Say it, say it...interesting

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
"Finally, I want to say a word about the basic decency I have seen in Mr. Obama. Mrs. Clinton continues to throw the Rev. Wright up in his face as part of her mission to keep stoking the fears of White America. Every time she does this I shout at the TV, 'Say it, Obama! Say that when she and her husband were having marital difficulties regarding Monica Lewinsky, who did she and Bill bring to the White House for "spiritual counseling?" THE REVEREND JEREMIAH WRIGHT!'"

http://www.counterpunch.org/krassner05062008.html

What does one think of the differences in behavior?

Still courting Hillary's supporters I see.

btw, I only heard her answer one question about Wright until the other day when she said people should stop talking about him.

I wish McCain came across as sympathetic as Obama.
But I still think Obama's probably an idealistic idiot or an out and out America-hating bastard. Even so, the thing that REALLY bugs me about him is his political views. The whole national health care thing, bringing the troops home and I'm sure underfunding the military scare the shit out of me.

Still courting Hillary's supporters I see.

btw, I only heard her answer one question about Wright until the other day when she said people should stop talking about him.

You missed the point, Wright ain't going away and facing that is facing reality. Better to neutralize than hide.

She doesn't need to.

She's like a terrorist politician. She gets the ball rolling, and then moves on to the next thing. SHe got the ball rolling on his blackness, on whether or not he was Muslim, and this.

It's the way she works.

She doesn't need to.

She's like a terrorist politician. She gets the ball rolling, and then moves on to the next thing. SHe got the ball rolling on his blackness, on whether or not he was Muslim, and this.

It's the way she works.

Really? Hillary's his mother? She's the one that reproduced with a black man?

Okay, I'll bite...

Mr Obama has repeatedly talked about Clinton's Bosnia gaff and Mr. Obama has an entire Campaign that is about bashing Clinton and her being basically a Bushite, and her being old news and part of the old party, while Mr, Obama wouldn't be where he is today without he himself being politically connected, thus quite hypocritical....

but heh, that's politics and I realize this and I also do recognize that the Clinton's have been hypocritical themselves...

And Mr Obama has repeatedly brought up Hillary's vote on the Iraq resolution acting as though he never would have voted for it when in all honesty, there is absolutely no way that he could possibly know how he would have voted at the time IF HE WERE actually a US Senator, which he wasn't so....like I said, hard to tell....most of his votes in the Illinois senate he basically voted "present", not committing one way or another to anything controversial...so who's to say that on the Iraq resolution if he were in the us senate wouldn't have been "present" also midcan?

I think that you underestimate the Clintons Midcan...in this manner, it doesn't matter who it was that Hillary was going up against....it didn't have to be Obama, a half black man...ANYBODY at all that the Clintons would be up against at this point, they would be giving it their "political ALL" TO WIN THIS RACE.... if it were Edwards that she were against, they would still be pulling out all STOPS to win imo, and in many others too. They have absolutely never coward to the fight, the win...not against anyone. This IS NOT about race, except to those that want to make it be, for some sort of political advantage to pull the posse together, the group together...mob like, to me looking at it and it is pretty disheartening to see...

Anyway, this is how Bill Clinton won the nomination back in 1992....Busted butt, fought tooth and nail, didn't let bad news make him quit or the "right wing" conspiracy crush him or her...he did not have enough delegates to win the nomination until June of 1992.

This is also what it might take to beat the republicans....but more than likely not....not this race...either Obama or Clinton would be much better presidents than McCain and in my opinion, will win hands down.

It's the next election, the re-election that is going to be very hard to win...this is where I am looking...2012....by then the republicans will have recouped and all hell will still be breaking loose here and the country still trying to find our place in this global world and economy and all that is going wrong that was actually put in place by the Republicans themselves, will APPEAR to be the Democrat's fault....AT LEAST THIS IS how it will be played imo....and by then the republicans will have a stronger and better candidate that all of their party members can support...trust me, I can see them working on it now!

Anyway, I don't see any of this that upsets you so much as anything other than dirty, scummy, politics that Obama has been just as successful at as Hillary...

Even this Gas tax thing that he is blasting Hillary on, Obama voted yes three different times for gas tax relief while in the Illinois senate is what Senator Evan bayh had said on abc this past week and I heard a blip of tim russert questioning Obama on his yes vote to cut gas taxes while in illinois, (was THAT PANDERING Midcan?) and Obama said he made a mistake and he learned from it yahdeedah.... HE DANCED on it midcan....like any other politician midcan, and yes, including Clinton.

But regarding this incident, what makes Obama any better than Clinton with her vote that was uninformed and wrong on the Iraq resolution? Is only he allowed to make mistakes?

You seem to be viewing this through tunnel vision Midcan and this surprises me but it is the same thing with most all Obama supporters, of course from my "side's view" hahahahaha! :D, the Obamaites have taken up all the lies about the Clintons that the republicans used to say and they used to take the side of defending the Clintons over it and now walk LOCK STEP with this right wing smear????

The Obamaites remind me of the Bushites midcan, "their guy's shit don't stink" no matter what...defend till the end and smear others to do such...

The Reverend Wright is fair game midcan, whether he were black or white or whether he were the reverend of john Edwards and she were running against him...why "play" the race card?

And as far as this silly notion that because the Clintons invited the Rev Wright to the white house for one occaision to discuss their marital problems and how to help heal the black community's disappointment in them, to that of Barak Obama's 20 year membership to his church is just utterly ridiculous and downright foolish...again, you guys are scaring me....becoming too much like the Bushites than meets my comfort and I feel like it is dejavue midcan!

Please, please look at what you guys are acting like and tell me that you don't see the similarities to people that "worship" their leader like they are a god.... no one is midcan...people are people, faults and all....and no one on this earth at this time is worth worshipping imo.

Care

what the fuck ever.

You are only supporting a gullible bitch who voted for giving the pres authorization to invade iraq. I mean, why hold dems accountable when there is a chance to put a vagina in the white house? Indeed, talk about the blind team sport bandwagon of bushites...

"And Mr Obama has repeatedly brought up Hillary's vote on the Iraq resolution "

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

the nerve of Obama to bring up a real issue.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

beside Michael Moore...anyone got any more (no pun intended) sources for this Wright to clinton marriage connection???

what the fuck ever.

You are only supporting a gullible bitch who voted for giving the pres authorization to invade iraq. I mean, why hold dems accountable when there is a chance to put a vagina in the white house? Indeed, talk about the blind team sport bandwagon of bushites...

I don't think Hillary the Hun was gullible about Iraq, I think she was wholy owned by AIPAC et al from when Bill was, and I think that there was no question about which way she would go.

But from my point of view, I see her as pol first, last, and middle, and being a certain gender has nothing to do with it, she would take out anything and anyone if she thought they were in her way.

I am just glad for some of us that she was skint of that veneer she carried, and has been shown up for the racist she is, cannot help being.

I do get a laugh about her calling Obama the elitist..... back in the day when ms. Rodham went to Wellesley it wasn't about a scholarship, or anything, her family wrote a check for tuition and all that. They were Republicans, she was a sorority girl Goldwater Girl (back then sororities didn't take scholarship types), but Obama is the elitist?:

Hillary Clinton and Her Martin Luther King Jr Problem
By JT Thompson | The Hillary Project
WASHINGTON -- While Hillary Rodham Clinton came out second best to Barack Obama in their long-range oratorical duel at Selma, Ala., the real problem with her visit there a week ago concerned her March 4 speech's claim of her attachment to Martin Luther King Jr. as a high school student in 1963. How, then, could she be a "Goldwater girl" in the next year's presidential election? The incompatibility of those two positions of 40 years ago was noted to me by Democratic old-timers who were shocked by Sen. Clinton's temerity in pursuing her presidential candidacy.

Barry Goldwater's opposition to the 1964 voting rights bill was not incidental to his run for the White House but an integral element of conscious departure from Republican tradition that contributed to his disastrous performance.

Of course, no political candidate should have to explain inconsistencies of her high school days. What Hillary Clinton said at Selma is significant because it betrays her campaign's panicky reaction to the unexpected rise of Sen. Obama as a serious competitor for the Democratic nomination.

The Clinton game plan for returning to the White House reflected tactics used in 2000 when she parachuted into New York to tie up campaign money, secure support from important Democrats and discourage potential opponents for the nomination. It seemed to be working on the national scene, discouraging longtime presidential aspirants. Former Virginia Gov. Mark Warner, Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana and former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack dropped out, and Democrats who dared to run were being snowed under by the Clinton tide.

Clinton's plans were transformed by the advent of Obama, an African-American threatening the hard allegiance of black voters forged by Bill Clinton. On one hand, the Clinton campaign has attacked Obama and his supporters. On the other hand, she has sought to solidify her civil rights credentials.

Speaking at Selma's First Baptist Church on the 42nd anniversary of the "bloody Sunday" freedom march there, Sen. Clinton declared: "As a young girl [age 16], I had the great privilege of hearing Dr. King speak in Chicago. The year was 1963. My youth minister from our church took a few of us down on a cold January night to hear [King]. . . . And he called on us, he challenged us that evening to stay awake during the great revolution that the civil rights pioneers were waging on behalf of a more perfect union."

Young Hillary Rodham answered that challenge the next year as the 17-year-old class president at Maine East High School in the Chicago suburbs. She described herself in her memoirs as "an active Young Republican" and "a Goldwater girl, right down to my cowgirl outfit." As a politically attuned honor student, she must have known that Goldwater was one of only six Republican senators who joined Southern Democratic segregationists opposing the historic voting rights act of 1964 inspired by King.

Hillary headed the Young Republicans at Wellesley College as a freshman before defecting to the Democrats there. But when in 1969 at age 22 she was the first Wellesley student to deliver the commencement address, she did not place civil rights first. She talked about a demonstration in Founder's parking lot at the college that "protested against the rigid academic distribution requirement" and supported "a pass-fail system" and "a say" in "academic decision making." That was not quite Martin Luther King's agenda.

While Clinton was re-inventing her past, her campaign was shaken by the first serious, public internal Democratic criticism of the Clintons since the 1992 presidential campaign. The sharp rebuke of Hollywood producer David Geffen, the erstwhile Clinton friend now backing Obama, was approved unanimously by a campaign conference call presided over by consultant Mark Penn. Bill Clinton was not on that call. But the former president, described by Democratic sources as "incandescent" over Geffen's remarks, recommended the harsh response.

Hillary Clinton's road to the White House is not going as planned. Instead of a steady procession to coronation at the Denver convention, she is involved in a real struggle against credible opponents led by Obama. No wonder she and her handler were tempted to imply the existence long ago of a teen-ager in Chicago's suburbs who never really existed.

http://www.hillaryproject.com/index...hillary_clinton_and_her_martin_luther_king_jr

McCain will have us in on-going war because he is a spun out loonie, and she will to prove she is "man enough," sans testicles!

Okay, I'll bite...

Mr Obama has repeated talked about Clinton's Bosnia gaff and Mr. Obama has an entire Campaign that is about bashing Clinton and her being basically a Bushite, and her being old news and part of the old party, while Mr, Obama wouldn't be where he is today without he himself being politically connected, thus quite hypocritical....

but heh, that's politics and I realize this and I also do recognize that the Clinton's have been hypocritical themselves...

And Mr Obama has repeatedly brought up Hillary's vote on the Iraq resolution acting as though he never would have voted for it when in all honesty, there is absolutely no way that he could possibly know how he would have voted at the time IF HE WERE actually a US Senator, which he wasn't so....like I said, hard to tell....most of his votes in the Illinois senate he basically voted "present", not committing one way or another to anything controversial...so who's to say that on the Iraq resolution if he were in the us senate wouldn't have been "present" also midcan?

I think that you underestimate the Clintons Midcan...in this manner, it doesn't matter who it was that Hillary was going up against....it didn't have to be Obama, a half black man...ANYBODY at all that the Clintons would be up against at this point, they would be giving it their "political ALL" TO WIN THIS RACE.... if it were Edwards that she were against, they would still be pulling out all STOPS to win imo, and in many others too. They have absolutely never coward to the fight, the win...not against anyone. This IS NOT about race, except to those that want to make it be, for some sort of political advantage to pull the posse together, the group together...mob like, to me looking at it and it is pretty disheartening to see...

Anyway, this is how Bill Clinton won the nomination back in 1992....Busted butt, fought tooth and nail, didn't let bad news make him quit or the "right wing" conspiracy crush him or her...he did not have enough delegates to win the nomination until June of 1992.

This is also what it might take to beat the republicans....but more than likely not....not this race...either Obama or Clinton would be much better presidents than McCain and in my opinion, will win hands down.

It's the next election, the re-election that is going to be very hard to win...this is where I am looking...2012....by then the republicans will have recouped and all hell will still be breaking loose here and the country still trying to find our place in this global world and economy and all that is going wrong that was actually put in place by the Republicans themselves, will APPEAR to be the Democrat's fault....AT LEAST THIS IS how it will be played imo....and by then the republicans will have a stronger and better candidate that all of their party members can support...trust me, I can see them working on it now!

Anyway, I don't see any of this that upsets you so much as anything other than dirty, scummy, politics that Obama has been just as successful at as Hillary...

Even this Gas tax thing that he is blasting Hillary on, Obama voted yes three different times for gas tax relief while in the Illinois senate is what Senator Evan bayh had said on abc this past week and I heard a blip of tim russert questioning Obama on his yes vote to cut gas taxes while in illinois, (was THAT PANDERING Midcan?) and Obama said he made a mistake and he learned from it yahdeedah.... HE DANCED on it midcan....like any other politician midcan, and yes, including Clinton.

But regarding this incident, what makes Obama any better than Clinton with her vote that was uninformed and wrong on the Iraq resolution? Is only he allowed to make mistakes?

You seem to be viewing this through tunnel vision Midcan and this surprises me but it is the same thing with most all Obama supporters, of course from my "side's view" hahahahaha! :D, the Obamaites have taken up all the lies about the Clintons that the republicans used to say and they used to take the side of defending the Clintons over it and now walk LOCK STEP with this right wing smear????

The Obamaites remind me of the Bushites midcan, "their guy's shit don't stink" no matter what...defend till the end and smear others to do such...

The Reverend Wright is fair game midcan, whether he were black or white or whether he were the reverend of john Edwards and she were running against him...why "play" the race card?

And as far as this silly notion that because the Clintons invited the Rev Wright to the white house for one occaision to discuss their marital problems and how to help heal the black community's disappointment in them, to that of Barak Obama's 20 year membership to his church is just utterly ridiculous and downright foolish...again, you guys are scaring me....becoming too much like the Bushites than meets my comfort and I feel like it is dejavue midcan!

Please, please look at what you guys are acting like and tell me that you don't see the similarities to people that "worship" their leader like they are a god.... no one is midcan...people are people, faults and all....and no one on this earth at this time is worth worshipping imo.

Care

Nice post Care...interesting....especially from one Dem to another....
I have to read it a third time.....:clap2:

Contessa...

in light of the hindsight reality to phantom wmd's I will call it gullible. Your miles may vary.

Tracy Morgan
: "Why is it every time a black man in this country gets too good at something, someone always comes along and reminds us that he's black? First, it was Tiger. Then Donovan McNabb. Then me! Now Barack. I've got a theory about that. It's a little complicated, but basically it goes like this. We are a racist country. The end. ... Maybe not the people in this room. But if we're not a racist country, then how did Hillary convince everybody in Texas and Ohio that Barack didn't know how to answer the phone at three in the morning? Let me tell you something, Barack know how to answer that phone. He's not going answer it, like, 'Hello. I'm scared.' He's going to answer it like when I get a call at three in the morning, 'Yeah! Who's this? This better be good or I'm coming down there and put somebody in a wheelchair!'

"People are saying he's not a fighter. Let me tell you something, he is gangster. He's from Chicago! Barack is not just winning because he's a black man. If that was the case, I would be winning, and I'm way blacker than him! I can smoke Newports and drink Olde English. I grew up on government cheese. I prefer it! Now there's all this stuff and talk about the pastor. Barack got to stay away from this pastor, because he's too black. But just because he knows the dude doesn't mean that he's going to think like him. Look, I have a friend that goes to strip clubs. That doesn't mean that I'm going go to the strip club."

Seth Meyers: "But you do go to strip clubs."

Morgan: "Yeah, but I go for the girls, not because my friend is going. I have integrity. Barack is qualified. Personally, I want to know what qualifies Hillary Clinton to be the next president? Is it because she was married to the president? If that were the case, then Robin Givens would be the heavyweight champion of the world. ... If Hillary's last name wasn't Clinton, she'd just be some crazy white lady with too much money and not enough lovin'. That's where I come in. I know women like that, and you do not want them on the phone at three in the morning. ... In conclusion, three weeks ago, my girl Tina Fey, she came on this show and she declared that bitch is the new black. You know I love you, Tina. You know you my girl, but I have something to say. Bitch may be the new black, but black is the new president, bitch!"

contessa it's possible Shogun just doesn't know what AIPAC is....

:cool:

personally i think it's a dam good point

aipac, and suspected ties, are not my reason for refusing to vote for her. In my opinion, her willingness to bend like a pussywillow in a slight gale post 911 indicates her failures in interpreting actual national threats.

:evil:

"Finally, I want to say a word about the basic decency I have seen in Mr. Obama. Mrs. Clinton continues to throw the Rev. Wright up in his face as part of her mission to keep stoking the fears of White America. Every time she does this I shout at the TV, 'Say it, Obama! Say that when she and her husband were having marital difficulties regarding Monica Lewinsky, who did she and Bill bring to the White House for "spiritual counseling?" THE REVEREND JEREMIAH WRIGHT!'"

http://www.counterpunch.org/krassner05062008.html

What does one think of the differences in behavior?

i don't believe they called upon wright, they called upon jesse jackson....

aipac, and suspected ties, are not my reason for refusing to vote for her. In my opinion, her willingness to bend like a pussywillow in a slight gale post 911 indicates her failures in interpreting actual national threats.

:evil:

All three were vetted by the group; no one can get there without the stamp of approval, but she is "owned" and handled, and I hate it that of all the women it is not one who got there on her own. We would not even know who she is if he had not gotten to be president. She would have never gotten beyond a backwater Arkansas law firm.

As for Obama, I just wish there had not been this thing about Wright, because I understand and know exactly what Wright means and believes, and I don't think that "Barry" gets all of it.

It is all too sad.

I wanted him to be more, and goodness knows this country could use a real hero in the Oval Office

Oh and I don't see McCain as a hero. He got caught in very tough circumstances, and survived it, he did his service, but he is no hero.

i dunno.. While I do not side with his politics I would consider anyone who found themselves in a pow camp during an American war a hero. I respect his service.

Clinton could have been graceful about the 08 election. Having a Bush or Clinton in the white house since 88 is extremely troubling. She COULD have waited until '16 to swoop in and kick some ass since, by then, regardless of who wins in 08 or 12, there would be some serious 90s nostalgia going on.

I don't respect her tenaciousness. I don't forgive her serious misjudgment about the iraq war.

like I said, your miles may vary.

Have a great evening!

Forum List

Back