Scott Campbell Films Police Shooting At Occupy Oakland

Hmm. Yeah, that looks kinda bad. He wasn't directly approaching the line, from what I saw. Can't see to his right, was there a line there that he was actually approaching? But, one thing is for sure- he wasn't walking away, creating distance from the police line, either.

He chose to be there. He chose to get that close to a police riot line, in a riot zone, which is what it was. Protesters had become violent with throwing bottles, rocks and setting fires, committing vandalism. Riot teams show up not to cuddle and make people feel cozy. They're there to TAKE CONTROL of the city back.

More of this, and they will take it back. Lesson is, stay away from police riot lines. If you see you are close to one, BACK AWAY, dont loiter around with a video camera and walk parrallel to it, or towards it.

Police come to take control?

Thems fighting words, I'll shoot any fucking police officer who says they have come to "take control."

I will not have the US become a police state.

LOL, Sure you will tough guy

Hmm. Yeah, that looks kinda bad. He wasn't directly approaching the line, from what I saw. Can't see to his right, was there a line there that he was actually approaching? But, one thing is for sure- he wasn't walking away, creating distance from the police line, either.

He chose to be there. He chose to get that close to a police riot line, in a riot zone, which is what it was. Protesters had become violent with throwing bottles, rocks and setting fires, committing vandalism. Riot teams show up not to cuddle and make people feel cozy. They're there to TAKE CONTROL of the city back.

More of this, and they will take it back. Lesson is, stay away from police riot lines. If you see you are close to one, BACK AWAY, dont loiter around with a video camera and walk parrallel to it, or towards it.

Thems fighting words, I'll shoot any fucking police officer who says they have come to "take control."

So you would just cower and hide if police come to your house and say they are going to take control.

A police attack against Oakland man Scott Campbell has drawn national attention and outrage after Campbell released a video of the incident on YouTube.

Early Thursday morning after Occupy Oakland's general strike, Campbell filmed police officers as they surrounded the remaining protesters. According to Campbell, an officer asked him to step back as he approached the police line with a video camera. Campbell obliged, and then began filming about ten feet from the officers. On the video, Campbell can be heard asking "is this OK?" twice. Several seconds later, an officer shoots him with what appears to be a rubber bullet.

More: Scott Campbell Films Police Shooting At Occupy Oakland: Video Sparks National Outrage (VIDEO)

nvtg32j:tw1

VIDEO: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0pX9LeE-g8&feature=player_detailpage]Shot by police with rubber bullet at Occupy Oakland - YouTube[/ame]

Cool!

I wish the pigs would have the balls to use real bullets, then you would see what an insurrection really is.

You guys would have had your asses handed to you.

That sir is fact.

Numbers, dear sir. Police use real bullets, they will have a national shitstorm on their hands.

Would there be a back lash? Sure

and?

will you now use the crystal ball to tell us what other future events you imagine?

That sir is fact.

Numbers, dear sir. Police use real bullets, they will have a national shitstorm on their hands.

and?

will you now use the crystal ball to tell us what other future events you imagine?

Arab spring, what happens when the government cracks down on its population too much?

That.

Over and over again, throughout history, governments that are overly oppressive to their own people have failed.

Why would that not happen should the US become an oppressive police state?

What does your magic crystal ball say, Sir? You must have the newer future one.

Mine only looks in the past. :/

Last edited:

and?

Arab spring, what happens when the government cracks down on its population too much?

That.

You dont take into account that if some were to stand up in support of rioting there are many of us that would join law enforcement in putting it down.

and?

That.

You dont take into account that if some were to stand up in support of rioting there are many of us that would join law enforcement in putting it down.

Who said I support rioting? I certainly didn't. But could you honestly say you want police to come to your house and say they are "taking control?"

They should be thankful it was just rubber. Real ones are allowed in putting down insurrections.

I wish the pigs would have the balls to use real bullets, then you would see what an insurrection really is.

That sir is fact.

The day the cops start shooting people is the day cops start dying. Guess what happens the next day??

No pigs go to work, thats what happens.

Your still a dumb fuck.

A police attack against Oakland man Scott Campbell has drawn national attention and outrage after Campbell released a video of the incident on YouTube.

Early Thursday morning after Occupy Oakland's general strike, Campbell filmed police officers as they surrounded the remaining protesters. According to Campbell, an officer asked him to step back as he approached the police line with a video camera. Campbell obliged, and then began filming about ten feet from the officers. On the video, Campbell can be heard asking "is this OK?" twice. Several seconds later, an officer shoots him with what appears to be a rubber bullet.

More: Scott Campbell Films Police Shooting At Occupy Oakland: Video Sparks National Outrage (VIDEO)

nvtg32j:tw1

VIDEO: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0pX9LeE-g8&feature=player_detailpage]Shot by police with rubber bullet at Occupy Oakland - YouTube[/ame]

Very Troubling. Even more troubling is the fact that there are many laws on the books now that prohibit taking pictures or filming of Police Abuse. Ask yourself, "Why is that?"

Those Laws should be challenged in the Supreme Court.

Since when is Documented Witness, Truth, a crime? What kind of a Society would justify such Bullshit?

So you would just cower and hide if police come to your house and say they are going to take control.

Is this guy in his house?

I'd call my lawyer and have him deal with it. Having a shootout with the cops is a losing proposition, except for you tough guys I suppose.

These are the same Right wing clowns whowere saying Obama was going to put them in concentration camps and take away their guns?

Its amazing they are not claiming its Obama coming for them.

They just shift their beliefs at a pin drop

That's what was said right before Kent State.

Taking control of the streets does not automatically mean the police are coming to your house next. Although if they did, whatever little popgun you have wouldn't stop them. That happens all the time! Do you think that there are no stand offs with the police, ever, it ends the same way every time, Ruby Ridge. Was there a national shitstorm? No. In any other case where the police use a battering ram and tear gas to eject someone considered armed and dangerous is there?

The best way to handle it is to just let the people know they are no longer constrained by the laws they want to abide by. There would undoubtably be a larger loss of life than if the police handled it, but it would be over rather quickly. Protesters and rioters are not noted for bravery. They depend on compliant victims.

This is ridiculous, you people really believe that a police state can't exist? And that you could fight it legally if it occurred?

That.

Who said I support rioting? I certainly didn't. But could you honestly say you want police to come to your house and say they are "taking control?"

Again with your reading comprehension problems.

Damn, does someone tie your shoes?

The cops were there to do their jobs, To break up the crowd who are causing damage to property and harassing people. If these dumb asses did not want to listen they deserve what they get!!

you just made up shit to defend what was on tape asshole. No one causing damage and harrassing people. The cops were standing there then one fired.

But authoritarians will defend any use of force

Forum List

Back