Say goodbye to lobster?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind

I don't eat lobster, but I know that toxic waste and trash is being pushed over the N.W. coastal regions from China and Japan.
I definitely wouldn't be eating any seafood that comes from the West Coast regions. Most of it comes from China as it is......which is another big reason I stopped eating seafood years ago.

If they want to save the whales, then why don't they just build lobster farms?
Lots of companies now getting into shrimp farms, due to the fact that plastic is now being found in the DNA of fish and crustaceans, from all the dissolved plastics that have been dumped in the oceans since the 1950's or so.

I don't eat lobster, but I know that toxic waste and trash is being pushed over the N.W. coastal regions from China and Japan.
I definitely wouldn't be eating any seafood that comes from the West Coast regions. Most of it comes from China as it is......which is another big reason I stopped eating seafood years ago.

Lots of companies now getting into shrimp farms, due to the fact that plastic is now being found in the DNA of fish and crustaceans, from all the dissolved plastics that have been dumped in the oceans since the 1950's or so.

Hell, half the processed shit you buy off grocery store shelves is toxic waste.

Yeah, but that is edible toxic waste. LMAO!!!

I'm talking about toxic waste from their nuclear plants, sewage drainoffs, and manufacturing plant dumps!

I buy too much of it myself... but just because something is edible, it doesn't mean you should.

We've been dealing with toxins and nasties in our food sources for decades- make no mistake, the alphabet agencies are not looking out for us.

I buy too much of it myself... but just because something is edible, it doesn't mean you should.

We've been dealing with toxins and nasties in our food sources for decades- make no mistake, the alphabet agencies are not looking out for us.

Thats been obvious since the mothers were up in arms back in the 60's. They found out about all the toxic levels of poisonous additives, food colorings, and preservatives companies were dumping in foods and protested the food companies.

Many of these toxic additives were substituted for others............which were just as bad, if not worse. Others just had their chemical names changed, and companies conitue to use them.

No worries, Aussie Red Claw Crawfish will save the day. ;)

Australian-Red-Claw-Crayfish-2.jpg

I like lobster but don't eat it because I can't bear to see the poor things with their claws taped shut in the tank at Red Lobster or other seafood places and I can't bear to think of dropping something live into boiling water. I know. I'm a wuss.

But so much of our food supply is contaminated these days it's a wonder that we are as healthy as we are or that life expectancy keeps going up. Hombre (my husband) and I try to stay away from processed food as much as reasonable and make most of our food from scratch. But even fresh fruit and veggies likely have herbicides and pesticides and God knows what on them but since our own garden is out of the question these days, we just hope we wash most of it off and our bodies build immunity against that.

I wish all the mega dollars, time and energy being poured into climate change was instead being put into making a healthy and safe food supply. That would actually be beneficial to us all.

You do realize lobster comes from the East Coast??????????

And much of the seafood/fish are now farmed here??

I like lobster but don't eat it because I can't bear to see the poor things with their claws taped shut in the tank at Red Lobster or other seafood places and I can't bear to think of dropping something live into boiling water. I know. I'm a wuss.

But so much of our food supply is contaminated these days it's a wonder that we are as healthy as we are or that life expectancy keeps going up. Hombre (my husband) and I try to stay away from processed food as much as reasonable and make most of our food from scratch. But even fresh fruit and veggies likely have herbicides and pesticides and God knows what on them but since our own garden is out of the question these days, we just hope we wash most of it off and our bodies build immunity against that.

I wish all the mega dollars, time and energy being poured into climate change was instead being put into making a healthy and safe food supply. That would actually be beneficial to us all.

Not only are you a wuss you're ill informed.
Most restaurants kill the lobsters by jamming a knife into the them before boiling them.
Personally I'm not that kind of guy,I just toss em in the pot. As far as the rubber bands go they're there to keep the lobsters from pinching the shit out of the cooks and the customers who buy them.
So I guess it's safe to say you're a vegetarian......

Not only are you a wuss you're ill informed.
Most restaurants kill the lobsters by jamming a knife into the them before boiling them.
Personally I'm not that kind of guy,I just toss em in the pot. As far as the rubber bands go they're there to keep the lobsters from pinching the shit out of the cooks and the customers who buy them.
So I guess it's safe to say you're a vegetarian......
What you consider safe to say and what is fact doesn't quite mesh. But since you missed the point of my post entirely, I will just wish you a pleasant day.

Same reason you should never buy frozen farmed shrimp.
A great deal of it comes from the far east and it is unbelievably nasty water where they are farmed.
Most, if not all of bagged shrimp you get from large retailers like Walmart, Kroger etc. comes from Thailand and areas around there.
Disgusting.
Even worse is shrimp from Bangladesh and India.
If you can only get frozen shrimp - look for wild caught, Gulf or from Argentina.

Same reason you should never buy frozen farmed shrimp.
A great deal of it comes from the far east and it is unbelievably nasty water where they are farmed.
Most, if not all of bagged shrimp you get from large retailers like Walmart, Kroger etc. comes from Thailand and areas around there.
Disgusting.
Even worse is shrimp from Bangladesh and India.
If you can only get frozen shrimp - look for wild caught, Gulf or from Argentina.

I love our Gulf Shrimp in Texas.
Super fresh,never frozen and sweet as can be.

I love our Gulf Shrimp in Texas.
Super fresh,never frozen and sweet as can be.
Very jealous
We use to have a gal that worked in our office who was from Louisiana.
She would take orders for shrimp when she went, ice it all down in huge coolers on drive back.
She left the company about 7 years ago,
Man I miss that shrimp.

Very jealous
We use to have a gal that worked in our office who was from Louisiana.
She would take orders for shrimp when she went, ice it all down in huge coolers on drive back.
She left the company about 7 years ago,
Man I miss that shrimp.

Living on the Gulf Coast does have it's advantages when it comes to fresh seafood.
But the price of Red Snapper is getting way out of hand!!! Before biden fucked everything up we could get Snapper for $18 bucks a pound,now it's $31.50 a pound.
I'll still pay it because I love snapper but damn!!!

Living on the Gulf Coast does have it's advantages when it comes to fresh seafood.
But the price of Red Snapper is getting way out of hand!!! Before biden fucked everything up we could get Snapper for $18 bucks a pound,now it's $31.50 a pound.
I'll still pay it because I love snapper but damn!!!
Sad thing is because American waterways are so damn polluted from pre 1980s that you can't simply go fishing and eat the fish with any regularity at all.

Forum List

Back