Say it ain't so!

onecut39

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2008
This is just too funny. Here we have Romney, champion flip flopper, who, the right wing assumes, picks Ryan to add true blue genuine conservative values to the ticket. A man of sterling character the right can depend on to further all their sacred principles. There are those on this board who have expressed their willingness to accept that premise, hold their nose and vote for Romney.

Now in addition to Romney's megaflips you now have Ryan's giant flop. Your true blue standard bearer, the essence of conservative image 'no longer" supports his medicare cuts, . One of his signature issues. That which was a huge part of his budget and, more importantly, his philosophy and was supposed to draw the reluctant conservatives back into the fold.

What does that say about character and conviction vs ambition and ego. Nothing to me except for the laugh, he is/was your hero.

But wait. Romney said Ryan no longer supports these cuts. What does Ryan say? Surely he will not go along with this destruction of his character.........will he? That would destroy the only reason anyone ever had to vote for him.......wouldn't it? Surely he will be on every news channel immediately telling us he is his own man that he resents words and beliefs being put in his mouth and will immediately withdraw from the race. Isn't that what a man of character would do?

After all these cuts were part of Ryan's budget that actually passed the house and, supposedly, are supported by a majority of the party. It is on the record.

The suspense is almost as unbearable as the humor.

This is just too funny. Here we have Romney, champion flip flopper, who, the right wing assumes, picks Ryan to add true blue genuine conservative values to the ticket. A man of sterling character the right can depend on to further all their sacred principles. There are those on this board who have expressed their willingness to accept that premise, hold their nose and vote for Romney.

Now in addition to Romney's megaflips you now have Ryan's giant flop. Your true blue standard bearer, the essence of conservative image 'no longer" supports his medicare cuts, . One of his signature issues. That which was a huge part of his budget and, more importantly, his philosophy and was supposed to draw the reluctant conservatives back into the fold.

What does that say about character and conviction vs ambition and ego. Nothing to me except for the laugh, he is/was your hero.

But wait. Romney said Ryan no longer supports these cuts. What does Ryan say? Surely he will not go along with this destruction of his character.........will he? That would destroy the only reason anyone ever had to vote for him.......wouldn't it? Surely he will be on every news channel immediately telling us he is his own man that he resents words and beliefs being put in his mouth and will immediately withdraw from the race. Isn't that what a man of character would do?

After all these cuts were part of Ryan's budget that actually passed the house and, supposedly, are supported by a majority of the party. It is on the record.

You tools should make up your mind.

When he was announced, your Talking Point Memos told you to spam the board with claims that Ryan was not conservative enough.

bhdhc7.jpg

Paul Ryan said:
When Mitt Romney selected me as his running mate, I knew the Democratic attack dogs would come out in full force. They would say I’m a right-wing ideologue. They would say my views on entitlement programs are far too radical. They would say putting me on the ticket immediately kills Mitt Romney’s chances of becoming president because I’m a liability. But if we’re being honest with each other—if we’re able to put aside the talking points for a few minutes and say what we’re all actually thinking and feeling—I believe we can acknowledge the real truth here.

I’m young, I’m handsome, I’m smart, and I’m articulate. And that scares the ever-loving shit out of you. You can pretend like you have this thing in the bag, but you know good goddamn well that this race just got real interesting, real fast.

It’s okay to admit it. You’re frightened to death of me. It might actually be healthy for you to face your fears now rather than later, when Mitt and I are leading by a few points in the polls and it looks like this thing might end badly for you. Face it: I’m not some catastrophe waiting to happen, like a Sarah Palin or a Dan Quayle. On the contrary, you have the exact opposite fear. I’m a solid, competent, some might say exceptional, politician.

<snip>

Yup, you should be scared shitless of me, because guess who isn&#8217;t? The people of Wisconsin. They love me. Republicans and Democrats there love me. Hell, I get Democrats to vote for me even if my policies make zero sense when it comes to their livelihoods. Do you know why? Because they like me. They like my story. Young, good-looking kid who pulled himself up by his bootstraps to make something of himself. Christ, I'm a storybook candidate. I balance out this ticket so well it&#8217;s almost too perfect. The people of Ohio are going to think that. And seniors in Florida&#8212;the state we supposedly lost when Mitt picked me&#8212;won&#8217;t be so scared as soon they know that my mother lives in Florida, and that all I want to do is reform the health care system so she can receive care that makes good fiscal sense.

Boy, I&#8217;m going to sell the shit out of that talking point. And I&#8217;m going to do a great job of it. Why? Because I&#8217;m Paul Ryan. That&#8217;s what I do.

FULL TEXT HERE!

bhdhc7.jpg

Paul Ryan said:
When Mitt Romney selected me as his running mate, I knew the Democratic attack dogs would come out in full force. They would say I’m a right-wing ideologue. They would say my views on entitlement programs are far too radical. They would say putting me on the ticket immediately kills Mitt Romney’s chances of becoming president because I’m a liability. But if we’re being honest with each other—if we’re able to put aside the talking points for a few minutes and say what we’re all actually thinking and feeling—I believe we can acknowledge the real truth here.

I’m young, I’m handsome, I’m smart, and I’m articulate. And that scares the ever-loving shit out of you. You can pretend like you have this thing in the bag, but you know good goddamn well that this race just got real interesting, real fast.

It’s okay to admit it. You’re frightened to death of me. It might actually be healthy for you to face your fears now rather than later, when Mitt and I are leading by a few points in the polls and it looks like this thing might end badly for you. Face it: I’m not some catastrophe waiting to happen, like a Sarah Palin or a Dan Quayle. On the contrary, you have the exact opposite fear. I’m a solid, competent, some might say exceptional, politician.

<snip>

Yup, you should be scared shitless of me, because guess who isn’t? The people of Wisconsin. They love me. Republicans and Democrats there love me. Hell, I get Democrats to vote for me even if my policies make zero sense when it comes to their livelihoods. Do you know why? Because they like me. They like my story. Young, good-looking kid who pulled himself up by his bootstraps to make something of himself. Christ, I'm a storybook candidate. I balance out this ticket so well it’s almost too perfect. The people of Ohio are going to think that. And seniors in Florida—the state we supposedly lost when Mitt picked me—won’t be so scared as soon they know that my mother lives in Florida, and that all I want to do is reform the health care system so she can receive care that makes good fiscal sense.

Boy, I’m going to sell the shit out of that talking point. And I’m going to do a great job of it. Why? Because I’m Paul Ryan. That’s what I do.

FULL TEXT HERE!

He just threw curing medicare under the bus. Don't yell at me, Ryan did it.

Now Ryan has the same problem as MItt. Credibility Ryan could come out and tell Mitt to pound sand. If he allows Mitt to dictate his beliefs he just becomes one more ambitious lackey.

Now you have two..

You have never spoken a word about Obamas flip flops. But its a problem for the opposition.

Is there any situation democrats do not apply double standards?

You have never spoken a word about Obamas flip flops. But its a problem for the opposition.

I thought you guys were just too upstanding and moral to even consider voting for a flip flopper. Now you have two. I am sure you will find some means to explain that problem.

You aren't a hypocrite............are you?

Much like everything else the modern day GOP represents, being hypocritical is at their very core. Consistency is certainly not a requirement in their viewpoints.

If your boss and you diagreed on how to perform a task and he or she said, "do it my way"...would you quit job job or be flexible about it?

Romney is the top of the ticket and as such Ryan is willing to adapt and compromise by doing it "the bosses'" way.

Nice try. Put another quarter in the slot on your back and try again.

bhdhc7.jpg

Paul Ryan said:

<snip>

Yup, you should be scared shitless of me, because guess who isn’t? The people of Wisconsin. They love me. Republicans and Democrats there love me. Hell, I get Democrats to vote for me even if my policies make zero sense when it comes to their livelihoods. Do you know why? Because they like me. They like my story. Young, good-looking kid who pulled himself up by his bootstraps to make something of himself. Christ, I'm a storybook candidate. I balance out this ticket so well it’s almost too perfect. The people of Ohio are going to think that. And seniors in Florida—the state we supposedly lost when Mitt picked me—won’t be so scared as soon they know that my mother lives in Florida, and that all I want to do is reform the health care system so she can receive care that makes good fiscal sense.

Boy, I’m going to sell the shit out of that talking point. And I’m going to do a great job of it. Why? Because I’m Paul Ryan. That’s what I do.

FULL TEXT HERE!

I don't know what to say. The onion? They present this in humor. Do you? Can you possibly not know what the Onion is? You are being facetious, right?

That is an article I would post in ridiculing Ryan.

bhdhc7.jpg

Paul Ryan said:

<snip>

FULL TEXT HERE!

I don't know what to say. The onion? They present this in humor. Do you? Can you possibly not know what the Onion is? You are being facetious, right?

That is an article I would post in ridiculing Ryan.

Rabbi has linked to the Onion before thinking it was real. No lie. They aren't an intelligent bunch, hence their inconsistent, hypocritical viewpoints.

I thought you guys were just too upstanding and moral to even consider voting for a flip flopper. Now you have two. I am sure you will find some means to explain that problem.

I dont speak for anyone but myself....I do not like Romney.... But the current corruption and spending must be stopped to have any chance at avoiding financial collapse.....

Therefore I reject supporting criminals, I will hold my nose and vote Obama out..........

You support accessory to murder, organized criminal activity and an admin that has committed no less then one thousand felonies....

I dont speak for anyone but myself....I do not like Romney.... But the current corruption and spending must be stopped to have any chance at avoiding financial collapse.....

Therefore I reject supporting criminals, I will hold my nose and vote Obama out..........

You support accessory to murder, organized criminal activity and an admin that has committed no less then one thousand felonies....

LOL. Everytime you post it's like a gift to the world. Thanks for the laugh.

bhdhc7.jpg

Paul Ryan said:
When Mitt Romney selected me as his running mate, I knew the Democratic attack dogs would come out in full force. They would say I&#8217;m a right-wing ideologue. They would say my views on entitlement programs are far too radical. They would say putting me on the ticket immediately kills Mitt Romney&#8217;s chances of becoming president because I&#8217;m a liability. But if we&#8217;re being honest with each other&#8212;if we&#8217;re able to put aside the talking points for a few minutes and say what we&#8217;re all actually thinking and feeling&#8212;I believe we can acknowledge the real truth here.

I&#8217;m young, I&#8217;m handsome, I&#8217;m smart, and I&#8217;m articulate. And that scares the ever-loving shit out of you. You can pretend like you have this thing in the bag, but you know good goddamn well that this race just got real interesting, real fast.

It&#8217;s okay to admit it. You&#8217;re frightened to death of me. It might actually be healthy for you to face your fears now rather than later, when Mitt and I are leading by a few points in the polls and it looks like this thing might end badly for you. Face it: I&#8217;m not some catastrophe waiting to happen, like a Sarah Palin or a Dan Quayle. On the contrary, you have the exact opposite fear. I&#8217;m a solid, competent, some might say exceptional, politician.

<snip>

Yup, you should be scared shitless of me, because guess who isn&#8217;t? The people of Wisconsin. They love me. Republicans and Democrats there love me. Hell, I get Democrats to vote for me even if my policies make zero sense when it comes to their livelihoods. Do you know why? Because they like me. They like my story. Young, good-looking kid who pulled himself up by his bootstraps to make something of himself. Christ, I'm a storybook candidate. I balance out this ticket so well it&#8217;s almost too perfect. The people of Ohio are going to think that. And seniors in Florida&#8212;the state we supposedly lost when Mitt picked me&#8212;won&#8217;t be so scared as soon they know that my mother lives in Florida, and that all I want to do is reform the health care system so she can receive care that makes good fiscal sense.

Boy, I&#8217;m going to sell the shit out of that talking point. And I&#8217;m going to do a great job of it. Why? Because I&#8217;m Paul Ryan. That&#8217;s what I do.

FULL TEXT HERE!

you know thats the onion

Last edited:

I do understand facts bother you.

I will say it again, because I am waiting for the challenge.. A minimum of a thousand felonies...............Hard fact............ Yet you support this activity............

Why?

If your boss and you diagreed on how to perform a task and he or she said, "do it my way"...would you quit job job or be flexible about it?

Romney is the top of the ticket and as such Ryan is willing to adapt and compromise by doing it "the bosses'" way.

Nice try. Put another quarter in the slot on your back and try again.

You are right If my job meant more to me than my principles and this was the only way to support my family, that is exactly what I would do.

Somehow I expect more of a multimillionaire and a guy who has a job in the house. A good job that pays almost two hundred grand.

So yeah. I can see Ryan wanting the job enough to become an ass kissing toady.

I just think it is kind of ugly. We all have our standards.

I do understand facts bother you.

I will say it again, because I am waiting for the challenge.. A minimum of a thousand felonies...............Hard fact............ Yet you support this activity............

Why?

Do they still use restraints at your facility or have they switched to the soft walls?

So you think that Obama and Biden are the best the Democratic Party has to offer?

I can think of many Democrats more qualified than those two and a few I'd vote for over Romney, yet you settled on these to gaffe machines. Why?

Forum List

Back