Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anaïs Nin

This is interesting on a great number of levels. Consider the conservative position on gays or crime. Are all actions determined by genes? Is personality a given? If so then morality becomes a tossup. I do think there are tendencies and like all things human we are tied to a body, a brain, a mind, and a cultural and educational experience, out of all those things form us, we grow or we die in all ways.

'Conservative thought will be banned under the new Healthcare reform act as so much negativity. greed, and self centered narcissism only leads to depression and grouchy, lined faces, and furthermore is in opposition to the general welfare clause of the constitution. Due to the widespread prevalence of Dunning–Kruger effect among conservatives and republicans, a healthcare proviso has been amended to the original bill. Don't worry be happy.' midcan5

liberal v conservative - excellent
Jonathan Haidt on the moral roots of liberals and conservatives | Video on TED.com

political brain
The Political Brain by Drew Westen

"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations." Anais Nin

"I Just Sharted"....Groucho Marx....

That's just great. Clean up now. You are getting smarter and more mature every day. Must be the new junior readers and vitamins mom is giving you each day. Keep it up, I hear they hire mentally challenged people all the time.

That's just great. Clean up now. You are getting smarter and more mature every day. Must be the new junior readers and vitamins mom is giving you each day. Keep it up, I hear they hire mentally challenged people all the time.

im so retarded that i can speak my own thoughts....you on the other hand say a sentence and have a bunch of quotes from others.....have you ever said more than a sentence to anyone here WITHOUT a quote or two from someone?....RETARDED people need help expressing themselves........who has to have help getting their point across?.....little old mentally challenged me, or you with 3-4 quotes helping you out each time?.....after you figure out how to peel your banana let me know if you know the answer....

I knew Liberals were born fucked up!!! LOL!

Study conducted by researchers at UCSD, Harvard
Researchers have determined that genetics could matter when it comes to some adults' political leanings.

According to scientists at UC San Diego and Harvard University, "ideology is affected not just by social factors, but also by a dopamine receptor gene called DRD4." That and how many friends you had during high school.

Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene' | NBC San Diego

Is this the same gene that causes people to want to steal from others? That would go a long way toward explaining the Democrats proclivity for redistributionism. Maybe we need to breed liberals out of the gene pool.

Researchers have determined that genetics could matter when it comes to some adults' political leanings.

According to scientists at UC San Diego and Harvard University, "ideology is affected not just by social factors, but also by a dopamine receptor gene called DRD4." That and how many friends you had during high school.

Is this the same gene that causes people to want to steal from others? That would go a long way toward explaining the Democrats proclivity for redistributionism. Maybe we need to breed liberals out of the gene pool.

The Bush tax cut was 52% to the top 1%, thereby moving the countries economic burden to the middle class. This is called a classic redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the top 1%.

Now you would think the top 1% would support a country that made them rich. Even when very few go into the military to protect the country that gave them so much.

Maybe the right is correct. Maybe these rich people are actually demiGods and should be supported in any way possible. Maybe we should "pray" to them?

You probably agree with the idea of a "master race" and eugenics, don't you?

The Bush tax cut was 52% to the top 1%, thereby moving the countries economic burden to the middle class. This is called a classic redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the top 1%.

Now you would think the top 1% would support a country that made them rich. Even when very few go into the military to protect the country that gave them so much.

Maybe the right is correct. Maybe these rich people are actually demiGods and should be supported in any way possible. Maybe we should "pray" to them?

Go ahead and raise taxes on the top 1 percent, I support it. I wouldnt mind seeing the rich people in this country taken down a peg or two, I abhor this extreme accumulation of wealth. But let's take that money and use it to balance the budget, not hand it out to people who have done nothing to earn it. Taxing one class of people and then spending it to support another class, in other words business as usual, is not going to avoid the economic collapse that we are heading towards. The Tea Party has a plan to address the problem, its called cutting spending. All the Democrats want to do is tax and resitribute wealth, even though it means going trillions into debt.

Forum List

Back