Schumacher (Netflix)

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This is a wonderfully done documentary. I've noticed that pacing is often a complaint of mine in documentaries, too much time on one aspect leads to impatience and me wanting them to move along and that is never an issue in this one, with the producers never spending much time on each aspect of his life, just enough to get an understanding and on to the next part of his story.

I've never watched F1 racing before, and admit I watched this to learn about what happened to Michael Schumacher that ended his career, but watching this man's complete and utter devotion to winning at all costs was fascinating, and it started when he was just a small child on his fathers go-kart track.

I realized this guy is the Tom Brady of F1. Both have the Hollywood look and both have 7 championships. I don't know if Brady was as committed to winning as Schumacher was, but the stories I've heard about his conditioning lead me to believe that was so.

And the ending of this documentary is fantastic, they spend very little time talking about his career ending injury, they save the interviews with his children for the end, making the ending powerful and emotional without ever overdoing it anywhere in the hour and 45 minutes.

Forum List

Back