Scientific America: Conservatism Has Shortened Life Expectancy In The US

Violence may not be a major cause of death but it certainly counts in our longevity statistics. Many of the murder victims are young people and we have nearly 50 murders every single day in this country.
Barely has an effect since the deaths from heart disease, obesity, cancer, COVID and diabetes are so much higher. Hell, even accidental deaths are nearly ten times higher than murder and those are also more prevalent in rural communities.

Wear your seatbelt!

So how healthy is it for kids not to eat, or wait until after school to hit Burger King? Maybe meatloaf, fried chicken or pizza are not the best things to eat, but certainly a lot healthier than candy bars.

Child obesity is less of the kind of food than it is physical activity. We ate junk food as kids back in the 60's and 70's, but we didn't do so playing video games or face chatting with our friends. We didn't have all that stuff back then. As a kid, you hopped on your bike and visited your friends in person that lived a mile away or more, went to the school yard and played baseball, even went on the playground swing set and slide.

During summer vacation my mother couldn't get me back into the house. If I didn't get hungry I'd probably have stayed out from sun up to sun down. We didn't have money to eat fast food or pizza all day long. Your only source of food was your parents.
Good lord. Maybe instead of expecting government to do everything, why don’t some of you stop being such lousy parents and don’t give them Ho-Hos?

Michelle Obama also talked about increasing physical activity but the right made fun of that too. She’s in excellent shape but the losers on the right tried to claim she was a man because she actually had a strong physique.

Barely has an effect since the deaths from heart disease, obesity, cancer, COVID and diabetes are so much higher. Hell, even accidental deaths are nearly ten times higher than murder and those are also more prevalent in rural communities.

Wear your seatbelt!

I never wear my seat belt, but I'm also an excellent driver as I did it for a living most of my life. All of the things you and I mentioned contribute to a reversal of longevity, but recently it was covid deaths that played the largest part. That means when they calculate the next average lifespan, it's likely to increase once again.

Good lord. Maybe instead of expecting government to do everything, why don’t some of you stop being such lousy parents and don’t give them Ho-Hos?

Michelle Obama also talked about increasing physical activity but the right made fun of that too. She’s in excellent shape but the losers on the right tried to claim she was a man because she actually had a strong physique.

You never read me making such a ridiculous statement. I don't recall anybody making fun of her for promoting more physical activity either. Her school lunch thing was stupid because we on the right knew the results before she even did it.

And yet people who have been vaccinated have died from the virus, so I guess the virus doesn't care about your politics.
A virus wouldn't care about politics but would be able to infect conservatives more easily because there are more of them refusing the vaccines.

Some people die from Covid even though they have been vaccinated, but those vaccinated have a better chance of surviving.

You never read me making such a ridiculous statement. I don't recall anybody making fun of her for promoting more physical activity either. Her school lunch thing was stupid because we on the right knew the results before she even did it.
This is the toxic attitude that I’m talking about. You claim the program is stupid because kids won’t eat healthy food, they’ll eat junk food from home.

It’s a failure because conservatives won’t let it succeed. God forbid you guys participate in improving the health of your own children. That’s just too hard, isn’t it?

When you have my driving record, then criticize.
You can be the best driver in the universe.

Doesn’t stop you from getting into an accident.

There’s really no excuse for not wearing a seatbelt. It’s an absolutely unnecessary risk, but prevalent more in rural communities.

A virus wouldn't care about politics but would be able to infect conservatives more easily because there are more of them refusing the vaccines.

Some people die from Covid even though they have been vaccinated, but those vaccinated have a better chance of surviving.
Even the new messages are saying people with high risks can still die even if vaccinated, and I said that when the left was proclaiming the vaccines would end Covid.

So let be clear the left has lied many lied and then proclaim it wasn't a lie at all!

You can be the best driver in the universe.

Doesn’t stop you from getting into an accident.

There’s really no excuse for not wearing a seatbelt. It’s an absolutely unnecessary risk, but prevalent more in rural communities.

I found that a seat belt restricts my movements too much. If I have to lean forward quickly to look into my passenger mirror it slows me down and sometimes stops me from going forward. I always said seat belts are mostly for people that don't know how to drive, but that's my opinion. I do wear them from time to time in dangerous weather conditions, but that's about it.

This is the toxic attitude that I’m talking about. You claim the program is stupid because kids won’t eat healthy food, they’ll eat junk food from home.

It’s a failure because conservatives won’t let it succeed. God forbid you guys participate in improving the health of your own children. That’s just too hard, isn’t it?

It's not an attitude, it's what actually took place according to the schools that administered her program. They quit eating lunch, that's it. Children will not eat food they don't want anymore than us adults. If you don't like something or even despise it, you're not going to eat it.

As a parent I would sooner trust my school board on nutritious food selection than I would some fat ass first lady that has nothing better to do with her time. She's certainly no expert on anything when it comes to food.

Conservative policy is idiocy.
1. Less safetynet...So less help for the poor, old people die sooner as they have to work more years and more homeless people.
2. Less investment into your country, county and city = less jobs
3. Rich taking it all = smaller middle class = more poor people without even the help of these other european countries provides.
4. Less medical research dollars and less dollars making sure people get the help they need.

conservativism is idiocy. failed policies all the way around.

Conservative policy is idiocy.
1. Less safetynet...So less help for the poor, old people die sooner as they have to work more years and more homeless people.
2. Less investment into your country, county and city = less jobs
3. Rich taking it all = smaller middle class = more poor people without even the help of these other european countries provides.
4. Less medical research dollars and less dollars making sure people get the help they need.

conservativism is idiocy. failed policies all the way around.

Right, because we see how successful liberal policies are in commie states that people are leaving by the droves to move to red states.

A story in this month’s Scientific Americanpoints out that Americans are dying younger and at a greater rate than citizens of other industrially advanced countries. The reason for this is not complex, it’s easy to say exactly why:

Conservative ideology is causing more Americans to die.

The story points out that life expectancy in America is lower now than it has been in any year since 1996. That means that the advances in medical science and social behavior that have led to an almost continual rise in life expectancy for a century and a half stopped in America in the last few years and, in fact, we have gone backwards.

In fact, the only reason American life expectancy has dropped significantly in any years since before the Civil War, when these things began be be tracked systematically, has been due to the Civil War and the First World War combined with the Spanish Flu of 1918-20.

Modern American conservatism is having the same effect on American lives and life spans as war and disease has had in the past.​

Conservatism is literally killing Americans. And it’s doing it in three easily understood ways:

Pro life.
You have Conservative confused with the Covid vax. That is shortening lifespans

You keep blaming drug use on liberals but ignore the extent of substance abuse in rural and suburban communities which occurs at even higher rates.
And you ignore the fact most druggies are libs

Even in the rural areas

The right’s war on facts, science, and the truth has propagated fear and ignorance throughout America – the pandemic being one glaring example where lies contrived by conservatives concerning safe and effective vaccines have needlessly cost the lives of thousands of Americans.

Conservatism is the bane of the American nation.
And you are the bane of logical, America supporting thinking. A turd that never quite goes all the way down.....

Forum List

Back