Scott Walker On Evolution: 'I Am Going To Punt On That One'

LONDON -- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) on Wednesday dodged a question about whether he believes in evolution.

Speaking at the Chatham House foreign policy think tank London, Walker was asked: "Are you comfortable with the idea of evolution? Do you believe in it?"

"For me, I am going to punt on that one as well," he said. "That's a question politicians shouldn't be involved in one way or another. I am going to leave that up to you. I'm here to talk about trade not to pontificate about evolution."

More: Scott Walker Dodges Question On Whether He Believes In Evolution

Punt? Well, Scotty, if you have any serious hope of becoming president - you'll have to answer that question. It sounds like you've already signaled that you don't believe in evolution. What about global warming?

How many Presidential candidates won their elections "punting" on simple questions like that? :)

"Where do you stand on Iran?" I could forgive punting on, though a Prersident better have a pretty spectacular answer. Evolution is academic and meaningless. Answer doesn't ultimately matter as much as the willingness to answer it. Punting just means he has to ask his advisors what he thinks. :)

Well he dropped out of college and slashes education funding every chance he gets. No one should be the least bit surprised that someone so anti-learning doesn't believe in evolution.

Do you really believe any of that tripe?
Everything I posted is fact except for him being anti-learning. The facts simply point to that.

How is taking $150 million from a university budget of over $2 billion equate to "slashes education funding every chance he gets"? This is why you're not being taken seriously on this.

It puts a imagine of the slash, cut and burn you idiots promote. You're NOT showing leadership and not demanding results. So what exactly do you stand for and what results to you hope to achieve? Cutting to for sake of cutting doesn't help our children one little ounce.

If this guy can't prove that he will improve our educational system...Well, he doesn't belong near power.

Well, Scotty, if you have any serious hope of becoming president - you'll have to answer that question.

No he doesn't. He's absolutely correct, it's not a question that should be seeping into politics.
Why not? Don't you want to know if your President rejects science and reason?

I can tell if a person rejects reason by the way they hold a conversation. For example, I can tell that you reject reason because you have illogically equivocated disbelieving in evolution with "rejecting science and reason" at large.

Besides that, I don't vote for people to be scientists. If Walker runs for Federal Biologist I'll ask about his views on evolution at that point. Until then, it doesn't really mater.

Punt? Well, Scotty, if you have any serious hope of becoming president - you'll have to answer that question. It sounds like you've already signaled that you don't believe in evolution. What about global warming?
You can tell how good a President someone will be, by measuring:

1.) How loudly and hysterically liberals scream at him;
2.) How many lies they gin up about him;
3.) and how little evidence they present to back up what they say about him.

By the Lib-o-meter of this thread, it looks like Scott Walker is the best candidate Republicans have fielded in a long time.

Among other appointments and nominations, presidents nominate judges to various courts, including the Supreme Court - so it's very important that voters know where presidential candidates stand on all important issues that these judges may adjudicate.

Good for Walker not to bend to the will of the far left..

He should not have to answer this question and if he chooses not show his college transcripts.
Crazy shit like this is why we need a sane president.

Tennessee Lawmaker Wants Bible To Be The State Book

From the far left blog site:

"The Bible provides a good role model on how to treat people," said Mississippi state Rep. Tom Miles (D), one of the cosponsors of that state's legislation. "They could read in there about love and compassion."

Among other appointments and nominations, presidents nominate judges to various courts, including the Supreme Court - so it's very important that voters know where presidential candidates stand on all important issues that these judges may adjudicate.

Spoken like a true drive thru employee. That's like saying that a head of a university must know whether a candidate for a physics position will agree with the conclusions of a future experiment suggests black holes don't actually exist.

Spoken like a true drive thru employee. That's like saying that a head of a university must know whether a candidate for a physics position will agree with the conclusions of a future experiment suggests black holes don't actually exist.

So, you don't care about the views of judges who are appointed or nominated by the president?

Good for Walker not to bend to the will of the far left..

He should not have to answer this question and if he chooses not show his college transcripts.
Crazy shit like this is why we need a sane president.

Tennessee Lawmaker Wants Bible To Be The State Book

From the far left blog site:

"The Bible provides a good role model on how to treat people," said Mississippi state Rep. Tom Miles (D), one of the cosponsors of that state's legislation. "They could read in there about love and compassion."

Yeah, like the batshit crazy God depicted in the Old Testament. Love and compassion predate the Bible.

Cruelty and Violence in the Bible

Bible Atrocities: Atrocities in the Bible

Evil Bible Home Page

Forum List

Back