‘Scandalous’ Solyndra Program Actually Earned Taxpayers A $5 Billion Profit

The Bush admin when they were looking at securing the loans for Solyndra looked at that and determined that Solyndras tech wasn't sufficiently advanced to warrant the investment.
Oil men came to that conclusion? I'm shocked.

The Republican gripes about Obama all fall flat on their faces. He beats them every single time.
4i6Ckte.gif

First off, I'm not a Repub, secondly I care for this country. Clearly you don't or you would ignore the propaganda and actually research the shit you post. Instead you continue to spew shit and our country suffers accordingly.
I don't see the country suffering for any of Obama's actions.

I do see the country being out $24 Billion because of Ted Cruz' reckless actions in shutting down the government.

When do we get that back?

Really? What exactly happened when the government shut down? Where is that money supposedly missing from? Be specific.
Argue with the CBO. They stated that the shutdown cost the American taxpayers $24 billion.

Show us the numbers silly person. They said it, go find them and post them. Now run along and get the links!

The Republican gripes about Obama all fall flat on their faces. He beats them every single time.
4i6Ckte.gif

First off, I'm not a Repub, secondly I care for this country. Clearly you don't or you would ignore the propaganda and actually research the shit you post. Instead you continue to spew shit and our country suffers accordingly.

I do see the country being out $24 Billion because of Ted Cruz' reckless actions in shutting down the government.

Really? What exactly happened when the government shut down? Where is that money supposedly missing from? Be specific.
You said: Really? What exactly happened when the government shut down? Where is that money supposedly missing from? Be specific.

You can't be serious. If a company shuts down for a week, does it lose any revenue?
Republicans are not very business-savvy.

4i6Ckte.gif

Argue with the CBO. They stated that the shutdown cost the American taxpayers $24 billion.

Show us the numbers silly person. They said it, go find them and post them. Now run along and get the links!
Is your Google broken?

From the last link:

As the dust settles, economists are adding up the collateral damage. The results aren’t pretty:

• The loss of government services during the three-week shutdown will take a roughly $3.1 billion bite out of gross domestic product, according to economists at IHS Global Insight. That represents just the hit from lost government services.
  • The shutdown also forced non-government business losses, temporary layoffs and other interruptions in business spending. The full extent of the damage won’t be known for some time. Economists at Standard & Poor’s estimate the total cost at about $24 billion, or a 0.6 percent GDP haircut. Others guess it's about half that. Either way, it's a heavy price to pay.
  • Then there's the loss in U.S. economic prestige, which is also hard to gauge, but keeps getting whittled away every time Washington goes into gridlock over spending.
“The exact impact on the rest of the economy will be hard to measure until delayed economic data are released,” according to the research note by IHS economists Doug Handler and Paul Edelstein.

But they estimate the economy will grow at just a 1.6 percent annual rate in the last three months of the year – less than the 2.2 percent they had expected if the government had stayed open.

Those tens of billions of dollars of lost economic activity (along with a shortfall in government taxes on that activity) were obliterated by a political standoff that produced little more than a pact to try again to reach a long-term agreement in three months.

Gov't shutdown costs of $24 billion are conservative. Forget the memorial lol, hater dupes. How much damage does 1% growth do every damn time it was threatened? MORONS!

The Costs of the Government Shutdown - ABC News
abcnews.go.com › ABC News Blogs › Politics › The Note
ABC News
Oct 17, 2013 - The 16-day government shutdown is over, but the country has taken at least ... wages and productivity, but all the ripple effects and costs as well.

Government Shutdown Cost $24 Billion, According to ...
swampland.time.com/.../heres-what-the-government-shutdown-cost...
Time
Oct 17, 2013 - Here's How Much The Government Shutdown Cost The Economy ..... than they EVER contribute....but "KEEP THE GOV'T OUT OF MY LIFE".
Marco Rubio Leads the Threat for Another Gov't Shutdown ...
bluenationreview.com/marco-rubio-leads-threat-another-govt-shutdown-...
Oct 14, 2014 - The last Republican government shutdown cost this nation a massive $24 billion dollars according to the financial ratings agency Standard ...
Report: Gov't Shutdown Proved Costly to Taxpayers ...
realtormag.realtor.org › News & Commentary › Daily News
Nov 13, 2013 - The Obama administration issued a report detailing the impact of the two-week government shutdown in October that furloughed government ...

I see no links to your complete and utter bullshit. C'mon moron. You can do better than that can't you? Waving your hands and pulling numbers out of your ass might be enough for twits like you but we adults need more.
how the government shutdown costs money - Google Search

Pick your own link. There are so many. Any total and complete drooling idiot moron could do such a simple search. Too bad it was way beyond your meager talent. No wonder you're frustrated.

Gov't shutdown costs of $24 billion are conservative. Forget the memorial lol, hater dupes. How much damage does 1% growth do every damn time it was threatened? MORONS!

ABC News
Oct 17, 2013 - The 16-day government shutdown is over, but the country has taken at least ... wages and productivity, but all the ripple effects and costs as well.

Time
Oct 17, 2013 - Here's How Much The Government Shutdown Cost The Economy ..... than they EVER contribute....but "KEEP THE GOV'T OUT OF MY LIFE".
Oct 14, 2014 - The last Republican government shutdown cost this nation a massive $24 billion dollars according to the financial ratings agency Standard ...
Nov 13, 2013 - The Obama administration issued a report detailing the impact of the two-week government shutdown in October that furloughed government ...

I see no links to your complete and utter bullshit. C'mon moron. You can do better than that can't you? Waving your hands and pulling numbers out of your ass might be enough for twits like you but we adults need more.

Pick your own link. There are so many. Any total and complete drooling idiot moron could do such a simple search. Too bad it was way beyond your meager talent. No wonder you're frustrated.

Thanks! Here's the FIRST link...

There Will Be No $24B Economic Loss From The Government Shutdown

"The news has been full of an estimate by Standard & Poor’s that the U.S. economy suffered a loss of $24 billion due to the government shutdown. Interestingly, the reports contain few if any details of where those losses came from and the Standard & Poor’s website does not seem to have any report backing up the figure either. I have found some of the suggested losses and they are all untrue. In reality, there will be no economic loss to the economy from the government shutdown."

There Will Be No 24B Economic Loss From The Government Shutdown - Forbes

So, in other words, it's all a bunch of horseypoo and you idiots all fall for it...every time.

ABC News

Time

"The news has been full of an estimate by Standard & Poor’s that the U.S. economy suffered a loss of $24 billion due to the government shutdown. Interestingly, the reports contain few if any details of where those losses came from and the Standard & Poor’s website does not seem to have any report backing up the figure either. I have found some of the suggested losses and they are all untrue. In reality, there will be no economic loss to the economy from the government shutdown."

So, in other words, it's all a bunch of horseypoo and you idiots all fall for it...every time.
You found one opinion, from a rightwing source. I'm proud of you.

ABC News

Time

Yes, and you'll get all the bullshit that you dine on nightly.

Fuck, you are stupid.

Still don't know shit about downholing Chlorine ?

Asswipe.

ABC News

Time

You found one opinion, from a rightwing source. I'm proud of you.

The article pointed out factual errors and also showed that there was nothing substantial to the claims. In other words silly person, you've got NOTHING!

Yes, Forbes editorials are RW, dingbat. Each debt crisis and the shutdown were estimated to cut growth 0.6% each, CONSERVATIVELY. Funny how we entered full recovery when moderate Pubs stood up and told the "No Compromise, un-American TP GOP" (TIME) to SHUT THE FUCK UP, MORONS. About 4 years late.

Yes, Forbes editorials are RW, dingbat. Each debt crisis and the shutdown were estimated to cut growth 0.6% each, CONSERVATIVELY. Funny how we entered full recovery when moderate Pubs stood up and told the "No Compromise, un-American TP GOP" (TIME) to SHUT THE FUCK UP, MORONS. About 4 years late.

Estimated with nothing whatsoever to back up the claims but hand waving. What scared the piss out of the government wonks was how little impact there was. They had to come up with something or the people would have figured out how bloated and unnecessary the majority of government workers are. Then the caca would have really hit the rotary oscillator as the people demanded that government be cut back.

The long Republican nightmare continues!
4i6Ckte.gif

‘Scandalous’ Solyndra Program Actually Earned Taxpayers A $5 Billion Profit

The much-maligned government program that funded the failed solar tech company Solyndra is expected to make taxpayers a $5 to $6 billion return, Bloomberg Businessweek reported on Wednesday.

The loan program is run out of the Department of Energy (DOE), and covers a large umbrella of investments to encourage green energy and low-carbon technologies. According to Businessweek, the expected positive returns on those investments are detailed in a new report DOE will be releasing, perhaps as early as Thursday, on the loan program’s performance — the first such estimate the agency has made of the fruits of its efforts.

The program has the authority to spend as much as $40 billion, and has allocated $32.4 billion of that to a portfolio with dozens of specific projects. Half of the $32.4 billion has already been paid out, in loans that average a 22-year lifecycle. The Energy Department expects the full $5 to $6 billion return to come in over that total time period. But $3.5 billion of the principal for those loans has already been paid back by the various companies that received them, and the government has already garnered over $810 million in interest payments. The portfolio’s losses only amount to $780 million so far, and they aren’t expected to rise above $2 billion once everything is said and done — a fraction of the $10 billion in losses the government anticipated when it originally designed the program.

This stands in stark contrast to the image critics painted of the program. In 2011, the solar tech company Solyndra collapsed after receiving $528 million from the program, setting off a political feeding frenzy and embarrassing the White House.

In the 2012 presidential campaign, Republican candidate Mitt Romney said he thought “about half” the businesses the program invested in had gone out of business. On Tuesday, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) declared that “most of these companies are bankrupt and are no longer in existence, and the taxpayer is left holding the bag.” In point of fact, as of November 2012 only three companies out of several dozen had folded, though a few others were facing financial difficulties. That number has ticked up one more to four failures since. Investigations into the loan program have found no evidence of political manipulation or wrongdoing.

Lies lies and more lies, at this point they have lost 780 million, the "possible" earnings are "projected" over the next 22 years. We all know how well government projections come out, especially when the current administration has such a huge stake in making those projection. Hell most of us won't even be alive to see how it turns out.

Yeah, they told them.

The next congress will be more conservative than the last.

And it's only going to get worse.

Somehow people decided (as shown you losing 20% of your senate seats) you are the ones who need to shut the fuck up.

Forum List

Back