Scientists Defend $682,570 Taxpayer Funded 'Shrimp On A Treadmill'...

They're always measuring from the taint and not the base. Stupid scientists.

I know Republicans think scientists are stupid. And they don't contribute anything to society. Education. It's so "dumb".

You want to fund shrimp on a treadmill,knock yourself out. Just donate your own personal income. I'll have to pass though.

Like hell you will. Luckily your co-religionist doesn't have a chance to be president. You ever think this sort of knowledge might be useful in aquaculture? There are jobs there, you know?

If it goes unfunded by government.. and it is vital research... that can lead to huge breakthroughs... I am quite sure a company would take the risk to fund it...

Somehow... I think this one is not really vital

Just more proof of the absurd spending, over-reach of power, and refusal to live in the real world by our over-bloated government

What do you expect scientists to do? Cut off the free govt money?
I do not see to many businesses doing that.

Big oil will not voluntarially cut off their tax breaks will they?
The airlines will not cut off subsidies?

Last edited:
Another hatchet job on "The Gubment is wasting our money" complete with carnival sound effects and gross editing.

So scientists are studying the effects of micro bacterial infections on shrimp and need a way to evaluate shrimp under stress. They come up with a simple treadmill device to induce stress.

So of course the idiots conclude the study must be about what happens when we put shrimp on a treadmill

If it goes unfunded by government.. and it is vital research... that can lead to huge breakthroughs... I am quite sure a company would take the risk to fund it...

Somehow... I think this one is not really vital

Just more proof of the absurd spending, over-reach of power, and refusal to live in the real world by our over-bloated government

Then you're going to have to go after the companies that benefit from the research. They contribute to campaigns, so cutting off this kind of study, as long as we fund campaigns the way we do, is spitting in the wind. There's also the consideration that this is a matter of public record and anyone, even if they don't have the cash to lobby Congress, can benefit from the conclusions. Considering all the real waste in government, this is one area where you're barking up the wrong tree, IMO.

What do you expect scientists to do? Cut off the free govt money?
I do not see to many businesses doing that.

Big oil will not voluntarially cut off their tax breaks will they?
The airlines will not cut off subsidies?

Very good point.

How many poor American children starved to death while this $682,570 was being pissed away on training shrimp for the Olympics? :(

How many poor American children starved to death while this $682,570 was being pissed away on training shrimp for the Olympics? :(

Shrimp is a vital portion of our food supply. What is the impact of bacterial infections on shrimp and what level of contamination can shrimp withstand?

Seems like a good use of $682,570

Put another shrimp on the barbie. Not the treadmill. It's much much cheaper. $682,570? Yikes.

At least the shrimp were stimulated.

Next time dems need to pass legislation, they should be required to understand what the terms mean.

Pollution bad for sealife? Really? Who knew? These scientists are brilliant. Definitely worth all that Taxpayer cash. :(

They already did. The NSF doesn't just hand out money to anyone who askes.

How vital is it to maintain this nation as a scientific leader in the world? Seriously?

Really? This is your answer? That is as weak an answer as I have seen in a long time.
We will maintain our stature in the scientific world.....seriously...without this type of grant....seriously

Seriously..., you don't know what you're talking about..., SERIOUSLY!!! :doubt:

Seriously?????? I have a feeling your in debt up to your ears and needing a bailout.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc]OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... - YouTube[/ame]

Really? This is your answer? That is as weak an answer as I have seen in a long time.
We will maintain our stature in the scientific world.....seriously...without this type of grant....seriously

Seriously?????? I have a feeling your in debt up to your ears and needing a bailout.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc]OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... - YouTube[/ame]

Nice try, but that clip has nothing to do with the thread. What's the procedure for off-topic posts? :offtopic:

Nice try, but that clip has nothing to do with the thread. What's the procedure for off-topic posts? :offtopic:

Why don't you take out a loan? Seriously

Wow,that still cracks me up. 'Generation Gimme.' Wadayagunado? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back