Anti-Constitution

Surely one of the 19 views was a liberal ready to defend him. What? No?

27th Amendment gets publicity in budget battle - Yahoo! News

No wonder his bill got shut out. It is in the COTUS. Maybe he will stick to his oath this time around. HA

who's trying to vary congressional pay? i didn't see anything in the amendment requiring they get paid before they do their job?

and the purpose of the amendment was to keep Congress from voting their own payraises. it wasn't to empower congress it was to RESTRAIN them.

as for his oath? he did just fine.

but you'd actually have to know something about the constitution to know that.

27th Amendment gets publicity in budget battle - Yahoo! News

No wonder his bill got shut out. It is in the COTUS. Maybe he will stick to his oath this time around. HA

who's trying to vary congressional pay? i didn't see anything in the amendment requiring they get paid before they do their job?

and the purpose of the amendment was to keep Congress from voting their own payraises. it wasn't to empower congress it was to RESTRAIN them.

as for his oath? he did just fine.

but you'd actually have to know something about the constitution to know that.

obama was trying to give a pay raise. It didn't pass. And as far as his oath, "and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Meaning he was trying to go against the COTUS.Kinda like obamacare. You know "unconstitutional". You know, had to be deemed a "tax". But you have to not be a sheeple to understand that.

Surely one of the 19 views was a liberal ready to defend him. What? No?

Why would a liberal defend Darell Issa? He's a jackass and an embarrassment to California.

Initially, House Oversight Committee chair Darrell Issa, a Republican, said he thought the bill was unconstitutional, according to a report on the website Roll Call. The site said Issa’s office quickly issued a statement, saying that “the final proposal brought before the House will have resolved any constitutional questions and that it will have my support.”

Others were quick to point out that withholding pay, even temporarily, would “vary” the compensation for Congress members, and in their opinion, presented a direct violation of the 27th Amendment.

Among the critics was UCLA law professor Adam Winkler, who gave a detailed explanation on the website Talking Points Memo.

“The answer is unclear because the 27th Amendment has never been authoritatively interpreted by the Supreme Court,” Winkler said in an email to the website. “Yet it seems almost certainly unconstitutional. Withholding pay effectively ‘var[ies] the compensation’ of lawmakers.”

It's unfortunate that partisan obstructionists like Issa get paid a salary for doing nothing but serve the interests of the wealthy corporations that fund his war chest.

Forum List

Back