‘Scandalous’ Solyndra Program Actually Earned Taxpayers A $5 Billion Profit

You want to take a whack at the IRR calculation..Mr. Mouth.

Please give it a shot.

Still waiting asswipe.
So essentially you're asking me to, on my own, replicate the results of this report and spell it out how it came to that conclusion?

Tell me, if you were me, would you do something like that? Would you do all that economic calculation just because some asshole (you) online can't come up with their own argument against it?

Actually, I know the answer....I've already posted the range.

I just want to know if you realize how stupid it is to claim a 5 billion dollar profit on a 32 billion dollar investment over 22 years.

Here is some of the math:

5/32 * 100 = 15%.

Now spread that over 22 years and it's less than 1% per year (0.7%).

Now an IRR calc will probably show a negative interest rate because your returned principle has lost value.

So, go fuck yourself and have a day.

If you were an investment adviser...you'd pretty much be unemployable.
You're not an investment adviser and you're unemployable.

Let's see your math, turdboy.

You obviously based that on some spreadsheet you ran.

Or were you just doing what you normally do: Talk out your ass ?
I don't need to do the math. I trust educated economists. You know people who actually went to school for it? You have no idea what you are talking about. You think simple division that a 4th grader can do somehow undoes this study. You're making an ass of yourself.

So essentially you're asking me to, on my own, replicate the results of this report and spell it out how it came to that conclusion?

Tell me, if you were me, would you do something like that? Would you do all that economic calculation just because some asshole (you) online can't come up with their own argument against it?

I just want to know if you realize how stupid it is to claim a 5 billion dollar profit on a 32 billion dollar investment over 22 years.

5/32 * 100 = 15%.

Now an IRR calc will probably show a negative interest rate because your returned principle has lost value.

There is no spreadsheet needed here if you understand 4th grade arithmetic.
$5 billion (profit) divided by $ 32 billion investment equals 15.63% for 22 years.
Now divide 15.63% return over 22 years and it's 0.71% per year...

Now does this make sense? The government gets a return of less then 1% per year?

You missed post #140.....

We agree down to the second decimal (I showed 0.71%...which is probably to many sigfigs).

However, it does not matter since people like Billylapflapper and RDead don't have a fucking clue as to what this means.

They just hear their masters speak, piss all over themselves, and start looking for a private place to jack-off in celebration.
Don't you see how ridiculous you sound? Why should I trust you over the people who created this report? You're a moron.

Still waiting asswipe.

5/32 * 100 = 15%.

I don't need to do the math. I trust educated economists. You know people who actually went to school for it? You have no idea what you are talking about. You think simple division that a 4th grader can do somehow undoes this study. You're making an ass of yourself.

Well, every time someone actually checks their work it falls apart so yeah, they are incompetent at best, and committing fraud at worst.

5/32 * 100 = 15%.

$5 billion (profit) divided by $ 32 billion investment equals 15.63% for 22 years.

Now does this make sense? The government gets a return of less then 1% per year?

We agree down to the second decimal (I showed 0.71%...which is probably to many sigfigs).

However, it does not matter since people like Billylapflapper and RDead don't have a fucking clue as to what this means.

They just hear their masters speak, piss all over themselves, and start looking for a private place to jack-off in celebration.

Don't you see how ridiculous you sound? Why should I trust you over the people who created this report? You're a moron.

So let me get this straight.
When you divide $5 billion "profit" by $32 billion "investment" that doesn't equal 15.63%?
Divide 15.63% by 22 years is 0.71% per year.
Now maybe with new CORE math it doesn't... but OLD arithmetic is indisputable.

5/32 * 100 = 15%.

Well, every time someone actually checks their work it falls apart so yeah, they are incompetent at best, and committing fraud at worst.
That is so stupid. If the study is flawed it needs to be peer-reviewed. Most of the time they are peer reviewed. That means independent verification by other experts in the field. Not some idiot on a forum.

When you divide $5 billion "profit" by $32 billion "investment" that doesn't equal 15.63%?
The initial cost of Solyndra's failure was 500 million. If you can demonstrate how that isn't the case you are wasting your time.

5/32 * 100 = 15%.

You really are showing what a fool you are.

I have not said anything different from what the report said.

I simply took the numbers and ran them like I would any venture analysis.

If you can show me where I am wrong instead of whining like a little kid, I'll be here.

The initial cost of Solyndra's failure was 500 million. If you can demonstrate how that isn't the case you are wasting your time.

5/32 * 100 = 15%.

That is so stupid. If the study is flawed it needs to be peer-reviewed. Most of the time they are peer reviewed. That means independent verification by other experts in the field. Not some idiot on a forum.

Once again you stupid fucking dickhead....nothing argues their numbers. We are simply telling you what the numbers mean.

What an asshole.

If you can show me where I am wrong instead of whining like a little kid, I'll be here.
Explain how any of that proves the tax payers didn't get a 5 billion return? The initial cost of Solydra's failure was a poultry 500 million.

that

These the numbers and the timeframe.

From the OP:

The program has the authority to spend as much as $40 billion, and has allocated $32.4 billion of that to a portfolio with dozens of specific projects. Half of the $32.4 billion has already been paid out, in loans that average a 22-year lifecycle. The Energy Department expects the full $5 to $6 billion return to come in over that total time period.

All you need to do is put that in a simple sheet and it will kick back the NPV or the IRR.

Are you really this ignorant of how finance works ?

Explain how any of that proves the tax payers didn't get a 5 billion return? The initial cost of Solydra's failure was a poultry 500 million.

Can you please show me where anyone said the taxpayers won't get a 5 Billion return ?

The 5 Billion return is in the calculation....in fact the calculation is pretty generous because it assumes the money comes back in evenly spaced equal amount intervals (one of the assumptions of a basic NPV or IRR calc).

What we are saying is that if your reduced the scale to say, $1000 on which you would get a return of approximately $175 over a period of 22 years....you'd pass in a heartbeat. Even a savings account pays more than that today.

Are you really that stupid ?

Yes you are right! "poultry" i.e. chicken feed!
Think you meant paltry not "poultry"!
See it appears even understanding simple words is hard for people like you!
The issue is simple. Is $5 billion return over 22 years on a $32 billion project equal to 0.71% a year?
Do you understand? This is just another example of how Gruber was right in his "Stupidity of the American voter".
Do you understand simple math better then you understand the meaning of words?

The issue is simple. Is $5 billion return over 22 years on a $32 billion project equal to 0.71% a year?
Do you understand? This is just another example of how Gruber was right in his "Stupidity of the American voter".
Yes I meant paltry.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? So the fuck what if it is over 22 years? SO THE FUCK WHAT?

Do you understand that?

Yes I meant paltry.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? So the fuck what if it is over 22 years? SO THE FUCK WHAT?

Do you understand that?

It works out to .71% per year return on investment (ROI) over 22 years.
In case decimals cause you problems... that is 7/10ths of one percent ROI.
The average interest rate on a savings account over past 22 years has been 4.35%
Interest Rates on Savings Accounts since 1960
Do you understand that putting money in a savings account generates nearly 4 times the return the return generated by projects like Solyndra?
Think how many wounded veterans would have better care with the same $32 billion?

Yes I meant paltry.

Do you understand that?

The average interest rate on a savings account over past 22 years has been 4.35%
Do you understand that putting money in a savings account generates nearly 4 times the return the return generated by projects like Solyndra?
Think how many wounded veterans would have better care with the same $32 billion?

Methinks it has become clear that Billy does not understand finance or economics.

The time value of money can be found in just about any beginners economics book.

And so, I think we can also deduce that Billy really isn't worth responding to when he make statements about "Republicans poor understanding of economics".

Anyone who would make the comment that the time of return does not matter is without any understanding.

Pure and simple.

This thread has been most instructive.

Billydickweed has been exposed as a poser.

Sorry Billy, if you don't understand this....you should be in class and not on this board.

We made a 5 billion dollar profit?

LOL!!

Liberals, will believe anything.

So has solyndra stopped global warming? I thought that was the point. I did not know liberals were all of a sudden about mass windfall capitalist profits.

Wait a minute. They are hypocrites about everything.

So, when can we as citizens be expecting our checks in the mail?

Yes I meant paltry.

Do you understand that?

Methinks it has become clear that Billy does not understand finance or economics.

The time value of money can be found in just about any beginners economics book.

And so, I think we can also deduce that Billy really isn't worth responding to when he make statements about "Republicans poor understanding of economics".

Anyone who would make the comment that the time of return does not matter is without any understanding.

Pure and simple.

Sorry Billy, if you don't understand this....you should be in class and not on this board.

Well as you said most instructive because it is very apparent that some board members like Billy are validating an earlier thread I started regarding:
"Is the reading comprehension of this forum at the average college freshman of 7th grade also?"

Yes I meant paltry.

Do you understand that?

Good god you cons are so desperate to find any negativity in regards to Obama. It's so pathetic. You come across like children. I mean hell we are talking about a 5 billion return here. That's it. I don't even think it's really all that great. You just have to tear it apart just so you can feel validated about hating Obama.

You also need to remember that the economy under Obama today is a stellar improvement over what it had become in early 2009. That all started with Bush in case you like to pretend that isn't true.

5 billion is 5 billion is 5 billion. I don't care what it comes down to per year lol. You need to get a life.

Yes I meant paltry.

Do you understand that?

Pure and simple.

Dude you are so transparent. We both know you are an idiot and will harp on just about anything just to win an argument against me. Frankly I feel sorry for you.

Yes I meant paltry.

Do you understand that?

Pure and simple.

Dude you are so transparent. We both know you are an idiot and will harp on just about anything just to win an argument against me. Frankly I feel sorry for you.

Sorry BillyDoofus....

You've been outed.

We simply pointed out the analysis of the numbers....you call it an argument.

You lose dickweed.

And your credibility has been seriously damaged with regards to economic issues.

Forum List

Back