More bitter/disgusting: December '04 liberals vs December '12 conservatives?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
The bitterness, nastiness and outright hatred of the far right...and even moderate right...since the November election has been unbelievable, but not that unexpected. They are acting as if the grocery store shelves are empty; As if the Super Bowl got canceled by executive order; As if we are gassing puppies; As if we have banned sunshine or something.

It aint that bad. It wasnt that bad under Bush. And it aint that bad under Obama.

The problem is the crazy partisans. They mostly dont live much life outside their little bubble of wakeup/home-to-work-to-home/bedtime, and the cable TV and talk radio that fills those (-) slash marks I used. They get the usual daily stresses that most people on Earth have: How to keep food, shelter, clothing on their family's slate in life. Historically, people have always wanted that.

Government has a role in society to simply provide a canvas for people to make what they make of their own lives. That cost a price: Taxes. But after that is paid, we can live a pretty damn awesome life, in a damn awesome country.

But when you really calm down and look at it all, its a pretty great deal. As long as we are paying $5 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks (rather than the $1 gas station alternative across the street) and spending $20 for a movie (rather than read a free book) then we cant bitch that much about life in America.

SO I ASK.........which group of bitter, unrealistic crybabies is the worst: 2004 Democrat/liberals, or 2012-present day GOP conservatives? Both are full of shit alarmists who need to take stock of how great they actually have it.

The bitterness, nastiness and outright hatred of the far right...and even moderate right...since the November election has been unbelievable, but not that unexpected. They are acting as if the grocery store shelves are empty; As if the Super Bowl got canceled by executive order; As if we are gassing puppies; As if we have banned sunshine or something.

It aint that bad. It wasnt that bad under Bush. And it aint that bad under Obama.

The problem is the crazy partisans. They mostly dont live much life outside their little bubble of wakeup/home-to-work-to-home/bedtime, and the cable TV and talk radio that fills those (-) slash marks I used. They get the usual daily stresses that most people on Earth have: How to keep food, shelter, clothing on their family's slate in life. Historically, people have always wanted that.

Government has a role in society to simply provide a canvas for people to make what they make of their own lives. That cost a price: Taxes. But after that is paid, we can live a pretty damn awesome life, in a damn awesome country.

But when you really calm down and look at it all, its a pretty great deal. As long as we are paying $5 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks (rather than the $1 gas station alternative across the street) and spending $20 for a movie (rather than read a free book) then we cant bitch that much about life in America.

SO I ASK.........which group of bitter, unrealistic crybabies is the worst: 2004 Democrat/liberals, or 2012-present day GOP conservatives? Both are full of shit alarmists who need to take stock of how great they actually have it.

Obama has been widely heralded today for delivering the most partisan, radical Inauguration speech of all time.

Stop pretending the Republicans are the divisive ones.

Actually, I think you have to go all the way back to the 1968 ultra-Liberals to find the political complement to the 2012 UnConservatives.

Obama has been widely heralded today for delivering the most partisan, radical Inauguration speech of all time.

Something just occurred to me. You know how you are supposed to add "in bed" to the end of a fortune cookie fortune?

At the end of a statement by an UnConservative, add "according to Fox News".

"Obama has been widely heralded today for delivering the most partisan, radical Inauguration speech of all time"...according to Fox News.

Last edited:

Something just occurred to me. You know how you are supposed to add "in bed" to the end of a fortune cookie fortune?

At the end of a statement by an UnConservative, add "by Fox News".

"Obama has been widely heralded today for delivering the most partisan, radical Inauguration speech of all time"...by Fox News.

Are you at all familiar with Obama's speech?

Im not pretending that. Partisan dipshits on both sides are divisive. As much as Obama did that, we get the right wing idiots preaching "Makers vs Takers", as if we have a society full of people with either an "M" or a "T" tattooed on their forehead.

"Obama has been widely heralded today for delivering the most partisan, radical Inauguration speech of all time"...by Fox News.

I read it.

Did you?

What other Inaugural speeches have you read for comparison so you know the claim is true?

Hmmm...

You know it's funny... Even though Obama won again in 2012 liberals are still bitter and disgusting people... What gives?

I heard it on msnbc this morning

When you consider that liberals in Hollywood actually made a feel-good movie about killing President Bush, you have your answer.

Am I supposed to report this thread? :confused:

for what, truthiness?

or are you having trouble recognizing a thread that actually raises an interesting question?

Thanks. I just noticed the panic and outrage of the right these days resembles so closely the post-04 election outrage of the left. I remember the big newspaper article saying something like "Sorry World, We Tried", as if Bush being re-elected was gonna cause the Earth to implode.

The doom and gloom, panic, and rage of some on the right just reminded me of the nonsense of the far left in 2004.

Wanted to start a convo about it.

I personally think the far left were more insufferable in 2000 than in 2004.
But even then they didn't annoy me as much as the 2012 far right.

I like the thread. Good to be reminded of how good we got it.

I read it.

Did you?

What other Inaugural speeches have you read for comparison so you know the claim is true?

Hmmm...

I read Obama's speech this morning, it's the most radical departure from our Founding principles every set forth by a POTUS.

Climate Change?

The Annual trillion deficits and 8% unemployment must be the new normal because they didn't get mentioned at all.

I personally think the far left were more insufferable in 2000 than in 2004.
But even then they didn't annoy me as much as the 2012 far right.

I like the thread. Good to be reminded of how good we got it.

Well, I haven't yet seen anything like Code Pink from the far right. They haven't interrupted official government meetings yet as badly as Code Pink. And that nonsense with the woman trying to handcuff Cheney...or Rumsfeld, whichever, nothing like that has happened on the right that I've seen so far.

So, if we are keeping score, Id say right now the far left element in 2004 was a bit more extreme and whacko, HOWEVER, I think the panic/rage element of the right in 2012 is more widespread. It doesnt quite have the intensity of the left's in 2004, but I think it is more widespread. Of course, one could say the lefts was more widespread in 2004, but the whacko element was more apparent and covered more, thus, giving it the image of being smaller but crazier than the right wing nuts today.

Interesting though. We'll see if something like Code Pink emerges from the right wing in the next 4 years. I dont think the Tea Party is the equivalent of Code Pink though.

Tell us Bucs90, what portion of your income do you pay in taxes?

It depends how much shopping and driving I do every 2 weeks. I have state, local, SS, etc. And gas tax, sales tax, hospitality tax (restaurants/hotels). So, you see, its impossible to give a flat number when we all do various amounts of shopping, driving, eating, etc, with each paycheck.

Why does it matter? I work. I pay what the government says I must pay. I do my citizen duty. If you are asking if I pay as much as a millionaire does, then no, I dont. Im not rich. So mathematically, I would not.

Forum List

Back