know}

Well, I'm still glad I found that article so that I'll have it available to share with someone competent and honest enough to benefit from the information if I ever encounter someone like that at a later date.

Actualy considering the FACT that I cited your own article and quoted it word for word how is that NOT what the article said??

Are you really this delusional?? I quoted YOUR article that you cited above if the content of your source is invalid then why bother presenting a source if you are just going to discard the portions of it that counter your spin?

Here is the info from your source AGAIN. If any of it is incorrect hen SHOW how it is incorrect instead of editting it out of my posts and pretending that it doesn't exist.

Walker’s new team revised Doyle’s report in February, estimating the shortfall at $3.6 billion for the biennium.

How did they arrive at that? Was it just a matter of reversing some of Doyle’s assumptions?

Not entirely.

Walker’s package of tax cuts for business and people with health savings accounts, added another $140 million to the projected shortfall -- that’s lost revenue to the state treasury. The cuts were approved in January shortly after he took office.

And the administration added back $1.2 billion in social service spending based on what they say is need that can’t be ignored in the Medicaid entitlement program. That was included in a memo from Budget Director Brian Hayes to the secretary of the Department of Administration, his boss.

The Walker estimate also scrapped the $800 million that Doyle’s aides had included for prospective cuts.

While in office, Doyle asked many agencies -- but not nearly all -- to freeze their budget requests at this year’s level. Those were submitted by his appointees. Under the adjustments by Walker’s appointees, those requests add up to a much larger number.

Your own source admits that walker "added" to the number of the projected deficit.
Now if you could please explain how YOUR source got it wrong that would be greatly appreciated.
However my guess is that you will turn tail and run AGAIN pretending that the above quote from your own source does not exist.

Actualy considering the FACT that I cited your own article and quoted it word for word how is that NOT what the article said??

Are you really this delusional?? I quoted YOUR article that you cited above if the content of your source is invalid then why bother presenting a source if you are just going to discard the portions of it that counter your spin?

Here is the info from your source AGAIN. If any of it is incorrect hen SHOW how it is incorrect instead of editting it out of my posts and pretending that it doesn't exist.

Not entirely.

Your own source admits that walker "added" to the number of the projected deficit.
Now if you could please explain how YOUR source got it wrong that would be greatly appreciated.
However my guess is that you will turn tail and run AGAIN pretending that the above quote from your own source does not exist.

Cancelling moves Doyle had no right to commit to and recording correct figures is not increasing the deficit.

It is recording correct figures.

Walker's fix naturally and appropriately moved ahead from there.

Not entirely.

Cancelling moves Doyle had no right to commit to and recording correct figures is not increasing the deficit.

It's called PROOF go find some if you are going to make unsubstantiated claims like that. How is your own source not correct?

The fact is that YOUR OWN source admits that walkers administration "added" to the projected number by cancelling cuts proposed by the last adminstration in their previous budget and passing tax cuts and yet you still have yet to address the content of YOUR OWN source. Why is that?

How is it wrong?? Please explain if you can?

Last edited:
This country has a disdain for education. I live near some newer younger teachers who work hard. They are yet to make $40,000. I suppose there are people out there that think they should be working for $15,000. They are the same ones who would still complain about teachers..... What is wanted of them is to have them work for free or near free. And we say we value education in this country? That is an outright lie. A nation of liars we are.

It's called PROOF go find some if you are going to make unsubstantiated claims like that. How is your own source not correct?

The fact is that YOUR OWN source admits that walkers administration "added" to the projected number by cancelling cuts proposed by the last adminstration in their previous budget and passing tax cuts and yet you still have yet to address the content of YOUR OWN source. Why is that?

How is it wrong?? Please explain if you can?

I have already explained.

You come into this thread knowing only the $137 million number. We give you some more facts about the situation. They are so foreign to you that you demand a link before you will accept them. I do the legwork and find a good analysis for you. You read the report in the exact opposite sense to which it was intended.

For you to have gone from last February until yesterday in ignorance of even the fact that the deficit Walker faced measured in the billions says something about your willingness or ability to learn about current events.

For you to have only learned about the billions yesterday and then to act as if you understand the situation better than me or even than the Journal Sentinel / Politifact analyst shows me that I cannot compete with the preconceptions which are fixed in your mind.

I've tried to help, and now I'm done. You can call this running away. I call it recognizing an exercise in futility and responding sanely.

/unsubscribe

If Hitler was alive today, he would of already been chosen to be on the Supreme Court. {Obama is a fan of Hitler and Castro as you all know}

LOL Ol' Seals of Dumber is calling our President similiar to Hitler, but whining like a kicked cur when someone compares Walker to Hitler. Far out hyperbole in both cases, but he likes his hyperbole better than the oppositions hyperbole:razz:

Nice of you to say. Of course, some of the creeps here think you're wrong.

110217-wi-138.jpg

110217-wi-112.jpg

Et cetera.

Top 15 Photos From the Wisconsin Hate Rallies You'll Never See in Legacy Media #wiunion #solidaritywi

And all the pictures of our President at the Teabagger rallies with the Hitler mustache are just good fun, but these are extremely offensive? You 'Conservatives' are a hoot.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back