Scott Walker - Handicapping the GOP hopefuls

State unions are worse because of the smaller resources, and the larger impact the union members have on elections, but federal ones are bad as well.

No, actually, they aren't. Unions are needed at the Federal, State and Local level to keep managers from absuing employees.

No, civil service laws can do that. Public unions just screw taxpayers over.

No, civil service laws can do that. Public unions just screw taxpayers over.

Right. Because clearly, nothing makes thing better than a bureaucracy where they might hear your complaint in a month.

Considering that's what everyone else has to deal with when dealing with government, I fail to see your point.

The problem again stems from management not dealing with their own money, and thus the stability of their own "company." This is even worse in one party towns, where the taxpayers have no real option besides those who cuddle up to the public unions for votes.

Considering that's what everyone else has to deal with when dealing with government, I fail to see your point.

The problem again stems from management not dealing with their own money, and thus the stability of their own "company." This is even worse in one party towns, where the taxpayers have no real option besides those who cuddle up to the public unions for votes.

So what's your point?

Sorry, I htink someone fucking with your livelihood is a bit more urgent than someone waiting for that permit to build a driveway.

So what's your point?

Sorry, I htink someone fucking with your livelihood is a bit more urgent than someone waiting for that permit to build a driveway.

A government worker's livelihood is for the good of the taxpayers, if you don't want to deal with that get another fucking job. We have turned our civil servants into another class of kulaks.

A government worker's livelihood is for the good of the taxpayers, if you don't want to deal with that get another fucking job. We have turned our civil servants into another class of kulaks.

Oh, yeah, let's look at that.

You see, until fairly recently, a government sector job actually paid LESS than private sector jobs. Then you favorite 1%ers decided that they were going ot bust the unions, move jobs overseas, and suddenly, the Government Job became the awesome job to have because you can make money and have a good retirement.

THose bastards. We can't have that.

Oh, yeah, let's look at that.

You see, until fairly recently, a government sector job actually paid LESS than private sector jobs. Then you favorite 1%ers decided that they were going ot bust the unions, move jobs overseas, and suddenly, the Government Job became the awesome job to have because you can make money and have a good retirement.

THose bastards. We can't have that.

Not on the taxpayers dime we shouldn't. Especially in places where the taxpayers have no say because the union vote keeps voting in the people paying them off.

You seem to love yourself some graft when it benefits yourself.

Government jobs became "awesome" because they could vote their goodies in using their "bosses." Its cheating, and you know it.

Just wait until more cities turn into Detroit. But you will probably be dead by then, and thus you don't worry about it because you are a selfish prick.

Not on the taxpayers dime we shouldn't. Especially in places where the taxpayers have no say because the union vote keeps voting in the people paying them off.

Government jobs became "awesome" because they could vote their goodies in using their "bosses." Its cheating, and you know it.

Except most government jobs pay pretty modest wages, so you really dont' know what you are talking about, as usual.

Average teachers take home a salary of about $56,000.
Average cops take home a salary of $55,000
Average firefighter salary is about $43,000

These are not lavish, exhoribant salaries.

Just wait until more cities turn into Detroit. But you will probably be dead by then, and thus you don't worry about it because you are a selfish prick.

Hey, guy, I love how you use "Detroit as an example.

Detroit didn't lose business to an Ayn Randian Free Enterprise system. they lost out to German and Japanese companies where the Unions have the ability to FIRE THE CEO!!!!

Except most government jobs pay pretty modest wages, so you really dont' know what you are talking about, as usual.

Average teachers take home a salary of about $56,000.
Average cops take home a salary of $55,000
Average firefighter salary is about $43,000

These are not lavish, exhoribant salaries.

Hey, guy, I love how you use "Detroit as an example.

Detroit didn't lose business to an Ayn Randian Free Enterprise system. they lost out to German and Japanese companies where the Unions have the ability to FIRE THE CEO!!!!

Salaries do not cover the entire benefit package, which is where the real costs are. Plus those averages include little podunk towns, and the problems are in the big cities.

Detroit's government should have adjusted to the new reality, instead they kept on like the money would keep coming in, and the taxpayers left and the tax receivers stayed.

Your lack of economic understanding is typical and laughable.

Salaries do not cover the entire benefit package, which is where the real costs are. Plus those averages include little podunk towns, and the problems are in the big cities.

Detroit's government should have adjusted to the new reality, instead they kept on like the money would keep coming in, and the taxpayers left and the tax receivers stayed.

Actually, detroit should have had a mayor who wasn't stealing, and a governor who wasn't ready to sell the city off bit by bit to the rich.

But I did notice you deftly avoided the point that Detroit didn't lose to one of your Ayn Randian paradises.

Actually, detroit should have had a mayor who wasn't stealing, and a governor who wasn't ready to sell the city off bit by bit to the rich.

But I did notice you deftly avoided the point that Detroit didn't lose to one of your Ayn Randian paradises.

What point? That the american automakers got out competed? That Detroit didn't adjust to it?

You go for the typical blame the rich, blame the republicans, blame everyone but the actual culprits (i did notice you threw the mayor to the wolves, how quaint of you) because those asshats are your asshats.

What point? That the american automakers got out competed? That Detroit didn't adjust to it?

You go for the typical blame the rich, blame the republicans, blame everyone but the actual culprits (i did notice you threw the mayor to the wolves, how quaint of you) because those asshats are your asshats.

i blame the rich because we actually had it pretty good. We were making plenty of money, but that wasn't good enough for them.

As Herbert Hoover observed. The problem with Capitalism is Capitalists. They're too damned greedy.

i blame the rich because we actually had it pretty good. We were making plenty of money, but that wasn't good enough for them.

As Herbert Hoover observed. The problem with Capitalism is Capitalists. They're too damned greedy.

Someone wanting to keep what they earned isn't greedy except to those like you that think they owe you something.

If you don't have it good anymore, you are the cause. Better yourself and quit blaming someone else for your failures.

State unions are worse because of the smaller resources, and the larger impact the union members have on elections, but federal ones are bad as well.

No, actually, they aren't. Unions are needed at the Federal, State and Local level to keep managers from absuing employees.
The problem is you define abuse as an employee not getting what he/she wants.

Forum List

Back