Scott Walker On Evolution: 'I Am Going To Punt On That One'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
LONDON -- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) on Wednesday dodged a question about whether he believes in evolution.

Speaking at the Chatham House foreign policy think tank London, Walker was asked: "Are you comfortable with the idea of evolution? Do you believe in it?"

"For me, I am going to punt on that one as well," he said. "That's a question politicians shouldn't be involved in one way or another. I am going to leave that up to you. I'm here to talk about trade not to pontificate about evolution."

More: Scott Walker Dodges Question On Whether He Believes In Evolution

Punt? Well, Scotty, if you have any serious hope of becoming president - you'll have to answer that question. It sounds like you've already signaled that you don't believe in evolution. What about global warming?

Evolution has nothing to do with trade. Liberals think hard hitting questions are the ones that ask the attorney general to quack like a duck.

The liberal wanted to derail the subject. Good for Walker not giving her the chance.

I dont think you should have to answer that, at all, to become Pres

Well, Scotty, if you have any serious hope of becoming president - you'll have to answer that question.

No he doesn't. He's absolutely correct, it's not a question that should be seeping into politics.

Evolution has nothing to do with trade. Liberals think hard hitting questions are the ones that ask the attorney general to quack like a duck.

The liberal wanted to derail the subject. Good for Walker not giving her the chance.

Science is a important issue within a advance first world society that relies on it to stay ahead of the world. A president better support science!

Even if a belief in evolution is information that a voter needs to decide where their vote should go, if the discussion is about trade the question doesn't belong.

I must admit that I don't believe in Evolution. It's a fantastic theory of course and is a very powerful way of understanding natural processes but when one asks most people about Evolution they usually talk about humans being apes. Shows a lack of understanding of both Evolution as a theory and the nature of Science in general. May as well ask "Do you believe in Newtonian Physics. Science is NOT a religion!!

Greg

I must admit that I don't believe in Evolution. It's a fantastic theory of course and is a very powerful way of understanding natural processes but when one asks most people about Evolution they usually talk about humans being apes. Shows a lack of understanding of both Evolution as a theory and the nature of Science in general. May as well ask "Do you believe in Newtonian Physics.

Greg
See now I know that I would not vote for you if you ever ran for President. So it's a great question to ask!

I must admit that I don't believe in Evolution. It's a fantastic theory of course and is a very powerful way of understanding natural processes but when one asks most people about Evolution they usually talk about humans being apes. Shows a lack of understanding of both Evolution as a theory and the nature of Science in general. May as well ask "Do you believe in Newtonian Physics. Science is NOT a religion!!

Greg

If you don't believe in evolution then what do you believe created humans and all the life on earth?

I don't blame him for not answering the question during a "trade" junket. But he is probably gonna have to answer it at some point. So better start preping on that answer.

Well he dropped out of college and slashes education funding every chance he gets. No one should be the least bit surprised that someone so anti-learning doesn't believe in evolution.

Do you really believe any of that tripe?

What is the significance of the POTUS believing in evolution or not? Now, if you want to dig into stupid presidential beliefs, what about Obama's apparent belief that he can tax the income of the wealthy enough to close the Obama deficit?

Well he dropped out of college and slashes education funding every chance he gets. No one should be the least bit surprised that someone so anti-learning doesn't believe in evolution.

Everything I posted is fact except for him being anti-learning. The facts simply point to that.

Everything I posted is fact except for him being anti-learning. The facts simply point to that.

How is taking $150 million from a university budget of over $2 billion equate to "slashes education funding every chance he gets"? This is why you're not being taken seriously on this.

How is taking $150 million from a university budget of over $2 billion equate to "slashes education funding every chance he gets"? This is why you're not being taken seriously on this.
Largest education cuts in Wisconsin state history:
Recall candidate Kathleen Falk says Governor Scott Walker enacted the biggest cuts to education in our state s history PolitiFact Wisconsin

Forum List

Back