School Sued Over Muslim Teacher's Pilgrimage

you did miss it...i don't know about benefits, but pay alone, the school will save money or at least break even as i have no doubt she makes more than the sub....

do you deny that no other teacher has ever been given at least a 3 week leave...paid or unpaid.....?

In second year of teaching? No, other than for illness or care for sick immediate family member. You are an attorney, right? Could you afford that for an employee?

That district is k-5, I suppose we'll see how often they've given that level of time for 'pilgrimages' or religious time off-paid or unpaid. I do know that substitutes, no matter how qualified cannot take the place of the regular teacher. Sometimes necessary, but unless taking over for the year, it's still 'biding time.'

comparing my job to a district is apple/oranges...her year of teaching is irrelevent....and...as i showed you, it would not cost them anything...if i had an employee that needed 3 weeks off and i could get someone to come in with maybe a day catch up for the same pay, i would happily grant it, it costs me nothing

are you sure that no teacher in her second year has ever had a 3 week period off? and what difference does it make what year she is in? so if she had been there 10 years, you woudl support this :eusa_eh:

The longer one works, the more personal days one picks up. I agree though it wouldn't change the fact that it screws up the kids learning. Seriously, teachers really shouldn't take off long periods of time for reasons other than illness or to care for family members. She certainly isn't tenured, that takes 3-5 years in districts around here.

Sabbaticals aren't given to primary or secondary teachers here, they are even losing favor in many universities. When they are given though, they are for a semester or a year, not for weeks during a semester.

Have you seen most of the teachers?
Plus its always fat ugly Mo Fo's who like nudist colonies :lol:

Well you can't give special privileges to one group of people and accomodate their culture and blacklist everyone else, so the nudists should get to come to work naked.:clap2:

I do see your point, but I dont want to see naked teachers... at least not most of them.

Debra Lafave maybe.... :tongue:

Well if you open that door and start giving people special privilege, you need to be ready to give it to everyone.

In second year of teaching? No, other than for illness or care for sick immediate family member. You are an attorney, right? Could you afford that for an employee?

That district is k-5, I suppose we'll see how often they've given that level of time for 'pilgrimages' or religious time off-paid or unpaid. I do know that substitutes, no matter how qualified cannot take the place of the regular teacher. Sometimes necessary, but unless taking over for the year, it's still 'biding time.'

comparing my job to a district is apple/oranges...her year of teaching is irrelevent....and...as i showed you, it would not cost them anything...if i had an employee that needed 3 weeks off and i could get someone to come in with maybe a day catch up for the same pay, i would happily grant it, it costs me nothing

are you sure that no teacher in her second year has ever had a 3 week period off? and what difference does it make what year she is in? so if she had been there 10 years, you woudl support this :eusa_eh:

The longer one works, the more personal days one picks up. I agree though it wouldn't change the fact that it screws up the kids learning. Seriously, teachers really shouldn't take off long periods of time for reasons other than illness or to care for family members. She certainly isn't tenured, that takes 3-5 years in districts around here.

Sabbaticals aren't given to primary or secondary teachers here, they are even losing favor in many universities. When they are given though, they are for a semester or a year, not for weeks during a semester.

we disagree...i have a few friends who are subs because they can't get full time work and i've heard (los angeles county, santa barbara, slo) how they have recieved multiple weeks for one assignment, eg, one teacher out, for an illness, family or whatever...and i believe those teachers are still getting paid, though i don't know

she is offering unpaid leave once in a lifetime for something very important to her, i don't think its important, i think hajj is a joke, but my beliefs are not hers and under american law teh school is required to make reasonable accomodations - now, if she was asking for paid leave and to have this every year, then that is unreasonable, IMO

My suggestion would be for a year. If she want's to go to Jihadland and wander the desert, she will be given a year off with no pay.

So I guess any Muslim that wants to take a month off from their job to go to Hajj should be accomodated right?
That will be for the courts to decide. :eusa_angel:

And they may lose today. However, Canada has never been under this kind of attack before and recognizes a need to institute new checks for our "Separation of Church and State". Canada and our liberality is under a "Sharia" attack and we are responding.

Some might pretend they don't care what happens in other countries, that this just happens "there" will never happen "here", but that's not what all this information shows.

It seems clear that Canadian Muslims want the laws of their host countries to become the laws from the countries that they have emigrated from.

I believe that since we see this progression in Canada and have begun to enact legislation to remove ALL family laws, there should be no discrimination.
  • The Jewish Family law = no stand in Canada
  • The Islamic Family law = no stand in Canada
  • The Mennonite Family law = no stand in Canada

We had no problem with the Jewish or Mennonite Family laws because they work within the framework. Clearly Muslim Sharia practitioners do not wish to work within the framework or they would not be going back to Muslim countries and marrying children, first cousins, etc. and coming back here with documents that show legality. There is much proof that, Muslims are leaving Canada to marry their first cousins in their Muslim countries and coming back with false papers to show a non linear close connection.

Click

It seems that Canada will use a broad brush stroke within the next few Supreme Court sitting on this matter.

I put forwards that Muslims see nothing wrong with marrying first cousins.

Click

This is simply one proof of many Muslim machinations to manipulate our laws so that they can supersede them with their laws. They try to open the door with the below more moderate requests, whilst they are working under the table to continue their abhorrent inbreeding here in Canada.

Click

:eusa_hand:

salesman_foot_in_door2.gif

In Canada:

Earlier in the year, the Canadian Islamic Institute of Civil Justice said it wanted to set up its own faith-based arbitration panels under the Arbitration Act, based on Sharia law.

TORONTO -- Muslims in the GTA are monitoring the case of a Toronto woman whose bid to sponsor a new husband to Canada was nixed because a religious "talaq" divorce of her first spouse is not recognized in Ontario.

Hoda Hussein Hazimeh claims a "talaq" divorce with ex-husband Ali Hammoud conducted under Sharia law and registered in Lebanon should be recognized here so she can sponsor her second husband, Hafez Farhat.

Sharia divorce law rejected - Canada - Canoe.ca

Statistics Canada reports that 253,260 Canadians identified themselves as Muslims (0.9% of the total population) during the 1991 census. Some estimated that there were as many as 500,000 Muslims in Canada. Today (.2001) there are an estimated 650,000 Muslims in Canada.

I know we don't have a large population here in Canada. But still, they go through the court system to attempt to change our political realities.

When that doesn't work, they go through illegal acts to gain their means. There's the difference...

Until their population increases or they win in court. Sooner or later, the law of the land will change, slowly first, and then with increasing speed as the demographics of the land changes to Muslim favor.

Of course this may just be my highly evolved Jewish fear of dissolution and all this is moot because the Muslims coming here want to live under our laws. :eusa_whistle:

Alex Wilner: How to use SUVs to mow down Canadian enemies of Allah

Polygamy and First Cousin Marriage (Pakistani - Canadian)

The Canadian immigration in Pakistan is dealing with many social issues some of which include child brides, arranged marriages between first cousins, polygamy as well as forced marriages. The Canadian officials working at the immigration and visa office in Islamabad, Pakistan prepared a 26 page report which brings out the details of these issues. This report has been acquired by Richard Kurland who is an immigration lawyer. He obtained this report with the help of information legislation and furnished it to the QMI Agency.

Click

So, in summation, I believe that if only three or four Western countries ban cousin marriage, practically all Muslims will stop the practice in order to keep options open for themselves and their children to emigrate to better financial opportunities.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNouthf71f0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I8K1PDoVxU[/ame]

If we (Western Cultures) allow such a movement to assign Sharia law concurrence with Canadian law, then this will allow them to continue this practice (and these other practices) then it is on our backs. I personally do not want to see our laws dealing with approvals for these abhorrent act.

My two cents?

A few thousand years ago? OK. Now! No! :eusa_hand:

she is offering unpaid leave once in a lifetime for something very important to her, i don't think its important, i think hajj is a joke, but my beliefs are not hers and under american law teh school is required to make reasonable accomodations - now, if she was asking for paid leave and to have this every year, then that is unreasonable, IMO

On a small scale your probably right, but what happens when a crapload of teachers start trying to take "once in a lifetime trips"? Oh say they might want to go see Europe for a few weeks or perhaps a trip to scale Everest.... where do ya draw the lines, and when ya do draw the line... why does everybody think they should sue for money?

This case is nothing more than an oppurtinity to put Islam in the the victim category yet again..... :eusa_hand:

Canada?

Cousin marriage??

What the heck does Canada and child marriage have to do with this? :cuckoo:

We are talking about;

An American citizen.

Teaching in an American school.

Being represented by a U.S. Federal agency.

That will take place in an American court room.

Please try to keep up and stay on topic Hiram :doubt:

Last edited:

On a small scale your probably right, but what happens when a crapload of teachers start trying to take "once in a lifetime trips"? Oh say they might want to go see Europe for a few weeks or perhaps a trip to scale Everest.... where do ya draw the lines, and when ya do draw the line... why does everybody think they should sue for money?

This case is nothing more than an oppurtinity to put Islam in the the victim category yet again..... :eusa_hand:
Why the fuck do you type in that funky font???

It's called extrapolation

Canada?

Cousin marriage??

We are talking about;

An American citizen.

Why the fuck do you type in that funky font???

Ravi, why hassle someone for not conforming?

Canada?

Cousin marriage??

We are talking about;

An American citizen.

Yours was a very interesting post, Ropey. I disagree that a divorce obtained overseas should not be recognized, but I have no issue with opposing child marriage, polygamy or marriages between first cousins.

One prerequisite of emigrating to the US, or Canada, should be a willingness to live in obedience to American or Canadian laws.

Then start you own thread on "extrapolation" and quit trying to derail this one. :doubt:

Had you not responded, there would not be three more posts on my post.

That's what's under your control, not me. The extrapolation is arguable. If you want to continue it, I will show the connection if you can not see it from my post.

Want some more extrapolated proofs? Continue to respond to me, thus opening the door for my responses to yours, and I will give you more information regarding this sedition and the attempts of Muslims all over the world attempting to use the court systems in the Western cultures in order to enact their Sharia law.

You try to isolate it to separate unrelated incidents. So does Obama. They are not unrelated to my eyes

I do not.

Then start you own thread on "extrapolation" and quit trying to derail this one. :doubt:

Had you not responded, there would not be three more posts on my post.

That's what's under your control, not me. The extrapolation is arguable. If you want to continue it, I will show the connection if you can not see it from my post.

Want some more extrapolated proofs? Continue to respond to me, thus opening the door for my responses to yours, and I will give you more information regarding this sedition and the attempts of Muslims all over the world attempting to use the court systems in the Western cultures in order to enact their Sharia law.

You try to isolate it to separate unrelated incidents. So does Obama. They are not unrelated to my eyes

I do not.

Well, now a conspiracy seems unlikely, Ropey. Odds are this woman feels a bit entitled and just wanted to have her religion respected. I dun think world domination is her goal.

I agree with you that if the rules are followed Madeline. But that is not what we are seeing happen. Sedition does not need to be coordinated.

First the simple and easy laws are attempted to be modifed, then more complex ones.

Someday your young offspring (not so many generations from now) might well be legally forced to wear Hijab and the extension by way of extrapolation is clear to me.

Just as this lady wishing to spend a month away from her duties so that she can do what she can do on her own time, but who demands to be taken for special dispensation will, sooner or later, be seen as a precedent.

Oh, Muslims learn our laws quite well. But I put forward, not to follow them, to use them for their own Sharia machinations.

Yours was a very interesting post, Ropey. I disagree that a divorce obtained overseas should not be recognized, but I have no issue with opposing child marriage, polygamy or marriages between first cousins.

One prerequisite of emigrating to the US, or Canada, should be a willingness to live in obedience to American or Canadian laws.

sorry, but the civil rights act does not protect vacations to europe, when it does, get back to me

i don't think islam is the victim at all, in this country we have the rule of law and the law clearly states she must be given reasonable accomadation for her religion....it doesn't say reasonable accomodation for any reason

most of my posts on islam are not islamic friendly, but i am about supporting our countries constitutional laws and right now the civil rights act is constitutional....the only issue whether her request can be reasonably accomodated and it will be up to the trier of fact to determine that

Sedition?

Obama??

Someone spiking your matzah balls Shlomo :lol:

Forum List

Back