Ok, they want "Fair Pay"; But what is a "Fair Day's WORK"??

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
No one has addressed this question. OWS whiners are always saying fair wages, a living wage, fair pay, blah blah blah. Tax the rich also, of course. But, has anyone asked them: "Okay, you want a fair pay. But what is a fair days work? What are you willing to do for fair pay, or better yet, what do you have to OFFER in exchange?"

So what is a fair day of work? What does the typical whining left winger have to offer? The masses of 27 year old college graduates, with 2-3 degrees in various liberal arts titles, who is marching in protest. What do they have to OFFER for that fair pay?

Are they willing to work 50 hours a week if necessary?
Will they strive to make.....PROFIT:eek:...for my company? As evil as PROFIT is, will they do it?
Will they do the dirty work that entry level employees are expected to do?
Will they do things OUR way, in our company? Despite what they may think or have been taught to think?
Are they willing to take less pay than they feel they are worth, for the chance to earn that higher paying position?
Are they willing to COMPETE (yeah, another bad word) with other entry level employees, and the most productive one gets the promotion?

Are they willing to work in the heat? To stand or walk for 8 hours a day? To do paperwork all day?

Somehow, I doubt most who demand "fair pay" are willing to put in a fair days work. Thats why so many illegal immigrants come here and find work with ease. They are willing to work. To work for less than they feel they are worth. OWS could take a lesson from them on work ethic and humility.

Would they take a job that they feel is beneath them, if necessary, to recieve a living wage? Managers at McDonalds make fairly good salaries, 50K or more. A person who drives to deliver for Dominoes can make up to 20 dollars an hour.

Are they willing to provide a fair, reasonable days work for that fair wage?

No one has addressed this question. OWS whiners are always saying fair wages, a living wage, fair pay, blah blah blah. Tax the rich also, of course. But, has anyone asked them: "Okay, you want a fair pay. But what is a fair days work? What are you willing to do for fair pay, or better yet, what do you have to OFFER in exchange?"

So what is a fair day of work? What does the typical whining left winger have to offer? The masses of 27 year old college graduates, with 2-3 degrees in various liberal arts titles, who is marching in protest. What do they have to OFFER for that fair pay?

Will they strive to make.....PROFIT:eek:...for my company? As evil as PROFIT is, will they do it?
Will they do things OUR way, in our company? Despite what they may think or have been taught to think?
Are they willing to take less pay than they feel they are worth, for the chance to earn that higher paying position?
Are they willing to COMPETE (yeah, another bad word) with other entry level employees, and the most productive one gets the promotion?

Are they willing to work in the heat? To stand or walk for 8 hours a day? To do paperwork all day?

Somehow, I doubt most who demand "fair pay" are willing to put in a fair days work. Thats why so many illegal immigrants come here and find work with ease. They are willing to work. To work for less than they feel they are worth. OWS could take a lesson from them on work ethic and humility.

Well...the Christian bible says them that work eat, them that don't, don't...or something to that effect. I don't know what we'll do with babies, cripples and the elderly. Lock them up with the 3 million we have in jail I guess.

This is a great thread! So thought provoking. So accurate in how it describes the American people.

And....the innovative ideas! Accept a lower salary in order to get a job! Brilliant! Make the work week 50 hours......demonstrate your loyalty to your master!

This is a great thread! So thought provoking. So accurate in how it describes the American people.

And....the innovative ideas! Accept a lower salary in order to get a job! Brilliant! Make the work week 50 hours......demonstrate your loyalty to your master!

:clap2:

You got that, citizen.

Here's the underlying problem with that mentality.

Eventually, it leads to a society where you only have the rich and the poor, with nothing inbetween.

A vibrant Middle Class is what made America great, and the corporations, with help from BOTH parties, have hollowed it out. We've numbed ourselves to the damage with credit cards and using our homes as ATM's, but that ain't happening anymore.

Both parties are to blame for the problem, but the real root evil is greed. I have no problem working hard to make my company a success. I have a real problem working hard and at the end of the day, some bullshit on the stock market or some backroom deal wipes out all the effort I make on my level.

You're ignoring REALITY, you're ignoring the CRUX of the problem..............

They already make a PROFIT :eek: for your Company.

Corporate profits are at an ALL TIME HIGH

While WAGES are remaining THE SAME

That is the CRUX, that is the PROBLEM. That is the rising cause of disparity.

CEO's are getting raises disproportionate to any time in American History while keeping their workers (i.e. their money makers) working longer hours (production is up) for stagnant pay.

The problem is not the workers who are protesting. The problem is that the biggest Corporation are taking the Economic downturn and running with the rhetoric.

My company is in the Fortune 100.

We are on our 3rd year in a row of Wage freezes, citing "the Economy" as the reason. They are also on a hiring freeze. People that have left's positions were not filled and we are required to do more as a result, for incentives such as "dress down pass" or "15 more minutes on lunch." (No offense, but Women eat that shit up).

Meanwhile, our CEO is on Fox business citing our greatest 3rd quarter ever, and the last 2 years straight RECORD profitibility.

This is what's happening.
And you can pretend that people that are saying something about it are lazy, ungrateful, starting a wage war, jealous, etc. ad nauseum.

But the middle class wage freeze is the exact cause of the downed Economy.

Last edited:

Work? They don't want to work!

Can't you see now, the OWS crowd doesn't want to work at all. They see it as a form of wage slavery. Why should they work for what they have a right to for free. It is also the reason why they will never and can never be successful. They can't advance in anything they do. The face of failure. What else they do is despise the guy who takes that entry level job, puts in 50 or 60 hours a week and leapfrogs over them to advance while they keep an eye on the clock for quitting time.

If anything has hollowed out the middle class, it is a growing perception that they need do nothing to make themselves worth more, Those who work hard and always give more than they get will get more, those who sit around won't. The rich get richer and the poor keep their hands out.

Can't you see now, the OWS crowd doesn't want to work at all. They see it as a form of wage slavery. Why should they work for what they have a right to for free. It is also the reason why they will never and can never be successful. They can't advance in anything they do. The face of failure. What else they do is despise the guy who takes that entry level job, puts in 50 or 60 hours a week and leapfrogs over them to advance while they keep an eye on the clock for quitting time.

If anything has hollowed out the middle class, it is a growing perception that they need do nothing to make themselves worth more, Those who work hard and always give more than they get will get more, those who sit around won't. The rich get richer and the poor keep their hands out.

rhetoric.

And Bucs should lead the charge.

He should go into his boss's office and demand less money and more hours.

Last edited:
How long will productive people tolerate this millstone hanging around their necks? How long will people be willing to support the lazy?

making the jobs go away with your historically failed ideas and then telling the people who now dont have a job that they are lazy and stupid is no way to win elections guys.

Its as if you think this is not a democracy in which people vote in their electors?

Your party has been cheating in elections so long to win you think they can just CHEAT enough without getting real people to vote for them?

Spit on your fellow Americans for not approving of how you crashed the world economy and are attempting to distroy any forward economic move this country begins to see, it shows just how heartless a party you have.

We will win the votes you dont care about.

How long will productive people tolerate this millstone hanging around their necks? How long will people be willing to support the lazy?

You're acting as though productive people don't have any problems with their Producing (THEIR HARD WORK) being at an all time high, their Corporation's $$Profits$$ being at an ALL TIME HIGH, their CEO's and Board's Compensation being at an ALL TIME HIGH,

while their pay remains stagnant, a raise freeze...............

And productive people should remain not having any sort of problem with that or say in the Matter. No Union protection - check.

No job security because the Economy is not creating jobs, so they have to stay quiet - check.

N'aw, must all be lazy good for nothings who never worked a day in their lives.

or you could sit on your fat ass and expect others to support you. which is what I suspect ewe dew. the rest of us do what we have to do to be self reliant and take care of ourselves.

Yeah, I just don't understand the right wing-nuts on this board sometimes. They act as if they are some kind of super loaded patriot, and then constantly opine about how horrible the majority of Americans are in their eyes. This guy even likes illegal immigrants better than Americans. But he's a true conservative, yes indeedy.

Forum List

Back