SCANDAL! Navy Uses UAE-Owned Company For Husbanding, UAE Feeds US Troops In Iraq

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Mar 11, 2006.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    another example of how bunk most of the arguments opponents of the ports deals have used are. c'mon, now the US Navy puts the lives of its sailors and the safety of its ships in the hands of a UAE-owned company. This isn't just a UAE-owned company, its UAE people doing the work, knowing the sensative information, side by side with our sailors doing force protection watches in foreign ports in the Middle East.

But they can't be trusted, I forgot. Someone obviously forgot to tell the Pentagon and the Navy & Marines. Obviously, they don't know dick about counterterrorism, Hilary Clinton and Peter (I love the IRA and Castro) King are the experts.

Oh, what is this? Another UAE company FEEDS OUR FUCKING TROOPS IN IRAQ. Obviously, this is a scandal. Obviously, the Army doesn't know what's good for it. Hiliary and Peter King and the rest of the Republican and Democrat losers in Congress and that jerk-off Chertoff are the real experts.

This is all a disgusting disgrace. We look like idiots to the rest of the world and we just punked one of our best allies. Way to win a war on terror people.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

'In the Middle East' being the key factor when referring to security. Granted the UAE is providing ablely in matters regarding our troops, no quibble there. We need them, it's what allows all the niceties that are making a very tough job, a touch easier:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/011/962owypl.asp

That is not the same as inviting them into our points of entry. I'm sorry, I just do not agree. I'm willing to block UK also, along with Australia and Canada from these type of 'buys.'

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    That's about the lone argument that ALMOST stands. It isn't realistic in the end though because American port companies are not competitive enough to make it work. In a few years, the port cities will be clamoring for a foreign company with the know-how and the balls to reform the ports and revitilize them.

I've posted about this before, American companies do not make the investment in talent, nor in innovation, especially in the shipyards business. What's going to happen is that a few ports on the East Coast that are foreign operated will begin to get most of the shipments that the American-owned ports used to. Its a simple matter of money, profit and bottomline.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Tax incentives and Halliburton. Not to mention many of the troops returning from Iraq/Afghanistan that may well start up businesses, they have the know-how!

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Besides, this is not the way to win the war on terror or defend ourselves.

I trust foreigners who are out for long-term profit more than I do some punk American kid who probably would take some cash from a stranger to look the other way while a nuke or a chemical weapon was smuggled aboard.

6. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Haliburton has a long record of incompetence across the board. I want a successful, fluid company to handle this. Too bad there are no more American firms like that in this business sector.

And tax incentives is just more taxpayer money wasted that could be given back to the taxpayer or invested in human intelligence, or let alone, an incentive for companies that invest in talent.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ok, name another US company capable. That's what your choices are. Really, it's what's going to happen. Time to adjust.

8. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Frankly, I don't want to adjust. This is shameful and harmful to America, and I have never been more ashamed of Congress.

There are NO US companies capable. This is going to be a business disaster. As I said, you may be under the mistaken impression this will last, but it won't. Either the ports will die (which ain't happening) or foreign ownership will eventually take over in two-three years. UNLESS a new American company comes along that can handle this, which is doubtful.

9. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    GAsp! They could feed the troops bad food and ... :blah2:

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    They will not die, as you've said. Some US company, in existence or new to the board is going to take over.

UAE thinks, I think, that they will maintain a 49% interest, I don't think that is going to happen either.

Seriously, at home and abroad, the 'masses' are not reading the people here. Sorry NATO, either intellect or out of country too long has left you tone deaf to what is occurring.