Scientist already know how to erase your painful memories... and add new ones

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Scientists Already Know How to 'erase' Your Painful Memories... and Add New Ones
We all have things in our past that we'd like to forget - bad break-ups, traumatic experiences, loss. No matter how hard we try, these memories can continue to haunt us, occasionally triggering conditions such as anxiety, phobias, or post-traumatic stress disorder. But scientists are now on the verge of being able to change that for good, with the discovery that our memories aren't as permanent as we once thought.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this could be useful in many situations , then again it would be unethical. Lets say if someone was raped could we save them from terrible emotional issues if we just wipe it away? Or is the bodies flight or fight instinct tampered with to the point it does something to our natural ability to sense dangers. Or could it do something we haven't even thought of yet?

Or what if a soldier had scary moments in war what would it do if we just wiped it away.

What about a kid who had a scary moment in life for whatever reasons would it have an impact because it's a child over an adult...........

Hmmm I see this as being dangerous.

399145db166cd18d25ebddf52e0f40f6.jpg

Scientists Already Know How to 'erase' Your Painful Memories... and Add New Ones
We all have things in our past that we'd like to forget - bad break-ups, traumatic experiences, loss. No matter how hard we try, these memories can continue to haunt us, occasionally triggering conditions such as anxiety, phobias, or post-traumatic stress disorder. But scientists are now on the verge of being able to change that for good, with the discovery that our memories aren't as permanent as we once thought.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this could be useful in many situations , then again it would be unethical. Lets say if someone was raped could we save them from terrible emotional issues if we just wipe it away? Or is the bodies flight or fight instinct tampered with to the point it does something to our natural ability to sense dangers. Or could it do something we haven't even thought of yet?

Or what if a soldier had scary moments in war what would it do if we just wiped it away.

What about a kid who had a scary moment in life for whatever reasons would it have an impact because it's a child over an adult...........

I took classes on the subconscious ( part of the brain that we have no control over ) it is fascinating... But going to the motherboard of our beings and tweeking it around scares me..

• Banned
Memories are who we are. Is there anything more sad than someone with advanced Alzheimer's?

Agree and memories are also suppose to be a way to protect us good or bad. I think this over steps some real ethical issues.
The fear is we know who would abuse it's usage of it. The Elites would use it against us and not to help us.

Those in authority could severely abuse this against the population in so many ways it's not funny.

Forum List

Back