Does Anybody Know How The New Batteries Work?

fandango

Jun 25, 2018
If you know, tell me. I can handle the truth. As everybody knows, the electric car has been suppressed for a long time. One of the main reasons was a false one concerning batteries. Of which I mean the rechargeable kind. The other reason of course is the money that the oil industry makes. And those who produce air cleaners, spark plugs, engine oil and the many other things that would become obsolete if we went to all electric cars.

I was in the store the other day looking for some AA batteries. I was surprised to find out that Duracell makes them that they say will work for 10 years! I also looked at some Everready batteries. Though they weren't the rechargeable kind, they said that they contained lithium. These were listed to last 20 years!

Does anybody know how these batteries work? Do they only put out their listed power for a short time? Then recharge themselves? Or if they are drained too much, does this shorten their lifespan? If these batteries last as long as they say they do, what in the hell are we even doing bothering with rechargeable batteries!

If you know, tell me. I can handle the truth. As everybody knows, the electric car has been suppressed for a long time. One of the main reasons was a false one concerning batteries. Of which I mean the rechargeable kind. The other reason of course is the money that the oil industry makes. And those who produce air cleaners, spark plugs, engine oil and the many other things that would become obsolete if we went to all electric cars.

I was in the store the other day looking for some AA batteries. I was surprised to find out that Duracell makes them that they say will work for 10 years! I also looked at some Everready batteries. Though they weren't the rechargeable kind, they said that they contained lithium. These were listed to last 20 years!

Does anybody know how these batteries work? Do they only put out their listed power for a short time? Then recharge themselves? Or if they are drained too much, does this shorten their lifespan? If these batteries last as long as they say they do, what in the hell are we even doing bothering with rechargeable batteries!
i thought you were one of them smart white guys?.....cant figure this out on your own?......

^^^Saved for posterity. Please tell me this is satire.

• Banned

i thought you were one of them smart white guys?.....cant figure this out on your own?......

I could have looked it up. Maybe I still will. But I am here now. So I thought I would ask.

• Banned

^^^Saved for posterity. Please tell me this is satire.

No. It isn't satire. If somebody says they have a battery that will last 10 to 20 years, that's pretty amazing. But if that means that is it's shelf life, that's worthless.

I could have looked it up. Maybe I still will. But I am here now. So I thought I would ask.
maybe tiger or Aesculapius will come along and help you out...

Forum List

Back