School shooting in Houston

i don't think its federal.

but it's a college. (Lone Star College, actually) not a public school.

want to try again, honey?

And I thought you were an attorney.Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Online attorneys don't count. :razz:

you wish, *lady*dumbslinger.

:thup:

but thanks for the drive-by, gratuitous insult.

maybe you want to go back and look at the new rules again?

Last edited:
Uh oh... Someone shot someone... We have better use this atrocity to disarm Law abiding citizens. That about sums up the liberal's position on gun violence. Disarm the people who don't commit acts of violence, all in the name of those who do.

and just so we can get off the lame assed excuse of it's a private school honey

(A) in, or on the grounds of, a public, parochial or private school; or

(B) within a distance of 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public, parochial or private school

to decide if the law applies to this college, you also have to look at the definition of school, under the law.
\
as it happens, you might be correct, you might not as it only meets the definition of school under federal law... IF TEXAS SAYS IT DOES.

the statute says: "school" means a school which provides elementary or secondary education, as determined under State law."

btw, when i say i'm not sure about something... or i say "i don't think" something applies, rather than "yes, it applies" or no it does not... it means i haven't looked at it.

because if you think i obsess about gun rights the way you yokels do... i promise you, i don't... hence my acknowledging i wasn't sure.

feel free to let me know whether Texas law includes it.

Last edited:

(B) within a distance of 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public, parochial or private school

to decide if the law applies to this college, you also have to look at the definition of school, under the law.
\
as it happens, you might be correct, you might not as it only meets the definition of school under federal law... IF TEXAS SAYS IT DOES.

the statute says: "school" means a school which provides elementary or secondary education, as determined under State law."

btw, when i say i'm not sure about something... or i say "i don't think" something applies, rather than "yes, it applies" or no it does not... it means i haven't looked at it.

because if you think i obsess about gun rights the way you yokels do... i promise you, i don't... hence my acknowledging i wasn't sure.

I know the school policy is no guns, don't know about TX law.

My heart goes out to the victims.

I hope the authorities are able to sort out the perpetrators of this violence.

\

me either.

which is why i say when i don't know something.

\

I'm sure these thugs give a flying shit what the laws are... After all, they are THUGS!!!
They don't obey the laws.

News conference just finished, the shooting did not occur inside, was in a court yard between buildings. Three treated for gun shots, the two involved in the incident and a school janitor hit by friendly fire. One student was treated for other medical problems.

Here's yet another perfect example of if there was just one more person with a gun involved.....cooler heads would have prevailed and all of this would have been avoided. If there were 2 more armed citizens on the scene they probably would have all just hugged it out.

News conference just finished, the shooting did not occur inside, was in a court yard between buildings. Three treated for gun shots, the two involved in the incident and a school janitor hit by friendly fire. One student was treated for other medical problems.

"friendly fire"??

Had to point that out... Sorry :)

Here's yet another perfect example of if there was just one more person with a gun involved.....cooler heads would have prevailed and all of this would have been avoided. If there were 2 more armed citizens on the scene they probably would have all just hugged it out.

No... Just thugs being thugs.

Obama's gun restrictions would certainly have helped right???

"friendly fire"??

Had to point that out... Sorry :)

Wasn't another student, but they didn't say what agency the friendly was with, school police or sheriff.

I wouldn't call it "friendly fire".

I wouldn't call it "friendly fire".

Their words, not mine.

Forum List

Back