Scott Walker On Evolution: 'I Am Going To Punt On That One'

I have never said that I believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Then what specifically did you mean by "Science confirms the Bible?"

Read post # 580.

I believe that God took 6,000 years to do his Creation but that does not mean Earth is 6,000 years old.
I believe science, that Earth is billions of years old.
This is the mistake that Creationists make. Just because it took God 1,000 years (one day for him)- for each one of his 6 Creations does not mean that Earth was not billions of years old before.

Really? Then how do you explain the 3.8 billion years between the first appearance of microbes on Earth and the evolution of man?

You realize you didn't come up with a scenario that contradicts what she said, no?

If it took her god 6,000 years to do his creation, it doesn't explain why it took 3.8 billion years before man appeared on the scene after the microbes first appeared. According to her mythos, man is a part of her god's creation, is he not? He's going to need a lot more time that she gives him.

You're over thinking this

To suggest that time for her god and time for humans is different (I.e., 1 god day = 1,000 human years) is ludicrous and is simply a creationist invention created from whole cloth. It is preposterous so I simply ignored it. It still doesn't answer my question. If her claim was correct, it would still take 3.8 million god days from the time the first microbes appeared to the time man first appeared, not six "god" days.

1,387,000,000,000 days (3.8 billion years)/365,000 days (1,000 years , which is allegedly one god day)=3.8 million days.

You both need not only to take a geology class, but also a math class.

You are making two massive assumptions there.

1) The one you pointed out that time for God = time for man

2) That God created man based on his ability to create man.

Why does it take several months to grow a garden? Because of the abilities of the gardener? Or because that's how long it takes to grow a garden? Why don't teachers teach an entire semester of math the first day? It takes them a semester to learn the math?

Why do you assume there is one universe? If you have an aquarium, can you move fish between them? BTW, as for your lack of knowledge about time, you should read some Hawking books, they are fascinating. Even man knows that ime is very much not linear.

Your ignorance on the subject is staggering, and we aren't even past the knowledge of man yet much less requiring a God.

He sidestepped it like most smart politicians do in hot debates. It is not an exclusively right of left thing.
You do realize that Obama never explained how he would do his hope & change thing in America when he was running.
Your approval of people lying to get elected is noted.
What was the lie?
Not answering honestly.

He said he would punt on the question.
That means he would answer it later and he did.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/02/11/walker-steps-back-from-evolution-punt/
He tweeted-
Both science & my faith dictate my belief that we are created by God. I believe faith & science are compatible, & go hand in hand.

So basically, he is a creationist who believes that the best scientific theory ever conceived (one adhered to by over 90% of the world's scientists) is wrong. Got it.

You can't read can you?
That is not what he said at all.
Your are to biased to even see what he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/02/11/walker-steps-back-from-evolution-punt/
He tweeted-
Both science & my faith dictate my belief that we are created by God. I believe faith & science are compatible, & go hand in hand.

So basically, he is a creationist who believes that the best scientific theory ever conceived (one adhered to by over 90% of the world's scientists) is wrong. Got it.
He did not say that he did not beleive in evolution. Many Christians tie evolution and creationism together. If God is the creator, then he made the scientific "laws" by which the universe operates.

Obama and Hillary both claim to be Christians. When will hillary be asked if she beleives that God created the universe?

Catholics are also Christians, and yet they teach the theory of evolution in their schools. It is where I was first exposed to it.
Then what is your problem with Walker? Why can't he have his faith and beleive in science also. You don't seem to mind that Catholics beleive that God is the creator.

It isn't a matter of his faith. He can believe in pink leprechauns for all I care. But I do care whether or not he supports science.

Yes he supports Science.

54352820.jpg

To suggest that time for her god and time for humans is different (I.e., 1 god day = 1,000 human years) is ludicrous and is simply a creationist invention created from whole cloth. It is preposterous so I simply ignored it. It still doesn't answer my question. If her claim was correct, it would still take 3.8 million god days from the time the first microbes appeared to the time man first appeared, not six "god" days.

1,387,000,000,000 days (3.8 billion years)/365,000 days (1,000 years , which is allegedly one god day)=3.8 million days.

Why does it take several months to grow a garden? Because of the abilities of the gardener? Or because that's how long it takes to grow a garden? Why don't teachers teach an entire semester of math the first day? It takes them a semester to learn the math?

Why do you assume there is one universe? If you have an aquarium, can you move fish between them? BTW, as for your lack of knowledge about time, you should read some Hawking books, they are fascinating. Even man knows that ime is very much not linear.

Your ignorance on the subject is staggering, and we aren't even past the knowledge of man yet much less requiring a God.

WTF are you blathering on about? The math is what it is. Did you even bother to look at it? Of course you didn't. Perhaps you simply don't understand how to add and subtract, multiply and divide, in which case, you have my sympathy.

He did not say that he did not beleive in evolution. Many Christians tie evolution and creationism together. If God is the creator, then he made the scientific "laws" by which the universe operates.

Obama and Hillary both claim to be Christians. When will hillary be asked if she beleives that God created the universe?

Catholics are also Christians, and yet they teach the theory of evolution in their schools. It is where I was first exposed to it.
Then what is your problem with Walker? Why can't he have his faith and beleive in science also. You don't seem to mind that Catholics beleive that God is the creator.

It isn't a matter of his faith. He can believe in pink leprechauns for all I care. But I do care whether or not he supports science.

Yes he supports Science.

I'll believe that when I see his Wisconsin state budget for the next year, and see what their science budget looks like.

WTF are you blathering on about? The math is what it is. Did you even bother to look at it? Of course you didn't. Perhaps you simply don't understand how to add and subtract, multiply and divide, in which case, you have my sympathy.
So you didn't understand what I said at all, did you?

He sidestepped it like most smart politicians do in hot debates. It is not an exclusively right of left thing.
You do realize that Obama never explained how he would do his hope & change thing in America when he was running.
Your approval of people lying to get elected is noted.
What was the lie?
Not answering honestly.

He tweeted-
But he's wrong science says the bible does not prove a god exists. And there are many key stories in the bible that are scientifically impossible.

A scientific theory is when an idea graduates. No higher honor. Evolution is a fact.
Your posts prove my theory that you're a moron.

So does that mean you have the fossils of the intermediates that prove for example one certain species of lizard has evolved into certain species of bird?
I have not seen any in the Museums or the Universities that house them in their archives.
And yes I can tell some, of certain fossils (not all of them, because I am not an expert in the field) but if I found one I could more than likely tell from what species from the ones I do know.
You don't need to be an expert to find and know ancient fossils.

That you believe that there is an intermediate fossil that demonstrates a lizard evolving into a bird only demonstrates how utterly uninformed you are wrt to not only paleontology, but the theory of evolution. Creationists have often made the assertion, for instance, that there is no fossil demonstrating a cat evolving into a dog. Indeed, there isn't because if there were, that would DISPROVE evolution. Same goes for your claim. Birds aren't descendants of lizards. They are descendants of theropod dinosaurs.

So sorry I should have said reptile instead of lizard.

So does your Museum have the theropod fossils that has evolved?
There is none found yet.
This is why they are going to explanation of the different types of eggs theory because they don't have the fossils.
How the shape of eggs can help explain the evolutionary history of birds -- ScienceDaily

And you'd still be wrong. Dinosaurs are not reptiles, though they are descended from them. Please don't try to tell me by business. First of all I don't have a museum, though I used to curate at the Louisville Museum of History and Science (now the Louisville Science Center). Transitional fossils between theropods and birds have, in fact, been found. Otherwise, no one would have made the connection between birds and theropods. Duh.

The origin of birds
You're wrong. Dinosaurs are a branch of "reptiles" BECAUSE THEY DESCENDED FROM THEM. Birds are a branch of dinosaurs. This means birds are reptiles, more specifically this means birds are dinosaurs.

Only if humans are apes!!

Greg
Who said we're not apes?

So does that mean you have the fossils of the intermediates that prove for example one certain species of lizard has evolved into certain species of bird?
I have not seen any in the Museums or the Universities that house them in their archives.
And yes I can tell some, of certain fossils (not all of them, because I am not an expert in the field) but if I found one I could more than likely tell from what species from the ones I do know.
You don't need to be an expert to find and know ancient fossils.

That you believe that there is an intermediate fossil that demonstrates a lizard evolving into a bird only demonstrates how utterly uninformed you are wrt to not only paleontology, but the theory of evolution. Creationists have often made the assertion, for instance, that there is no fossil demonstrating a cat evolving into a dog. Indeed, there isn't because if there were, that would DISPROVE evolution. Same goes for your claim. Birds aren't descendants of lizards. They are descendants of theropod dinosaurs.

So sorry I should have said reptile instead of lizard.

So does your Museum have the theropod fossils that has evolved?
There is none found yet.
This is why they are going to explanation of the different types of eggs theory because they don't have the fossils.
How the shape of eggs can help explain the evolutionary history of birds -- ScienceDaily

And you'd still be wrong. Dinosaurs are not reptiles, though they are descended from them. Please don't try to tell me by business. First of all I don't have a museum, though I used to curate at the Louisville Museum of History and Science (now the Louisville Science Center). Transitional fossils between theropods and birds have, in fact, been found. Otherwise, no one would have made the connection between birds and theropods. Duh.

The origin of birds
You're wrong. Dinosaurs are a branch of "reptiles" BECAUSE THEY DESCENDED FROM THEM. Birds are a branch of dinosaurs. This means birds are reptiles, more specifically this means birds are dinosaurs.

We are really just Primal Slime on 'Roids???

Greg
I'm not familiar with a life form called primal slime on roids. But yes we, humans, are life forms if that's what you are asking.

Forum List

Back